Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 01:00 PM) All bears talk aside, it has been a really weird year across the board. A lot of teams expected to be good, not(Patriots). A lot of teams expected to be bad, actually looking decent(Atlanta). Nobody undefeated anymore. Just strange I think your example of Falcons isn't necessarily a good one. I don't know anyone who thought they would be bad. Injuries bit them a ton a year ago and were the reason they went from very good to very bad. I do agree with the parody (yes..since you called me out, I decided I'd take the time to spell it vs. just type as fast as I can) though. Saints were supposed to be great and they look lousy. Then again, its funny. Eagles have a very good record but if you watch them play, often times they look pretty poor too. I think a lot of the successes in the league have to do with a few plays going with / against you + the ease of your schedule. Bears schedule is just absurd. I still don't get how a team has to play that many early season road games.
  2. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:53 AM) Agree with a lot of this. My biggest issue is they have no desire to crush teams. Keep going for touchdowns. Knock them out before the end of the half. Too many conservative play calls. And I think that's partly Trestman simply not trusting Jay. I think that's why we're seeing a lot of screens. They're good at them, for one, but Jay can't f*** it up either. Bennett makes that catch late in 1st half and we might have another TD. Don't know for certain and we could have still ended up having to kick a FG and gotten that or missed. But more time comes off the clock and Panthers would get worse position. That was a huge change in momentum and helped get the Panthers back into the game and feeling good at half. They come out with a great drive and really turn momentum and we had some poor penalties and some real ineffective rushing in 2nd half. Jay was pretty limited in 2nd half. They didn't seem to let him do much at all and his one pick, I still think might have been a penalty but at least it wasn't a boneheaded throw. It sailed on him which will happen to any QB in the league. In general, he's been much better then years past, but offense continues to not do the little things and they have lost a few games on the details and it is unacceptable.
  3. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:48 AM) That's true, a little. But even then, you make some moronic mistakes and you're 10 yards further back than you should be. It's not like they gave up 1-2 return touchdowns. A longer field doesn't help, but it's not as much of a factor as a moronic QB throwing moronic throws. Or the offensive line choking on the biggest drive of the game. 1 return td and then we had a stupid penalty that negated a long return and pinned us back inside the 10. Oh and a missed field goals. It was still an F on special teams.
  4. QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:56 AM) That will only prevent people that are full on incubated...you can carry the flu for days without showing a single sign, same goes for Ebola. Having a fever at that moment, or sniffling/sneezing may mean you have the flu, but you can exhibit zero symptoms for days leading to it taking hold, despite being infected. And for the record, I'm not advocating banning flights to/from anywhere, whatever the CDC says we should do, we should do as far as I'm concerned. I didn't say that worked I just said its been done. I am not a doctor. I thought I had heard that Ebola isn't contagious or maybe it is difficult to pass on until you have the symptons, etc. Not sure if that is the case or not but if it was, then screening, especially those parts and people coming in from those parts would make absolute sense. And at a minimum, at least you are cutting percentages down significantly.
  5. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 05:08 AM) Even as it happened, the consensus seemed to be that he pulled a Yost, should have left him in. That being said, Storen has been outstanding. The odds of him giving up two hits before getting an out were pretty slim Except in the posteason. Small sample size but that is two huge blown saves Storen now has in a limited postseason career.
  6. Dodgers / Cards game was a lot of fun on Sat. Grienke continues to be the Dodgers postseason ace. Also had 2 hits and was running all over the basepaths. Glad Kemp hit the HR to bail him out. That series is going 5.
  7. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:56 AM) Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 13h13 hours ago Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton, who combined to bat .095 in the ALDS have a combined $278 million left on their contracts. Pujols was robbed a couple times. Hamilton was atrocious and in his defense, hadn't played in like a month. Never though the Hamilton deal would turn into the albatross it did. 5 years didn't seem that terrible at the time but boy is it. Pujols deal was always terrible but he's healthier this year then he had been in a few (still not 100% and never will be) but he was actually pretty good. That said, the contract is an utter disaster.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 07:46 AM) I will confess... I love watching KC. The defense, the speed, etc. It is throw back baseball, and it is fun to watch. They put stress on the other team, and many teams just can't handle it. Their defense is the reason they were up 2-0 entering game 3. And then in game 3, they outplayed Angels and Cain made another couple incredible catches. Touche. At this point, go Royals. I also will root for the Dodgers for the sake of my dad.
  9. Does it happen to be on tv? The preseason game?
  10. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:35 AM) I agree. Obviously the Donald is an extremist, but I think there should be some tougher and stricter measure of coming into this country from those infected areas right now. I was in China for a bit during the initial outburst of swine flu (or one of those things). If you had a fever, you weren't flying/coming into the country, and when we were at the airport going through customs, they actually were checking people's temperatures. Not sure if that was done all over the place or if it was just being done at select times. Of course I think I only remember getting checked on my way in, on my way out, I don't think they cared. Might be mistaken but you couldn't walk more then 10 feet without seeing some form of sign. My memory might be off a bit, but I remember at least one time either getting checked going through customs in China or leaving China. Note: This wasn't even at the height of the swine flu fear. I don't want to imagine what it would have been like the first few weeks.
