Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to KipWellsFan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Its your own personal site. If you click on your block in your controls or under one of your posts, you can go in and edit it.
  2. Now this makes that deal look better. An outfield with Kotsay and Kielty is something I like and Lilly was definately expendable. Despite that they did give up Lillly who I think is turning into a pretty solid pitcher. Kielty struggled as a full time player on the Jays while Lilly was turning into a pretty damn good pitcher down the stretch for the A's. This could really bite Billy in the ass. Maybe he is just dismantling the team, before he jumps to some team in the AL
  3. Chisoxfn replied to GASHWOUND's topic in SLaM
    Geeze...Neo is fighting Agent Smith.
  4. Sapp will be joining him on the free agency line this offseason. Guarantee the Bucs dump both of them.
  5. Oh I read moneyball and I have to admit at parts of it I was rolling and at other parts I thought, now that makes sense. In the terms of Billy always jobbing people, I always find it hillarious how he never mentions how a prospect he moves can be doing good someplace else or anything like that. Plus, I still think he's an idiot for drafting some of the guys he did, when he did. Jeremy Brown can be all that, but I still think he's gonna have some major weaknesses, once he reaches the majors and if he reaches the majors. Reed is a far superior player to him, yet the White Sox drafted him in the 2nd round and up until late this year, not many people heard much about him. Reed was considered a "reach" too. I also think Reed will be a much better ball player then Brown will ever be. And gracious....Jason and the Arganauts was what one of my buddies dads used to always call me.
  6. Sure I will, but its Jas I think most of us know I'm a huge fan of Kotsay. Of course when it comes to an all star catcher or Kotsay I go with the catcher. I do think Kotsay would of been a good fit for the Sox. He plays good defense and is a very productive offensive player when healthy. The problem is health is a serious issue with him as he's had some back issues that will likely be long term. The A's are fools, but Kotsay will put up pretty darn good numbers when healthy. But he wasn't worth what they gave up. Beane got jobbed.
  7. Meshawn is the man. He just found a way to get paid big bucks without taking big hits
  8. I've said all along that I think Jose is gonna get dealt with someone else and when that happens then we'll see the Sox plans. If the Sox pick up Jose's option get someone like Itzuris and then get Matsui to play 2nd then I'd say fine by me. Or if they deal Jose for some type of pitching help to a team like the Mariners looking for a 3rd baseman, then once again fine by me. If Matsui gets 3-4 mill adn the Sox just sat and picked up Jose's option and keep him on this roster, I for one will be pissed. It will be yet another example of the Sox settling for mediocrity. Well depending on what else they do this offseason.
  9. Baez would be an outstanding pickup. This kid has a great arm and to me is already a solid reliever. I wouldn't want him as a closer, but he'd add great depth to the pen. I'd let Gordon walk and add Baez, Lightenberg and another reliever, possibly Sully.
  10. Its being reported all over the San Diego news stations and GM Kevin Towers is coming on the radio in about an hour so its a done deal. Great deal for the Padres, mainly cause Hernandez is a stud and they already had a logjam in the outfield. The salaries work out the same this season and to me Hernandez is more valuable then Kotsay and getting Long is just a throw in and Long is a solid player.
  11. Went on yesterday as well. I think its all back but I was sent a message saying they are doing a little more mysql work. Just another week and we'll be on a brand new server though
  12. Chisoxfn replied to 1549's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Thats exactly whats going on so I try to tip toe around the issue. Since something legal is going on I'm not going to rip the other company nor will I dulge much into the exact instances. The thing I'd love most is to just finally be able to just come out and say were gonna be back. I hope I can say that sooner and not later. Eventually either way.
  13. I know Illinois is supposed to have a pretty good law school. Been looking that up for a while now and have noticed that they are rated pretty high and very affordable.
  14. Sure...I'm in the same boat, frankly I'm not a creative person.
  15. Chisoxfn replied to 1549's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Well we can't go into much deal, but it stems from a company we joined and a legal argument has came up in regards to that company and us.
  16. Chisoxfn replied to 1549's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Oh ya...that name won't be going anywhere. We plan on re-opening that as well. The thing is I have to make sure that were in the safe first, once that is done...then things will start to continue on like they used to be, and hopefully better. I loved doing futuresox, it was so much fun.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to 1549's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Well for those that weren't really familiar with SoxNet, it was the original. It came before Soxtalk and Soxtalk was created as the "Message Board for SoxNet". Now Soxtalk has evolved into a community of its own, but SoxNet was the sister site to this. We liked the idea of seperating the name of the board from the name of the main site because it was kind of a way to cross market and such. I know a lot of people like going directly to a message board and with this we give people the option of straight to the board or straight to the main site and then all stories would also be posted here. We'll probably do something similar when/if we can get something going again. Futuresox.com was the same way.
  18. I think telling him he's not invited is a lot like telling him not to come, especially when Kelly has always been willing to show up. Its not like they are only inviting the best players on the Sox. I guess it could be a hint that Munoz or Sanders or both will be in the pen next year.
  19. If you want a custom name just tell us. I'd say you've reached the "special" status it takes to get your own custom name
  20. Agreed Ross just ask her if she wants to hang out. Take her to a movie or something, but got as friends and get to know eachother more. When you make things a date you put a lot of pressure on you and the girl, especially at your age. Considering the two of you don't know each other that much and I'm assuming it be the first "date" either of you had been on, that your better off easing into things. It be a lot more comfortable for both of you if the two of you were friends and got comfortable with each other first.
  21. Don't forget to vote on the Hot Chick Contest and do your part in deciding Whose the Hottest Girl out there. And then we also have the signature hall of fame voting which began today. Three signatures will be inducted into the hall of fame and the hall of fame will be added with one new signature each month or two depending how many new quality sigs come out. Next week we will have the avatar hall of fame voting, that will be similar. Anyway, just wanted to give both contests some pub since not everyone visits the Photo Album.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    it was an outage..having to do with being on a messed up server. I won't have the time to get us on the new server until Thanksgiving break, but once that happens things should be all set. As always sorry about the problem.
  23. I classify Rauch in a similar category as Garland. Neither are finesse, but neither are necessarily power pitchers. Garland possesses a mid 90's fastball but usually doesn't use it and isn't really a strikeout pitcher. Of course he's considered a sinkerballer..but Rauch is just a pitcher.
  24. Thats why theres Dan Evans
  25. Alright..the voting is now up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.