Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I don't consider him much of a prospect right now. He could prove me wrong, but I like Reed so so so much more.
  2. Well I mean 8 or 9 mill per year and incentives that could push it to 10 or 11 per year. I'm assuming your referring to 8 mill over 4 years. But I don't think Maggs is worth much more then 8 or 9 mill a season.
  3. Well I won't be dissapointed if the Sox go another direction at 2nd. Alomar was really pretty over-rated when here in my opinion. He did some good, but I also think he's on the downside of his career and money is better spent elsewhere. I think they will go with someone who will platoon with Harris.
  4. Agreed Think of it this way...some car company says, if you buy the product then we'll put together a sweeter car. So your just going to buy the car because its crap and then they will finally start putting together a good car, but only once you start buying their crappy products.
  5. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    Cartman trying to get into Caso Be Nita
  6. Chisoxfn replied to danman31's topic in SLaM
    AGREED...unless Jessica Alba is naked for a few minutes, your not gonna get many guys to watch this crap.
  7. I knew it wouldn't take long for heathers reaction...now i don't want to know what you do with that pic
  8. Likely 4.5 mill after arbitration. Green is a good defensive outfielder, it just doesn't make sense to move him to first, although your right he has said he'd move. I think the Dodgers would prefer keeping him in right. They wanted to move him to left cause Burnitz was whining. Burnitz sucks, especially if you stuck him in right...I think that shows what the Dodgers braintrust is working with...ie they are really idiots
  9. Ok...thread is now closed and a poll with all the nominations will be created and will be up for 5 days..after that the top 3 will be the first members of the Hall of Fame
  10. Most likely because they may need to move Perez's contract and in moving him, then they can take on and get a good power hitter. If I were them I'd go with the cheaper route and keep the pitching, but Perez doesn't get along with some of the players there because of how upset he got with the run support and heartless play of some guys...I think Green was one of them. Wasn't it perez who would of had a no hitter had Green not half assed a play last season (Arguably) and then perez went off saying thats why this team can't produce or something like that. He also doesn't get along with Tracy. perez seems to have a lot of fire though.
  11. Hankins is definately opening up his possibilities as an uber utility man. Thats going to definately have some value, especially when the Sox carry someone like Sandy who has a tendency to get hurt. It can be a way to carry three catchers, without kind of carrying three catchers.
  12. As a gm, I'd be very aware of it and scared out of my mind of it. For that reason I wouldn't be a huge fan of taking him longterm. If Vlad stays away from the Yanks, then I seriously believe you'll see the Yanks make a big push at Magglio...possibly finding a way to get Soriano and Johnson..with the Sox not needing to give up a top top prospect.
  13. I'd say a package of Rauch, Magglio and Borchard could possibly land you those two...but when you mix in Konerko, I think it makes it harder. The thing is the Yanks have two good outfield options in Sheff and Vlad. If Vlad stays with the Expos then it could get interesting cause the Yanks could make arguments to take Maggs over Sheff because he's younger, better defensively and has a much better attitude. I think if Vlad stays, which is something I think will happen, then the Ordonez to Yanks rumors will really heat up and they could just get them to overpay. I know the Yanks have scoffed at the demands the Dbacks have for Schilling which is Soriano and Johnson. The question is, would an outfielder that is gonna be there a lot longer potentially be worth it to them. Schilling is quite the risk...although he's also an ace, but at 36 the question is for how much longer. If Vlad signs and things heat up, the Sox could maybe squeeze quite the deal out of the Yanks and land those two. If thats the case i'd make that deal in a heartbreak, deal Konerko and Borchard to the Dodgers for Perez..and keep Lee, Soriano and Thomas as your "heart of the order" and I'd still think Cameron could be a great option in center but use wsf's idea of the outfield with Reed/Rowand in right, Lee in left and Cameron in center. That would mean you stick Soriano at 2nd though, meaning you need to get a leadoff hitter cause I don't think Soriano should leadoff. Still I also forget you got Johnson in the middle of the order too. That to me would be the sweetest deal, especially in all the financial relief.
  14. I'd rather get absolutely nothing in return, which I think in the end could be a viable option...cause the Mets could take him and try working with him. If it pays off he will appreciate it and give them a discount and they are set with a close and didn't give up much more then a hill of beans. Otherwise they eat the contract which they can afford to do and they don't have a long term deal on their hands.