  11. QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 02:13 PM) Kudos to Fuller for shutting him down, but damn I thought Benjamin was gonna have a huge day against the Bears. Him suckin and Rashad Jennings getting hurt killed me in fanduel this week I don't think Fuller had much to do with it. Benjamin had a costly couple drops / lackadaisical plays. He was open quite often. Most of the Panthers skill position players were open when we weren't generating a pass rush. Secondary was terrible.
  12. QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:51 AM) I thought he got held when I saw it live, but it looked like he kind of got tangled with the LB on the replay. I thought it was a good no-call. The first interception though...that was blatant pass interference. It still looked to me like the LB initiated the contact and Holmes bailed out. Not sure if he catches the ball as the throw was still high but the contact, etc, created a wide open lane for an easy pick. At least the read / decision was good as a good throw without contact and that is a nice completion.
  13. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:45 AM) Didn't Marshall have his hands on the first int? It was probably Pass Interference but it was a throw into triple coverage. There was zero reason to throw the football in that situation. All things considering, its funny cause results haven't worked out, but from a pure evidence perspective, Jay has been far better this year then years past and it still doesn't seem to matter. He just makes some really poor decisions and inopportune times. Play calling was just pathetic though. I'd have thought John Shoop was calling the game for most of the 2nd half. Just so vanilla and bland and I don't understand why we aren't throwing some deep shots down the field to keep them honest...not to mention we have Alshon on the team. Also, is it me, or does Jay throw a lot of picks/near picks in the direction of Holmes. Dilfer was on today and continues to say this is the best he's seen Jay look and he's totally bought in and doing things right, etc, and to be patient. Jay is so much more poised, etc, and it is pretty evidend to me, but results aren't pretty. Albeit, in a lot of the games, his plays were magnified because other people made some pretty brutal mistakes (see special teams...costly drops..costly penalties...defense giving up a ton of points in 2nd half..Forte fumbles...Marshall fumbles..etc). All that said, he's the QB. Still, season is early but losing the two most winnable games on schedules hurts (Buffalo / Carolina). Carolina is in 1st place in their division though and Lions lost, which was huge. The NFL is just all about paradoy. Key to this season is if team can start doing little things right. If they can, I still think they sneak into playoffs, if not, they are in trouble and we should see some pretty big changes (none of them being Jay or Trestman...barring some unforeseen disaster) and most of them being defense / special teams.
  14. QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 06:55 AM) Bears threw 35 passes yesterday. Only 10 landed more than 10 yards beyond the LOS. Only one of those was beyond 20. The play calling in the 2nd half was atrocious. Add in some offensive penalties and it got worse.
  15. QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 01:55 PM) Down field as in maybe 10-15 yards down field. They didn't take a deep shot all game. They barely took a shot in the 2nd half. It was conservative. I thought Holmes was held on the 2nd pick of the game, first pick was just awful and the 2nd pick was still a ball that Jay sailed. Like I said in the preseason, I thought the team lacked discipline and they continue to play with a lack of discipline. Lots of foolish mistakes in the 2nd half (not to mention 1st half with Bennett's drop on that 3rd down that seemed to be the start of the meltdown and of course the punt TD). Just pathetic.
  16. Congrats!!!
  17. QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:18 PM) Why did the Nationals pull Strasburg after 89 pitches? Are they still "protecting" him?? I presume it was because he had given up 8 hits, including two to start the 6th inning.
  18. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:50 PM) Perfect example of something I JUST saw on my facebook feed. http://www.naturalnews.com/047089_Ebola_pa...l#ixzz3F0K4t03c I feel enlightened. Sage and Thyme here I come.
  19. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:36 PM) southsiders.net. No idea. SSS is still very much up and running, though I'm not sure what happened with The Cheat/Gene Honda Civic. He was all kinds of awesome. Yeah, I meant southsiders. Cheat/GHC was awesome.
  20. Whatever happened to southsiders.net. Forget what it was called?
  21. NFL is about as bad in regards to Super Bowl locations. They just aren't corrupt like the IOC.
  22. QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 12:19 PM) I saw an article saying he's practicing again. Yeah, I'm confused. He has been fully participating in practice. I didn't think you could do that unless you were cleared.
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 10:47 AM) I would take less power in exchange for a generally better hitter. Only 1 of the top 5 teams in HR made the playoffs this year, Baltimore, while teams 29 and 30 both did. It's clearly helpful, it's not a bad thing, but you can't sacrifice all other parts of the game for power. Great post.
  24. QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 10:57 AM) 10 yrs 150 million for a young Puig. Under zero scenario, could I justify giving that much money to an unproven 19 year old.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.