Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I'd like that, but if Ponson asks for too much it may not be worth it. Someone like Pavano who isn't really a hot name could be a great option at like 3.5 mill or so and then throw some option years on. He quietly had a good season and is finally getting healthy and most likely won't be back with the Marlins, who will likely keep AJ Burnett instead. A rotation of Loaiza, Buehrle, Perez, Garland, Pavano would be strong. You'd need Elo to stay an ace, BUehrle to step up and then at least one of the others to do as well, but its deep, will give you innings and everyone should keep you in most games and some will win ya games. Foulke doesn't like the organization, but Keith always was happy last year until he was sent out and well I believe many of his problems were with Manuel, but many will probably say its with KW. I don't know for sure, but he would be sweet to have back.
  2. On a sidenote I heard that the Sox may have some interest in Foulke if they can unload Koch and make a few moves. Don't know if Foulke would have the same interest or if he would even be around long enough. I think it was mentioned by Bruce Levine last night.
  3. I firmly believe that as long as he's healthy Perez is much more similar to the pitcher he was in 2002 then in 2003. Statistics have showed that young pitchers after having their first huge workload regress the next season. Its happened with a lot of the greats and I'd say that Perez would be a very good pick up...especially if they would add Percy and then another starter.
  4. I think if its Lee, the Dodgers would have to give the Sox a little more in return, at least a Joey Thurston and someone else. I'd be very reluctant to give up Carlos. I'd much rather see the Sox pay a few mill of Konerko's contract or give the Dodgers someone like Ginter as well then deal Lee. The problem is, since when has JR ever been willing to pay a large chunk of a guys salary to get someone good in return. They only do that when they are dealing pretty much straight up...ya know the usual CASH considerations.
  5. Do you know what it was 2 years ago?
  6. I'm guessing ESPN.com would have those splits. I do know that two years ago he threw 222 innings and had an ERA of exactly 3.00, which is pretty damn good. He had only 95 innings each of the previous two years in the majors so that increase in my opinion was the reason for this years decrease and I'd expect him to pitch closer to the two year ago Perez then last years.
  7. The other offer on the table is Edmonds for Perez but the Dodgers are very leary cause Edmonds is OWED HUGE BUCKS over the next few seasons. So while Konerko makes a lot, compared to Edmonds I guess its not too much to the point that they'd just take Edmonds. Right now it appears that the Sox are the front runners. My personal prediction is that this deal goes down around the same time as the Koch deal, cause I think both will happen first, then a Maggs deal will go down and then after these three things happen, you'll see the Sox look to free agency. I think they will let most of their in house issues hold off for a bit now, with the possible exceptions Sully and Gordon. OTherwise they will just let JG and Buerhle wait a bit while they make moves and I'm sure they won't mind if they put the Sox in a position to give them good deals.
  8. I'm thinking with what they would likely pay Lee, they could offer to pay about 2.5 mill or so and then let the DOdgers worry about the rest and then the Sox could keep Lee and have him as one of the key offensive players around Thomas. Of course when Magglio goes their will be another need, but I think its something that can be found.
  9. Ya, very early there were some hacks and then a few months ago once more. I don't think this last thing had anything to do with a hack of us, but more of a hack on the particular server and whatever it did it manipulated a lot of files. The archives are still around though..just give me a few days and things should be back to normal
  10. Ring lacks the fastball that will "wow" the scouts so he won't find himself on that list. That lack of a fastball will also be what he hears when he tries to become the Mets closer, imo. He'll be solid, nothing more, nothing less, imo.
  11. No chance the Sox should do both of them. Erstad isn't much more then an overhyped Mike Cameron, albeit a lefty. I've watched Erstad a whole lot over the years and he's a great guy to have around, but at 8 mill per long term forget about it. His knee is a goner and the Angels know it. They are slotted to move him to first base this season because of it, hoping somehow it will prevent him from getting hurt. Go for Percy, not Erstad...this is coming from someone that goes to like 25 Angel games a season and watches almost all of their games I'd much rather the Sox just resign everett for a year at like 5 mill (And I don't believe he could get more then that on the open market) then worry about Erstad long term. Now if Erstad didn't have those heatlh issues, I'd say he'd be an amazing fit, but I just don't think its a wise gamble, considering the Sox shouldn't really roll the dice when it comes to players with high contracts, they got to be incredibly smart with it, cause when you f up and have a 55 mill budget, your in deep crap.
