Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 07:49 PM) My wife grew up in the area, so I go a couple times a year. Great place to relax with perfect weather 9 months a year. Just don't go in the summer, 100-120 degree weather every freaking day. The golf prices can't be beat at that time. Amazing bargains at some fantastic courses.
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 12:17 PM) Yesterday I found out that I'm taking over a new project. I'll be working with Home Depot to open a new Distribution Center in Perris, California. It looks pretty far outside of LA. Does anyone (Jason?) know much about this area? Will there be stuff to do? I've never been to Southern California. I imagine I might actually stay in Riverside or somewhere around there. There isn't anything exciting in Perris, or Riverside for that matter, however, we can always try catching Sox game or something. I live about 50 minutes from there. And you aren't that far (when there isn't traffic) from LA / Orange County.
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 09:57 AM) So far so good, you? No crawling yet though. It's definitely fun when they can start to grab toys and interact a bit. Same…she loves rolling over and is starting to on occasion push her self backwards. When she gets real frustrated she'll get in crawling position but goes nowhere haha. Definitely agree with you, gets a lot more fun when they start to play with the toys and really respond to your faces, etc.
-
ARod suspended for entire 2014 season
Good riddance. I'm glad by and large the arbitrator held this up. Bad news is the Yankees can now really front load a deal with Tanaka and throw a lot of coin without being too worried about luxury tax payments this year.
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:37 PM) Intriguing. The more I read and hear, the more I think the Sox have a legit shot at him. I wonder how big of a check Arte Moreno will write given his limitations. If Yanks really aren't going to go crazy Sox could actually have a chance. I always figured Dodgers would go crazy. I still think Cubs would too, especially in this case, since everyone should have a pretty good idea what other teams are bidding. It isn't like its a blind bid. I'd think if the Cubs hear the Sox are the leaders by $5M or whatever it might be, they'd blow that offer up and come in higher (unless Epstein really is tied up). Hopefully Tanaka is secretly best friends with Shingo and Shingo tells him go to the White Sox!!! PS: I still don't know if it is a good idea to give the type of money being talked about but s***, as a fan, I'm not going to lie, it would make this probably the most exciting off-season in White Sox history. Whether it works or not, who knows. You got to like the fact that you don't have to use prospects / lose draft picks. Also, we seem to have a lot of cost controlled guys lined up which would allow the club to have a few guys signed to higher priced deals (and this gets a guy who at least over that long term window, should be in his prime).
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 08:49 AM) I'm going Seahawks, Colts, Panthers, Chargers. I think Von Miller being out winds up hurting the Broncos big time. Chargers will have the time of possession and eek out a win. Chargers can make it interesting, if Ryan Matthews is productive. Big if given he's playing on a bum ankle. They have to play keep away from Manning and just crush it in time of possession and convert those long possessions into points (primarily TD's). I hate the Chargers but Hate Peyton Manning more. I never want to see him win and I want him to always lose in the postseason. Come on Chargers. Rooting for Chargers, Seahawks, Pats (I Love Brady), and Panthers in this weeks games.
- Job Hunt Thread
-
Job Hunt Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 08:27 AM) This x100. So so true. Krush, how is the little one? Starting to crawl yet?
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
So today in the mail, I got a graterhead. I have no idea who and where it came from.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) (IMO the way to clear enough space to offer a guy like Melo is to trade Noah, and I'm not sure you can do so without moving him. But Noah ought to be worth a late first round pick and an expiring to someone right now, he'd be a major upgrade at Center for most teams not named the Pacers) Noah is worth more then that to the Bulls. He's having a very strong season (after recovering from a slow start). In no world would I deal Noah for a late 1st rounder and free cap space, not this year. I believe all Bulls need to do is clear Hinrich, Dunleavy and Gibson for expirings and they would have more then enough to offer Melo a max deal (+ sign Mirotic). Only way I'm moving Noah is if I'm getting other talented players at high prices (e.g., in a Kevin Love deal) or I'm getting a combination of either lottery picks or really good young players on cheap deals (+ expirings). No reason Noah shouldn't be part of the Bulls long term plans if you can't get that. Caproom won't do us s*** this year. Melo is really the only target worth throwing big money at (unless LBJ truly comes out) so it at least makes sense to be positioned to grab 1 player. If you can't find this stuff, then you basically have to keep caproom until the following years class which is much stronger (isn't that Love/Westbook/George + guys like Durant can opt out).
