Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Jesse Crain is who I'm talking about. Last season in AA: 1-1, .069 ERA, 22 G, 39 IP, 13 H, 10 BB, 56 K Last season in AAA: 3-1, 3.12 ERA, 23 G, 26 IP, 24 H, 10 BB, 33 K If I recall he really struggled like his firs 5 or 6 outings in AAA and then he all of a sudden went on a terror once again. He's 22 years old.
  2. Bosner is gonna be good, but no I'm talking about someone in the Twins system last year. He had freaking unbelievable stats and the stuff to match.
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing. Could a Jose and someone else for Garcia and maybe Carlos Guillen (Thats only if they are trying to dump Guillen, otherwise I doubt they do that). But the money standpoint tells me it only works from the Sox perspective if they deal Konerko. And how the heck is Garcia gonna get a raise in arb. No chance...unless the ruler is an idiot, he should get the maximum cut allowed which I thought was 20%.
  4. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    For the deals, I'd say everyone...last person I'd hold onto is Carlos Lee, unless Maggs is willing to restructure long term between 8-9 mill. And of course I wouldn't just trade for the sake of trades, take your time and find the right deal.
  5. They have a ton of guys right on the cusp ready to come up to the majors. The big question is whether they can get enough pitching and production from the guys that stay to hold up when a rook or two struggle during the adjustment period. If any team could do it, it would be the Twins cause they are definately doing something right with their scouting and coaching in the minors.
  6. If the Twins can't unload Milton and Radke rather quickly, then I think the Twins will be in trouble. A team that loses AJ, Hawkins, Guardado, and Stewart will have some problems. At the same time they have quite a few in house replacements. They got their stud first base prospect that will dh with Mient and they have quite a few outfield prospects and well LeCroy and Mauer at catcher. The big thing is how will their stud closer prospect do (Read about him last year when I was on my road trip in the minors) and everyone said he's an absolute stud. Couldn't tell ya his name though, but he was in AA or AAA and absolutely lighting it up.
  7. Wylie had some stuff pre-surgery a few years ago, but right now he isn't much of a prospect. Ginter has much better stuff and I still believe Ginter becomes a sucessful reliever at some point, the question is with the Sox or with another team. As far as Rauch he's got a great curve and the question is whether he can get his slider to the point it was before the surgery, if he can do that and mix in his improving changeup and fastball, which would then be sneaky quick, then he will be sucessful. If he can't, then he'll be a mediocre player but still a big leaguer, most likely with another organization. This is definately his last year in the minors with the Sox. The Sox can't call him up unless they think he's gonna stick cause if I recall he's out of options.
  8. If its a deal that could make this team better then I have no problem trading Maggs. For example Soriano and Johnson would be unbelievable (Not saying it will happen). But a deal like that is not only smart financially, but to me smart talent wise. Soriano and Maggs are similar players production wise and I think Soriano has a higher ceiling but he does have his flaws too and well I love Nick Johnson.
  9. Cameron would be an excellent pickup. Cruz would be fine too at the right price, but i'd really like to get Cameron back. He's one of the very best in centerfield. I think in a smaller stadium like the Cell (Well smaller then Safeco) you'd see him make quite a few "Hunteresque" catches.
  10. Now Escobar is a guy I'd really like to get. Considering what Ponson wants, I like Escobar in a similar fashion and he really came into a zone when he became a full time starter last season. Would be a great pickup, depending on what he's asking. I think the Sox are gonna add two quality starters and will be moving payroll by moving Koch, Konerko and either Lee or Ordonez.
  11. Schilling wanted a 3 yr deal if he were to accept the trade or thats what Gammons reported about two days ago...but he will accept a deal if thats the case.
  12. Cool...and that icq thing looks weird
  13. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    Same difference
  14. Mauer has an absolute cannon.
  15. I wonder how many ran home with wet pants Thats pretty crazy though...its like straight up Subsitute Style (The Drug running principal and all that crap)
  16. Your just turned the best age you could be...well until I finally turn 21...then that will be the best age. Hope you have a great one
  17. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    HEY NIKKI
  18. Nice Alex...all great additions to have back
  19. Will try catching ya on aim tonight or tomorrow
  20. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    One word of advice. Don't respond back to her with Mmmm....I'm Beastly
  21. Haven't heard anything about Piazza. Sox are interested in Odalis Perez, Freddy Garcia and there may be some interest in Soriano/Johnson but most of that has been speculation. Also Koch has been rumored to be going to the Mets for Roger Cedeno. Haven't heard anything abuot something going down immediately, but if it does, my guess is Koch is the first to go.
  22. Hey Alex...if you can I don't know how you added the submit type stuff in the fast reply, but we no longer need it there because that issue was fixed with the newer upgrade I just ran. Also, somehow we have to remove the last click hack cause its now on the board as is...that or its just a bug, haven't figured that out yet. So now it comes up double in those areas as well (If that makes any sense). Gracious
  23. Also the board should really speed up once each individual poster is around for a few minutes cause there are some new images that have to cache, but once that happens it will really be flying. It just kicked in for me and its great
  24. Thats tight begood

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.