Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:01 PM) What a game. ISU has three great resume wins. Can't believe Gessel joked at the line. He's normally automatic from the line. Bummer. Great game though. Both squads are good.
  2. We could afford Abreu why not here. This creates a more viable option to negotiate vs. a blind system that could totally hose teams. Now, you can freely negotiate similar to the Cuban players. There have been a lot of top cubans who have not signed with the Yankees/Red Sox (see Cepedes/Abreu).
  3. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 11:10 AM) They arent, really. they may reduce the posting fee, but they are still going to give out large dumb contracts to players that have never played against MLB competition This rewards the players more which is a good thing for the players. I like this rule better then the old rule. It has no bearing on competitive balance though.
  4. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 08:04 PM) Everyone here would have fired his ass. Unacceptable. Don't look at Ferentz record in his first year either.
  5. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:41 PM) No, he is 34. 34, 36 same difference. He's in the twilight of his career.
  6. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:25 PM) Ya, from what I remember he ended up sticking with Brady over Bledsoe at the end of the season and through the playoffs. Brady was a young, up and coming player. McCown is 36.
  7. QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 10:39 AM) Dayan Viciedo is the present day version of Kendrys Morales. The Angels waited for 5 years for him to reach his advertised potential, which he never reached. He also can't play defense and is a terrible baserunner. I would use him as a measuring stick in regards to trade value, which the additional value being in Viciedo's youth and relatively low pre-FA cost. Morales was a monster for the Angels prior to having a severe injury. Check your facts cause the above couldn't be any more inaccurate.
  8. QUOTE (bulokis @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 08:42 AM) Hope we do. Need to change this team around. Look at the team from opening day a year ago vs. today and there is already a lot of change. I do agree though, there is more that needs to be done for the long-term future of the franchise but everything I've seen thus far are steps in the write direction. THere will be ups an downs that come with this though.
  9. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:27 PM) You deal him now, you aren't going to get anything other than a busted prospect. I'm keeping him. If I moved him, it would probably be for a busted pitching prospect with a big arm that Coop and company identified. Thats about the only thing I could get behind. And it probably isnt' "busted", rather just a highly touted guy that is taking longer. It isn't like Viciedo is a bust either. This is his year though.
  10. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:27 PM) He's worth more to us than anyone else. Such a high ceiling, not a high cost, years of control. If he puts up another year like last year, his value probably doesn't change from what it is now. Excatly. There isn't much upside in dealing him, I presume. The upside is in holding him and seeing signs where you could move him or on him taking two steps forward and becoming the impact bat we all thought he would be. De Aza is who probably gets dealt, although he'd fit in nicely in the 2 spot. De Aza is a good player, imo, especially if he fields and runs more like he did 2 years ago.
  11. I think we make another move today, possibly two more this week, depending on if everything aligns properly.
  12. I just like the fact that we are targeting guys that have some tools and ability to be cost controlled, successful big league players. The question is will they. Hopefully our advanced scouting is better at identifying hitters that are young and been semi developed through organizations as we are at actually developing position players. Its been a long time since we had this many young players to get excited about. The reality is some will bust and we all have to be patient. Garcia, Eaton, Abreu, and even Viciedo deserve patience (although who knows if Dayan is dealt). Probably better upside in holding Dayan then De Aza as if Dayan has a good year or two we have him more cost controlled and De Aza is what he is (which is a pretty damn solid MLBer but one that will get more expensive sooner and has his own flaws). Alejandro would be a pretty darn nice #2 hitter though behind Eaton if you ask me and I have zero problem going with 4 outfielders and playing matchups to an extent. There is enough at bats to go around.
  13. Focus now has to be finding a young cost controlled catcher and then maybe, if you are able to do that and feel good, you think about picking up a piece, like Headley, at 3B who you don't have a problem giving some money too (as you have nice cost controlled pieces at other spots on the diamond). I do expect one day we'll see Buehrle back on the southside (clearly with another team picking up substantial cash).
  14. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:55 PM) Jacobs doesnt sound right, PTBL or cash and its jacobs? I'm not a big fan of Jacobs. He does have tools though so a switch could flip.
  15. I like this. Eaton for Santiago would have been laughed at by the Dbacks a year ago. Santiago has made progress and Eaton was recovering from an injury. He's a young cost controller player who has all the tools to profile into an every day leadoff hitter, something the Sox haven't had in a long time. Now the interesting thing is what happens next. De Aza should have value, technically you could also move Tank (although we all presume they won't move one Cuban with the other here but who knows).
  16. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:42 AM) Wade Phillips as ST coach? I dont think he will be taking a step back from DC to be a ST coach. The Texans may suck, but IIRC their defense is still top 5. Im sure many teams will be looking for him as a DC if the Texans dont hang on to him I was referring to Wade as being our DC if we fire Tucker. I don't know that Tucker had a fair shake but the piss poor fundamentals of this defense are sickening and I wouldn't have a problem if Tucker was fired for it.
  17. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 06:22 PM) One thing is for certain, the offensive staff is top notch. It really is. They got to get the defensive side of the football figured out.
  18. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 06:08 PM) I expect not to be last against the run. I get injuries but to be a sieve is another matter. My biggest issue is the poor tackling. DeCamillis is a joke too. He has no excuse and needs to be fired immediately and the Bears need to bring in someone who really has a history of defensive excellence. Depending on who the Texans hire, I would be all over Wade Phillips.
  19. QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 08:44 PM) Plus, Danks gave up 28 HR's last year. Imagine how many he would give up if he played in Yankee stadium half his starts. Its a haven for lefties and Danks is a lefty so that should limit his exposure there.
  20. QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 09:16 PM) Cahill and Skaggs for Trumbo and his .299 OBP? Holy s*** Kevin Towers is stupid. I presume this is just a rumor?
  21. I was better then Balta and Mike. I had years of peak performance but then tailed off as expected. Balta and Mike were clearly roiding as they haven't seen a normal decline in performance. I need a programmer who can put an asterisk next to their post counts.
  22. I am up 17 heading into the Monday night game. He has Romo. I have Jeffrey, Marshall, Murray, Witten, and Bryant. I am just waiting for some insane thing to happen which allows him to win. afterall, this is the league I eventually worked into 5th place despite shredding everyone in total points (at least that got me 50 bucks).
  23. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 06:31 PM) http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...ley-if-they-pay Dan Hayes mentions the White Sox longstanding interest in Chase Headley. San Diego wants Quintana in return. What does everyone think? Quintana is a very important part of the White Sox future but I could get Chase Headley with an extension along with Yasmani Grandal, I think I could part with Quintana and a young reliever. Any thoughts guys? If we get both guys and extend Headley to a fair contract, then I'd be willing to consider using Quintana as the key piece. Most of my trades start with dangling Hector.
  24. Juan is a really good bench player who can start in a pinch. Plays all 3 infield positions and pretty darn solid defensively. I have zero problem with this, presuming they don't spend a lot. Would make the bench much better. I presume Kepp is on the block. Plus Juan is probably a good guy to have in the clubhouse with Abreu.
  25. Wohooo…Hawkeyes landed a 4 star QB from Illinois!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.