Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 08:44 AM) This has happened too many times. I actually think we can get him but he'll just sign with the Yankees for a huge amount of money I think it is highly unlikely he signs in New York. I think he either takes the money from the Cubs or signs with the Dodgers. I wouldn't write off the Angels. Despite all the talk, Moreno has indicated they are in and the Angels historically have swooped in late on guys. It is kind of their M.O. That said, they really can't afford another guy when they have to figure a way to sign Trout to like a 10 - 15 year deal that will be the largest in major league baseball history (all while being saddled with Albert and the heroin addict (or whatever Hamilton was addicated to).
-
Hahn's next move?
QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 12:25 PM) Castro is expensive. We can all reasonably assume the Sox have checked in on him and probably have a good idea of what that price range would be. Expensive in terms of what the Sox would have to give up, but still relatively cost controlled, which will be key if the club does sign Tanaka. Additionally, the incentive to win earlier moves up and that means the Sox can't realistically go into the season with the s*** they have at catcher. If it were me and Tanaka came, there is no freaking way I have the turds we have behind the plate as our every day catchers. I'd make sure at a minimum, we had someone who called a really good game and could control the running game. Castro could be that guy.
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
Dodgers have a few guys repped and have a very strong relationship with Close's agent. I still think the Dodgers are the major front-runners. All things being equal, I'd be surprised if he doesn't do the LA thing. He wants to be on the west coast, they are competitors, and he wouldn't have as much pressure (if he isn't interested in it) being in a rotation with Kershaw/Greinke. I have a feeling almost every teams offer will be within a few mill of each other (annually) with the one possible exception being the Cubs. My gut tells me, due to the Sox unwiling to go so long on guaranteed money that they will have a more unique offer/pitch to Tanaka. If you could sell Tanaka on 4 years with other options, his agent might be intrigued as he'd hit the market again, in his prime, with a shot to land another major deal. He would leave a lot of money on the table and there is risk that he doesn't perform as advertised and that deal isn't there. Right now, he benefits at least a bit from the new posting rules and the fact that it was a thin FA market.
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 06:03 PM) The 8 for 200 has no legs....the 6 for 160 probably does. The Cubs had to overpay to have a chance at getting him. 6 / 160 is ludicrious. I get nervous at 20M/yr, let alone that. I don't believe it. I think he signs for somewhere between 18-22M annually. I don't expect more then that.
-
2013-2014 NHL thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:05 PM) Just watched a leafs canadiens game from a Toronto sports bar. Pretty fun stuff. Was it that massive one near the Leafs stadium? I can't remember the name, but i've never seen more tv's. Its been rated as the best sports bar in the world a few times.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 01:28 PM) Darren Sharper is being investigated for 3 seperate rapes in Los Angeles and New Orleans over the past year. Whoo boy Disgusting.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 08:19 AM) The only real complaint I remember is drafting a PG with having Derrick Rose around. When the Bulls were drafting, he was by far the best "player" available from a talent perspective and in theory you had the luxury of being patient and hoping he'd develop into a nice complimentary player/back-up. Unfortunately he really never showed much development during his 1.5 years with the squad. I have a feeling he has a poor work ethic.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:27 PM) Nobody in retrospect. Think two Baylor guys at the time were on the board. Just didn't get drafting him than signing Kirk. I thought most everyone liked the Teague move at the time. He was pretty talented and extremely raw. Figured with time he might be able to turn into something. Didn't happen (at least not with the Bulls).
-
Just for Fun - your Top Prospects
Hawkins tools are off the charts. He has so much upside and I think it is a mistake to right him off. He has a high bust rate. Another year like last year and he'll be completely removed from any list (regardless of potential). He has to make massive strides this year and I expect him to.
-
2014 Catch-all Anything thread
That was hillarious. My coworkers and I were in tears.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 12:12 PM) Wasn't that "after the fact"? And the only reason that ever came out was because Tiger wrecked his car trying to get away from his wife's 8 iron. Golfers also have a different image then basketball players so I think that also had something to do with everything. Tiger had also built up a reputation as a sqweaky clean, family guy.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 10:55 AM) Maybe Lebron should end his theatrics and stop being a clown if he wants people to take him seriously. He really embraced that heel role a few years back. He's getting better but still a very unlikable guy. (Great player though) For me, outside of one decision, he's always been incredibly likeable and I love watching him play. It sickens me how disrespected he is. He might end up the greatest ever.
