Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Sox v. Yanks
Really goes to show if this team can clean up its defense, and find some more offense next year, they have a shot to compete right away with the rotation and nucleus in the pen.
-
Sox v. Yanks
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 09:00 PM) Stone is awesome, just not with Hawk. He's the best local baseball guy around by far but it doesn't show. Hawk and Wimpy are so good together. Even Hawk haters will admit that. Hawk goes back to being good whne Wimpy is around. They have tremendous chemistry.
-
Sox v. Yanks
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:20 PM) Hawk and Stone were talking about how much they like ADA in the 2nd spot. I agree and wouldn't mind seeing him there for the rest of the year. I'd like him in that spot too. Would be nice to find a leadoff hitter.
-
Sox v. Yanks
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:12 PM) How awesome is Beckham at barreling up pitches now He looks like he did his rookie year. Hard hit balls all the time. Its great. I really hope this is what we get from him going forward. And if it is, the good thing is the Sox will have money next year to extend him (I wouldn't hand him an extension in the off-season, I wait till May/June and then if he's still performing, then I extend him). Q is who I'd extend.
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 07:55 AM) Please don't say 50 HR season. No White Sox has ever done that, and the last young guy on here I heard was capable of doing it was Josh Fields. Lol....good ole Josh Fields. And I'd be freaking stunned if Tank hit 50 in a year. In this non-steroid era that is extremely unlikely.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 09:51 PM) Really now? You get a potential ace in Martinez or Wacha, and 3 good left handed bats to really balance out the lineup (we have zero LHB in the minors). I like it much better than ones Q posted. They can throw in Blazek and some lower level guys as well. Martinez and Wacha aren't on the same stratosphere as a guy like Sale. I'm not moving Sale in that package. We have an ace and a strong rotation...lets use the money we have, hope some of our guys develop, and try rebuilding the offense. A guy like Brian McCann is a start.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
No one will give what I'd want for Sale. Plus Sale is huge if you are going to contend in the postseason. McCann isn't all that bad, but all the injury issues are troublesome. Career 119 OPS+ is pretty nice out of a catcher (problem is he'll have to move positions at some point). However, its a major upgrade over Phegley/FLowers production. Someone probably gives him a lot of money.
-
Automobile Thread
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:12 PM) Is this gap insurance through the dealer or something? It has to be the gap insurance coverage.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 06:27 PM) Who is going to make a difference at $14 million a year for one person, or two for a combined $14 million a year? $14m per year should get you a pretty darn good offensive player.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 12:49 PM) Andy Wilkins is not a part of any rebuilding plan unless you are planning on being the Astros and intentionally tanking a period of years for draft picks and low payrolls. Wilkins was a 5th round pick. In no way am I saying we should be slobbering over him, but lets not act like he was some undrafted free agent that emerged out of nowhere. He's consistently produced at every level. I don't think he's going to stick but he's got the numbers and at least enough tools to warrant an initial look.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 11:38 AM) You don't block guys that you want to contribute with career 4A type of players. When was he ever blocked? I don't recall him being blocked by any of those bums.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 10:27 AM) Paulie has been hitting with a little more authority since he's been back from the DL. I would imagine this is it for him, but he does have a back issue, and if that could somehow get cleared up, it wouldn't surprise me if he was pretty productive again. I think the odds are he is either done or plays for peanuts somewhere close to home. It all depends on what the issue is with his back. I agree. I think Paulie goes into the off-season, gets medical advice, and then thinks about what impacted his swing. He won't make an excuse but if he thinks it was his back and it has cleared up, then I Think he still plays. Whether with the Sox or not, I don't know. I think he could be interested in playing and mentoring a younger team, but that is assuming the Sox add a vet or two to fill some holes they can't fill internally so they can at least give it the ole college try. And with this rotation, I don't know why the White Sox wouldn't at least try that. Wilkins will get his shot and I wouldn't look at the retreads they have signed down in AAA to be an indication they hate Wilkins. Wilkins was down in AA and part of the objective is to field some competitive minor league teams. Those are organizational moves.