  12. Look for the Sox to get more then Percy, it would be a package of players and if I were the Sox I'd look for someone like Jeff DaVannon and a good prospect. Percy would be a horse in the pen while Davannon can play any position in the outfield and he's pretty solid all around and seems to be developing into a good player. The question is whether they could get it to work. Maybe get Percy and Kennedy, who knows, but it will be more then Percy cause Percival is older also has a decent size contract, although its his final year. Heck if the Sox got Percy and two good prospects and then got Perez for Konerko, while they would lose a lot of offense, I'd really love the look of the team. Then bring back Sully or someone like that and you'd have a pretty defined pen and then sit around and stall till some of the quality FA left don't get their money and divy it out to them.
  13. Maggs is an 8 mill a year player. The problem is he thinks he is way more then that and in those situations you either hope the player figures it out and then you can go on and get something worked out or you deal him. In this case you can't really let it go on since he makes 14 mill and the Sox have a limited budget. Paying someone 14 a mill that is more an 8 mill a year player isn't right. Of course they could probably get away with it, if they weren't paying Koch and Konerko that type of money and due to give raises to Buehrle, Garland and a few others. And paying Jose 5 mill isn't that wise either.
  14. Says that the Sox have dangled either player for Odalis Perez and reports are the Dodgers are very interested. The Sox would prefer giving up Konerko but it unknown whether the Dodgers would be able to take on Konerko's salary. But I think its a pretty high probability that one of these two men will find themselves in LA next season and don't be shocked if Magglio is there too, once the whole ownership situation gets settled. Either way this seems like a very good deal for the Sox cause Perez is a lefty that you can kind of help build a rotation around and should be affordable, althoug he is arbitration elibigle. Get him signed and then add another pitcher and the Sox could be in better shape. I wouldn't hold it as unlikely to see the Sox work some type of bigger deal with the Dodgers too. Perez is just 26 and left handed and despite struggling last season he did finish with a 4.52 ERA, well above his previous seasons but that had to do in my opinion with the increase workload he saw two seasons ago and typically pitchers regress the next season as their body/stamina builds up. He's not an ace, but he's got the potential to be a front line guy and two years ago he was, last year he was a middle line guy but he's got the stuff and would be an excellent acquisition.
  15. No...Im not gonna get around to that until Thursday. The main features are working though...everything else appears to be minor and another hour or so and it should be right. Right now though I got to concentrate on my school work, until I get a minor break on Thursday and then I got to get ready again for a test on Tuesday and then a presentation and a report due on next Friday.
  16. What did they say in response?
  17. Only thing is that Koch is likely going to the Mets and that Maggs is being shopped.
  18. Badass...so when do you get on
  19. When is Beastly back anyway, I want to hear HMMM thats beastly again
  20. I'm gonna add yours ot hte list abo....the silver on the top with Crede and Buehrle on the bottom is cool.
  21. I second the nomination for Soxfan1...I love the old school jersey in your sig. Also, since yesterday was basically a down day, the nominations will end tomorrow night at 12 Eastern Time, 9 Pacific.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    Jumpin on for a few seconds right now
  23. I was watching part of Shock Videos last night and it was on Sex and the stuff they have on TV in the other countries. I gotta say their was some nasty stuff in there. But on their tv everything is scantalous and about sex but they are very up front about it. Something is going on different in this countries, especially Europe and I doubt its abstinence. All I know is that the pregnancy rate amongst teenagers in the US is double what it is in most European countries. I think Apu hit the nail on the head when he mentions it being considered a taboo here. Sex is natural, its something that happens. If two people want to wait till they are married...fine. If two people want to wait till they are in a meaningful relationship (not necessarily till they are married) then fine. And if two people want to just screw everything that walks...I guess fine. I think the key is that when its not looked down on, people don't make stupid rash decisions. I'm still amazed by how many of my friends (whom I consider to be smart) have screwed their girl without a condom. They actually thought the pullout method worked. Of course on the other side of the coin is what are the STD rates in these countries, cause for all I know they are higher. But don't expect Bush to be the one who goes out and tells the youth or America that Sex isn't a taboo.
  24. No group has more power then the Supreme Court.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.