-
Bobby Jenks wants to make a comeback
Big Bad Bobby Jenks. The boy was nasty in his short lived prime. I'd be all for a comeback, just to help him out!
-
Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread
I have rushed the court exactly once...when Cal State Fullerton made the dance. I will admit, it was fun!!! I will also admit, that Cal STate Fullerton fans rushing the court is a half assed rush of the court, given the fact that there are like 100 people rushing the court, haha.
-
Viciedo avoids arbitration
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 11:46 AM) If you guys were in the best 1000 people in the world at something, I am sure you too would be making millions. I am the best at building a White Sox website and you all are the best admins (easily within the top 1000 White Sox admins, haha). Unfortunately, none of us are making millions I will give 1000% raises. I am also the best at "Gaging" White Sox websites and all that got me was an urban dictionary reference and some heat from Soxtalk posters!
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 07:59 PM) Mike DiGiovanna @MikeDiGiovanna 1h GM Jerry Dipoto confirms that #Angels were not one of the teams that met with Japanese RHP Masahiro Tanaka in LA last week. https://twitter.com/MikeDiGiovanna They probably met with him in Orange County (vs. LA).
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 01:55 PM) I could see the White Sox feeling that an added bonus of signing Tanaka would make it more flexible to trade Quintana for a young impact bat in the near future. If the Sox spend big money on Tanaka, Quintana becomes more important to keep because you want to surround Tanaka and Sale with young, cost controlled arms.
-
Name my future Son
Outside of the fantastic recommendation of Jason Gage I like Braxton Miller quite a bit.
-
Name my future Son
QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 03:11 PM) Andrew James Scott Harrison Timothy Stephen Jason Gage Skylar Graham Torin Angelo Tanner Raymond i like what you did there.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:52 PM) Can you please stop saying the bolded? You might be right. But it's hardly something to get loud about. This is a two team conference cluttered with underachieving, injury-stricken, tanking absolute horses***. A real FO with eyes on the future does everything in their power to ensure they get a shot at a top 5 pick in a lost season. These fools are still trying to compete. It is when everyone thinks that the Bulls are easily going to tank and not make the playoffs. It is just f***ing stupid to even say that given the current state of the East and the Bulls existing roster (and the fact that we have the best coach outside of Pop in the league).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Awful. Bears retain Decamallis and Tucker. Pathetic. Both inherited tremendous units and led turned them into really s***ty ones. Pathetic Trestman and Emery, pathetic.
-
Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread
Beautiful road win for Iowa. Finally had a strong finish against a really good team on the road (blew the Iowa State game when we couldn't make free throws; Struggled to close out in Atlantis and then of course the Wisconsin halftime lead we blew). Huge win for my beloved squad! This is a deep team and I'm hoping they continue to make me proud.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 07:42 PM) Let;s not go too crazy here, this draft might not even be as good as 2008. But yes, Bulls winning obviously doesn't do anything. Unfortunately, the East is beyond awful and guys keep getting hurt. Which has been my point all along. I've been about the only one saying it and I will keep saying it. Even without Deng (when healthy), this is one of the 3-5 best teams in the East. It will be almost impossible for them to collect a lottery pick and I really am surprised the Bulls couldn't have gotten an unprotected 1st rounder for Deng (at some point in the future). If they want to rebuild, I almost think they should look to try and land a bunch of first rounders in the next 2 years (forget this years draft where the 1st rounder will be impossible). If you can move Noah for a bunch of 1st rounders from a team that might be in the lottery in the next few years, that wouldn't look so bad. However, I think the Bulls are probably lining things up to make a big trade or two this off-season.
-
Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread
Big Hawkeye - Buckeye game today. Lets go Hawkeyes!!!
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 07:49 PM) My wife grew up in the area, so I go a couple times a year. Great place to relax with perfect weather 9 months a year. Just don't go in the summer, 100-120 degree weather every freaking day. The golf prices can't be beat at that time. Amazing bargains at some fantastic courses.