  15. Well if it gets Buffy to the Sox games...it may be a good rumor to start
  16. Considering how busy they are gonna be trade wise, I think its gonna be hard for them to make much of a splash early in free agency. The key for the Sox will be to unload Koch/Konerko and one of Lee/Maggs. I am not involved in the contract situation, but if I think I could get Maggs at around 8 or 9 mill for 4 years and maybe give him some incentives like an MVP is an addition 2 mill ro something like that to give him the ability to make more...then I'd keep him cause he can really be a cornestone of an offense and put him with Thomas and I'd be comfortable especially with someone like Cameron and Crede around that and then Reed, some youngsters and a leadoff hitter. For Ponson, I wouldn't give him that kind of money and I'm a huge Ponson fan...I'd rather wait and see what solid pitcher is out there and grab him as well as getting Odalis, plus Lee could very well be the trade bait in getting your 2nd starter.
  17. Lol....so your saying we should bring silver bullets to Sox games I can see the next PR scare of the Sox...crazed tries to shoot Maggs with a silver bullet claiming he's a vampire.
  18. Brian Giles is one player that I'd say is very comparable with Magglio, except a righty. Give or take a few things, but Giles signed a deal for a small market team longterm at about 8 mill. Now some things were different then and he wasn't a proven star, but he's not really a star right now and I'd say his contract is more then fair. Giles and Maggs aren't very marketable in a sense and they are just short of being superstars. I think we'll really be in for a shock..especially the players when they see some of the salaries the big name players get. Colon will be the only one that breaks the bank, imo. Hearing that Matsui would only get about 5 mill tells me that things are definately taking more of a downgrade then last year. Mix that with an extraordinary amount of players available and there will be a lot of bargains out there latter in free agency which is why a team trying to sell some guys is gonna be best off doing it quick, cause later on people are gonna find some bargains and just say, hey, will go with this.
  19. That could be...this could also be a ploy by the Sox to kind of call out Maggs or put some pressure on him in a sense saying, fine we'll move ya. Were not gonna reach those demands so quit thinking so ridiculous, although I highly doubt it. I can't agree more though...Maggs isn't a superstar, he put up basically Carlos Lee numbers...give or take. Lee is gonna get like 6 mill a year or so, how much better is Maggs...really, just a mill or two better, imo. Right now his defense isn't declining, imo. I think this was possibly his best defensive year of his career. I was really impressed with him out there.
  20. Right now the reports are Vlad may only find 12 mill a year and thats probably gonna keep him with the Expos. If Vlad is only worht 12 mill a year, then I have Maggs worth at least a few mill less cause Vlad is quite the player. And Sheff will only get like 10 mill and I presume it will be less and well he's also a better player then Maggs at this point. Maggs is good, but when Vlad and Sheff gets less then Maggs thinks his worth, it will be a real wake up call. Now would someone maybe pay 9 or 10 mill for Maggs, maybe on the open market, but I don't see him getting anymore then that if he tests free agency.
  21. I'd say Dreifort and Brown are two contracts they are stuck on and somehow they don't project that type of stuff, but I agree they could get it done. I think their quandry is since they've gotten stuck on some of the pitchers they have offered big bucks too, has led them to wonder whether its worth giving a pitcher a long term deal at huge bucks, especially at a position that has a very short expectancy cause usually closers are 3 or 4 years and then out.
  22. Creepy in what way? I am with ya all along, I think he's an 8 mill a year player. How he comes up with 15 mil is propostorious but at the same time the White Sox seem to be one of those teams that hasn't figured out the salaries in baseball are inflating at a pretty big rate and only stars are gonna get big bucks. Maggs is good, not quite a star..I'd love to have him around at 8 mill a year, even 9. He's productive, a good guy and can do the little things. But where he comes up with 14 mill, nuts simply nuts. I gotta believe after he sees what Sheff and Vlad get (Like 10 mill and 12 mill respectively; I wonder if Sheff even gets that) then he'll figure out what his value is and the Sox can get him signed longterm and Maggs can have his future secured and never have to worry about money again. And with Jose, I'm gonna go on the belief that Kenny had an idea that Matsui wasn't gonna be out there and knowing that he figures Jose will be very marketable when the time comes, so instead of losing him for nothing, he's gonna be able to get something valuable in return, maybe even someone like Itzuris or whoever who can be a long term solution at shortstop and come at a cheap price.
  23. There were rumors floating in season that the Dodgers would do it in order to free up the money to sign Nomar.
  24. I wasn't one that roasted ya. I've annoited Prior in that category for a while. I may of said let him pitch, but i do believe I've always said only injuries woulds top him from a few cy Youngs, but I definately remember that debate. Overhyped yes, but Wood on the most part was huge in the playoffs and dominating. But even against the Cubs, if you keep it close, turn it over to your pen which kicks butt and then tests out the Cubs crappy pen, well I'd take those chances.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.