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 07:51 AM) My only point was simply that Balta's stance that anyone who thinks a White Sox prospect sucks while evaluating all data on hand is a silly position to take. It's not like we're cutting down grade-A prospect talent, here. Whats sad is often times these grade C prospects end up getting a lot of time because the Sox have nothing else in the way of position talent.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 08:02 PM) What does that do for us though? Dunn is our best hitter by far and at the very least will get us a decent piece at next year's deadline if he keeps hitting like he is. Everyone these days can always use power. They won't risk claiming Dunn and Rios at the same time, but we aren't going to salary dump either anyways. Sox can always threaten it and if I were a team worried, I don't know that I'd be able to be certain that the White Sox wouldn't just let the guys go. I Think Dunn should probably be kept if you don't get anything valuable for him (and not because I think he's good)...however, I do see his value (especially in this steroid free era) and you will at least get a good prospect for him (if he's producing) next July and that is worth at least something. Plus, the Sox have plenty of money. However, I wouldn't blame the Sox to just let him walk. I can't stand Dunn though, however, if you could tell me he'd produce like he has the past 2 months, I'd sign him for more Dunn. If he produced like he did most of the tenure with the White Sox..f*** it...not enough hr's in the world were with how incapable he was with the bat as a whole.
-
2013 Minor League Transactions
Awesome.
-
8/5 Game thread vs Yankees. 7:00, CSN
The important thing down the stretch is the production of our future pieces. If we lose, I want to lose with our talented young players doing well (and our pitchers kicking ass)...basically exactly like we have during the losing streak. And if we win...I don't mind when it is against teams like the Yanks! Hard to have a good approach...when you haven't walked yet.
-
8/5 Game thread vs Yankees. 7:00, CSN
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 07:31 PM) Just got home...Hawk with some negative remarks about Phegley's approach His approach has been real terrible. The thing is, his swing looks playable....but man is his approach but. I wonder how much is nerves and just getting more comfortable vs. how much is what it is.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 06:46 PM) Well it depends what the exact order ends up being when he's placed on waivers. Could be Cleveland, Baltimore, or especially Kansas City. I could definitely see Baltimore putting in a claim for Dunn.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 06:52 PM) KC will block us on everything. Then saddle up their payroll or at least consider it. They could end up with Dunn and Rios. I'm fine giving them all of that salary and seeing how they deal with it. Or at least making that threat and then sending some cash instead and working out a deal. I always remember when someone did that with Randy Myers and ended up stuck with him. I think someone probably does claim all three of these guys but I wouldn't be surprised if they slid through purely because teams will be very cautious knowing the Sox are in rebuilding mode and they have to be damn sure they can afford them in their entirety (if they did in fact make a claim).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:36 PM) Any actual Bears fan doesn't need to go look at the listed "games played" to know whether Bennett's been anywhere close to reliable the past 4 seasons. He's had his injuries but most NFL guys do and miss some time. He's been our most reliable wide-out (other then Bmarsh last year) and actually runs good routes and catches the ball. I'm not going to get worked up over a training camp injury, especially something like a concussion and when you look at his injuries, in most instances, they were on pretty brutal hits.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
Out of curiosity, who do you think would block Texas?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
f***ing awesome Steve. Tremendous accomplishment!!!
-
White Sox v Tigers
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 03:56 PM) And yet you're tossing him aside based on a similar number of games. There is a difference in how you treat guys with tools and those without a lot of tools. Clearly Viciedo is going to get more time then a guy like Axelrod. You see if a guy like Axelrod works (despite not having big league stuff), however, its pretty clear when watching him that he doesn't have a major league career. Don't waste developmental time on guys like that...find new guys. I can't write off all kinds of players based upon my eyes just like scouts can.
-
White Sox v Tigers
What is sad is how great this pitching staff has been for this team to have lost 9 in a row. That said, if we are going to lose, I want them to be in low scoring games. It is paramount that these young arms develop into really good pitchers and continue to improve. That will be the key to this club getting competitive (and back into the playoffs) sooner rather then later (as it will allow Hahn to focus his attention on the lineup).
-
Post Deadline Top 10
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 02:38 PM) It will take much more than a few good months to convince me that either of them is more than flash in the pan. It seems like every year we have a couple of position players that play way over their heads that everyone gets excited about. Neither Sanchez or Semien have been flashes in the pan. Both have had productive minor league careers. Semien was really good last year too...he's just been downright stellar this year (especially the past month or two).