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:30 AM) I honestly do not buy at all the idea that "Defense is going to take a huge hit" as long as the Bulls don't change coaches. He'll figure that out. Maybe if you like put Hinrich at Center it wouldn't work...but otherwise. Exactly. And you'd still have Noah and Butler who are very good defensive players. Also, depending on if you can find a way to keep Taj (while getting Melo), you'd have another very good defender there. Plus the guys getting replaced aren't what you'd call elite defenders (well Deng is but Boozer certainly wasn't).
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:50 AM) It's interesting. Problematic for the bulls that despite knowing they have atrocious outside scoring, have tried to plug that gap with "3pt scoring man". And we keep swapping them out. You are only going to make marginal gains with your outside shooting by adding one 6th man 3pt specialist. They can be easily taken out of the game. But when you are talking about adding a SF with legitimate range and a PF with legitimate range (some assumption with Mirotic) it becomes an interesting lineup. But defense is going to take a huge hit. It seems like Knicks have tried to improve their achilles of no d effort by signing A D effort guy. Basketball team chemistry is complicated. When Noah and Butler are on those team and you are coached by Thibbs, you should have a good defense. There is also no reason Carmelo can't play D and in a system where people all come together it could be brilliant. Plus, it isn't like Boozer is a great player.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Haha Bmags..I was coming here to tell you all that I've decided Melo is going to sign with the Bulls. They will find a way to clear the additional cap room to be able to sign him as a FA. Melo, despite all the b****ing in New York, is clearly a tremendous scorer. He's never played for a coach who stressed defense. Not saying Bulls are champions with him, but that is a nice looking roster, especially if you can do it and find a way to bring our Euro over plus somehow end up with a lotto pick in this years draft. I think that would be a core that could potentially win. I also look at it as Melo, playing with guys like Rose, Noah, Butler (and coached by Thibbs) would might actually get his head on straight from a defensive perspective.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:00 AM) Jrue Holiday has a stress fracture in his leg and is out for a long time. Another point guard bites the dust. Ah crap. Seriously. There goes 1st place. First I lose Rose and now this. Thank god I have Isiah Thomas left. I have zero PG play now.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
I think he was being sarcastic that such was his announcement or at least i hope he was.
- 2014 Films Thread
-
2014 TV thread
Past couple weeks I've been catching up on walking dead. Not sure how many episodes season 2 is but at like the 12th episode. I enjoy it but at times I can see why people in the past complained about some of the slowness in the developments.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:00 PM) Negative. The button is there but it's a grayed out link I can't access.a I tried on my S4 and had the same issue.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Is he resigning with the Bears? I really hope so. I love Peanut.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 06:38 PM) Eh, LeBron is annoying. I don't like him either and probably couldn't root for him. I hated Lebron when he did his whole thing. THe fact of the matter is he's an amazing player and a pretty good dude who always plays hard, works to get better, and is just a transcending player. I have a lot of respect as to how (post decision) he's gone out and shut everyone up. I hate the Heat (literally hade Dwade) and don't like rooting for them but I do find myself cheering for Lebron again. He was my favorite player in the league when he was with Cleveland and he is starting to become that again. Just incredible to watch.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Best freaking thing that could happen to the Bulls is Lebron.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:03 PM) Today was 'get up and win one for Lou' kind of game. Not gonna last. Please. This is the east. Unless they are going to amnesty Boozer and sell Hinrich, etc and start Teague, they are going to make the playoffs. That is why I really don't care for the Deng trade. It really isn't that good if we don't end up with a lotto pick.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:56 AM) correct me if i'm wrong... but 2014 first round draft pick from Sacramento Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento will instead convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011] I would be very surprised if Sacramento is a playoff team in the west in any of the next couple years. I could be wrong but I Think odds are that is a 2nd round pick, if not no pick at all.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:06 PM) This is a great trade. We got no worthwhile picks and saved some money this year. I realize the tankers are going to like it and if we end up with a great pick (by virtue of making the lottery), I suppose it works. But we clear Deng's money irregardless at year end and it is likely that we are getting 3 2nd round picks (plus the right to swap non-lottery picks with the Cavs in 2015). I'd have to think we could have at least gotten a legitimate future 1st for Deng. At this point, if we are truly tanking, we might as well amnesty boozer now. Is Noah going to get dealt?
-
Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 06:40 PM) McCaffery ignited Wisconsin. Dumb Those calls were f***ing absurd.