Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 04:05 PM) Drew Brees has a weak arm, current Peyton Manning has a weak arm, Andy Dalton weak arm and honestly dont think Tom Brady or even Aaron Rodgers have that strong of an arm. That list contains the best QB's in the league plus Dalton so I think arm strength is a bit overrated. Not saying Manziel will make it in the league but I'm sure if he has the talent his arm strength won't be as big a factor as some make it out to be. Tony Romo is another guy who doesn't really have the best arm strength and an extremely successful QB. Rodgers has one of the strongest arms in the league.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
My main issue with those stats is that the run blocking has looked pretty bad quite a bit this season, imo. Also, for those complaining about Cutlers slow release, hasn't he been the 9th quickest QB at getting rid of the ball or something like that this year?
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 02:00 PM) She's been a medical assistant for like 7 years. She got her license in May and since then she's been training as a Triage Nurse at the doctors office where she works. Outside of that, she just has schooling and clinical rotations. Try reaching out to Shipps Ian. He works at a hospital.
-
Chase Headley - Sox Potential Fit
This is now a Chase Headley thread not a rumor catch all.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
That isn't so bad. If it sticks to the 4 weeks or can get sooner. Problem is we have the Packers & Lions due up after the bye week.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 10:07 AM) Yeah, I don't know how much money you're really going to save, but you might be able to save a few bucks if you show good faith and make an offer while he is injured. He's got such a nice rapport with other key members of this offense now, I think you sign him and know that McCown is a competent backup (man, was he great yesterday!). Agreed. I look at Jay's numbers this year and they were pretty impressive and I thought he was getting better each week. He's still young enough that he has plenty of time left and I think starting over does a disservice to the current weapons we have on offense. I think they need to look for a slot receiver and a center (plus start thinking about a forte replacement) and focus on the dline (and also secondary while perhaps considering a move of Tillman to safety).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 10:04 AM) I guess the one nice thing is we were so urgent to win this year thinking it was the last year for the defense. But the defense is already terrible so it's less awful to lose the year. Interesting things will come up re: Cutler. We need so much help on D, do you commit to Cutler? You have a QB coach now, can they turn someone else into a star? Well if Cutler is out, you can committ to him for less money and then invest some picks and time into the defense. We have a nice window coming up with this offense so I don't see a problem sticking with Jay and investing in the defense.
-
Let's sign Brian McCann
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 09:56 AM) I would rather have McCann for the next 5 years at $15 million than AJ for the next 2 at either of those figures. I think McCann might get $100 million though, which is absolutely horrifiying for a player of his injury history and less than elite numbers. Saltalamacchia really is my #1 choice right now, given relatively estimates right now, but he could end up around $50 mill or so this offseason, and I don't want to do that either. Salty at 50M is a horrible idea. AJ would be a much better answer.
-
Let's sign Brian McCann
QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 09:31 AM) Yeah, I know you don't care for this one. I'm not saying AJ is the perfect player...he certainly has his detractors. But we are short on guys that seem to understand what is happening on a baseball field at times. AJ, at the catcher position, would help in that regard IMHO. AJ is a significant upgrade and more cost effective. I'm with you Shack, not sure why we wouldn't look at him.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Well, we get to see all of our rookie linebackers. Really sucks no briggs. Our young guys are going to get forced into the spotlight. Briggsy has consistently been one of my all time favorite Bears (along with Peanut).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Any word on Cutler yet?
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 05:56 PM) If you want to think of this season as almost lost regardless of a Cutler injury due to the defense, then maybe a Cutler injury would be a blessing in disguise as it should really drive his price down. I hope the MRI shows that it isn't near as bad as people think.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Bulls are winning the title this year!
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 01:39 PM) I think it is undeniable that this defense would be better if Lovie Smith was coordinating. Might not be any good, but even the players have thought that Tucker hasn't maximized his players. Today, the pass rush was much better and we got a lot of penetration on runs. Linebackers aren't great and secondary is really bad. With Briggs and Tillman out at the end, it is no surprise that we lost. That whole drive was helped by a bad officiating call though. Couple big imaginary penalties in this one. McCown is a solid dude. I hope Jay can make it back, though. I think we should be in pretty good shape coming out of the bye so long as Jay isn't out. Get this D healthy! The miscall on the holding penalty on the 3rd down was brutal. Bears gave up a ton of yards with some key guys on D down but despite all that, somehow they looked better as a whole. Still, absolutely pathetic performance by the defense.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 12:43 PM) Chris Conte is an absolutely horrendous football player. He was solid last year but along with the lack of pass rush, he is the biggest reason this team has given up so many big plays in the secondary. He has been absolutely horrendous. Probably the worse safety in the league.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 10:10 AM) Bears failing to challenge costs them 3 points. I was really confused how they didn't challenge. Looked pretty obvious live. What a disaster the defense is.
-
Sox Sign Jose Abreu - 6/$68 million
Holy cripes. Pretty exciting. Expensive though so hopefully they hit (Edit: Knock it out of the park and he's a total superstar!!!).
-
Dodgers vs. Cardinals
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 10:47 AM) You are right. I walked back into the room and saw him swing last night, I thought it was his first pitch He's hitting something like .500 on first pitches this year (or something close to that ridiculous).
-
Arizona Fall League thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:14 PM) I actually agree with you there, the Sox might have gotten a good player but he basically lost 2 years where he should be developing to that injury. Another team might have had more success with him but unlikely since he was raw before the injury. What really drives me nuts is all the people saying how they knew we should have taken Trout. I actually once went back to that year's draft thread to check. The only response to Trout being drafted from the entire board was something similar to "the Angels sure do love their outfielders, don't they"? If you look on futuresox, i had written an article about Trout being one of the best outfield prospects for the Sox to target. That said, I had zero problem with Mitchell (and never in a million years thought Trout would be what he became...then again, fairly certain Angels scouts didn't see him panning out like he did either).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 10:46 PM) IMO, complaining about not kicking the FG in the first is a little ridiculous. You're facing an 0-5 team. You have the ball at the 2 and it's your first drive of the game. With the confidence Trestman has in the offense, why not go for it? If you score, it's instant demoralization for the Giants. If you don't score, you still have the Giants pinned deep in their own zone. Even if you screw it up to the point that you turn the ball over, the absolute worst case scenario is some horrible turnover that goes 98+ yards the other way, and the chances of that are very slim. I was totally on board with going for it. The 3rd down play call on that 1st drive was pathetic.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 08:36 PM) You forgot DPOY in your individual analysis. Watch Dwight go HAM. He's healthy and mad. Just wait. I agree with you. Dwight is going to go nuts.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 01:11 PM) They do play the Giants on Thursday at home. So I think 4-2 is pretty realistic after next week. In the NFL, don't count a win until you actually f***ing win.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 12:45 PM) The bigger mistake was the drops by Earl, though. Cost the bears the shot at the comeback. Cutler played really well, although no excusing the offenses lack of production most of the 1st half. Still, Jay was mature and played well and I think this offense will be good. Defense is average at best although it was actually better today (the disaster play was the 4th down missed tackles and that screen pass at the end of the 1st half). Tip your cap though cause they also gave up those points on the Cutler fumble.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 12:20 PM) Decamillis needs to go. Welcome aboard the bandwagon. He's a freaking disaster.
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
Glad my Hawkeyes are winning. Better then I expected them to be. Albeit, Gophers aren't that great.