Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 11:47 AM) This is going to be a completely different Bears team in a year or two. There is some real hate between the new management group and the players. Adam Jahns @adamjahns 11m #Bears CB Charles Tillman: "I’ve got one year. Do my year and be done. If they want to bring me back, they’ll bring me back." Personally, I haven't bought into Emery yet. I think he has a lot to prove still and I don't like how outspoken he was regarding the lack of resigning guys. Just STFU. No point in saying it. Plus, with 44 guys due contracts, you can't possibly just let everyone be FA's.
-
atlanta braves
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 11:22 AM) Anyone think they would be willing to give up early on Heyward? i keep wondering that myself. One problem is Heyward already has 4 years of service time.
-
7/25 Games
Semien has some nice tools too. This isn't one of those overachievers, the kid has talent.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
If the Sox purely clear Dunn's contract and get an organizations top 7 or 8 prospect I'd be happy. I think the goal for Hahn should be to get rid of most of the veterans, add some good pieces, clear salary, and position this team for a fresh start in 2014.
-
Happy Birthday Ptatc!
Happy Bday to one of the very best posters on Soxtalk!
-
All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues
What a fun game. Donovan is just playing stellar and I love how aggressive the US team has been. Lets win this thing!
-
Sox turn down trade offer for Alexei from Cardinals
QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 04:41 PM) Maybe the Cardinals and White Sox really are just talking about Alexi Ramirez. Color me surprised. https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/...172723428790272 As a White Sox fan, I think this is how you get the best value.
-
Sox turn down trade offer for Alexei from Cardinals
IF we could get something valuable for Ramirez, hells yeah. I love the missile but its time to move on. I also have zero problem trying Beck's at short. Key is he's going to have to hit like he did the past month or so to stay there, otherwise Sox will have to find someone else. But s***, I am not concerned about not having a shortstop during a rebuilding year. Sox would have a whole off-season to potentially fill that void.
-
Another baby thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:08 PM) Any truth to the rumor that Rowand44 was going to be the name if your kid was a boy? Just like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop", the world may never know. Haha.
-
Another baby thread
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:16 PM) I'll piggy back off of this one too since I never made a birth announcement. My daughter Brooklynn Bree turns 6 months today! Congrats!
-
Another baby thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:59 PM) Woo hoo. I also just found out that I will be a father in Feb. Congrats Rock!! Awesome news...I'm sure Buckeye nation is already excited for a potential top recruit (either in a womens or mens sport)!
-
Another baby thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 07:44 AM) One day after baby Gage...Elizabeth Rose, born July 19th, decided to shock mom and dad 3 weeks early. Jason, nice middle name for her Beautiful first name as well! Congrats Brian!!! Awesome news. Such an amazing experience. I'm sure we'll share plenty of war stories. Love the name. We actually almost went with Peyton Rose.
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:14 AM) On a recommendation, I watched a few episodes of The Inbetweeners on Netflix stream. Pretty hilarious stuff. That show is freaking hillarious. I caught some episodes on an international flight and couldn't find any more a few years ago.
-
Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:45 PM) Cubs got 3 of the top 15 Rangers prospects for a rental in Garza. Peavy worth at least that much if not more. just keep that in mind. If the Sox don't get at least that, just keep him. I don't see the Sox being able to get that, but maybe I'm wrong. Texas wanted to get someone and not wait back. Maybe two, three or four teams emerge in a bidding war and it allows the Sox to get as much or more. It would be a huge boom to our system. Of course the next step is developing them.
-
Soxtalk has a new heir
-
Soxtalk has a new heir
On July 18th. Mommy and baby are doing well. The most amazing experience in my life (sorry 2005)!!! In true kindness to daddy, she chose to be born on one of the rare days where none of the major professional sports had a game (which my dad pointed out). He then decided it was because she wanted to watch the open.
-
The continuing fall and decline of PHT.
QUOTE (aboz56 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 12:34 PM) This is all pretty simple. It's Jason's fault. Everything always is Boz...always is. How's everything going?
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 09:35 AM) Touche. Probably makes the point I was making more, actually (that the Bulls list isn't as bad as it looks). Fairly certain if you broke it down, you'd find out that the Bulls have been very good at drafting, especially considering where they were picking.
-
Tigers Targeting Lincecum to Close?
This is the dumbest stuff I've ever heard. Makes zero logical sense. I mean, I'm sure he would potentially be a good closer, but really, this is going pretty far outside the box and is about as unlikely a rumor as I've heard all year (and now watch the deal get announced in a couple days).
-
Jesse Crain dealt to Tampa Bay
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 06:55 PM) So pretty much Dayan's floor? Who everyone around here is ready to give up on. Well, Dayan has never shown the ability to put up a .350 OBP (or anything close to that).
-
All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:03 PM) Shea used as he should be today: as a sub. It wasn't even a good finish and Donovan's ball was freaking awesome, but he still was there. Donovan is an automatic starting 11 player in Brazil. He always was for me, but now there won't be any controversy to go with it. Completely agree. Everyone b****ing about adding him to the roster, all I could do was look at how great of a passer he is and how many more opportunities he should be able to create for Dempsey and Altidore and ultimately the three of them should play very well off of each other.
-
Matt Thornton to Boston
QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 06:57 PM) I would disagree regarding Semien. The most eye-catching stat in his second straight excellent offensive season is that he has 66 walks and 61 strikeouts on the year. Not bad for 22 year old middle infielder in AA (leading the league in runs). If he doesn't collapse he'll be appearing on some top 100 lists next year. Semien has some solid tools too. He's got a chance.
-
SOX DRAFT PICKS 2013
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 12:56 PM) Well, they did have the money because they didn't sign Bickford I thought if you don't sign a guy you lose out that slot money (or at least in the first few rounds), so the Jays actually didn't benefit from not signing Bickford.
-
Thornton Trade: Who is Brandon Jacobs
Was anyone expecting him to go anywhere else? He was hitting up a storm in a ball prior to his recent promotion to AA.
-
7/12 Games
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 06:55 PM) Great question. Jeromy Burnitz is so far the best example I can come up with. He was pretty terrible in AAA at 23 years old, but his K rate was never anywhere near that bad in the minors. There have to be more guys who struggled offensively early in their careers, made adjustments, and put it all together. Piazza was pretty mediocre his first two minor league seasons (posted a .670 OPS in year 2). Albeit, nothing like Hawkins.