Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
  2. It could work to the Cowboys favor. They should be able to run the ball. I heard the Eagles D has held opponents to under 21 points in 10 of the past 11 games. No idea if that is true (too lazy to look up) but that is what they were saying on ESPN. Vikings were only team to really do much to their D since early in the season when the D was really porous.
  3. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 11:53 AM) It'd be interesting to see how the defense would have done if Lovie was still around. Given how these guys aren't in positions to make plays, take poor angles, etc. All things that rarely happened with the Bears, I would presume much better. I'm not talking top 10 defense but I think a top 15-20 defense despite all of these injuries. Tucker is awful.
  4. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 08:22 PM) IMO, I can't see Cutler leaving. Cutlers bears career will be decided next week. Play well and get in the playoffs and you stick around. Play poorly against green bay and I let him walk. I won't overreact based upon today. This game was lost for a lot of reasons and cutler wasn't one of them.
  5. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:46 PM) Haha indeed. Big time party foul, Gage. He's probably better then podlesh at whatever age he is. I have been botching about our special teams all year. How about d pulls a miracle and gets a few three and outs plus a defensive Td or two lol. Who am I kidding. I knew when eagles got crushed last week it would mean bad things for us this week but never predicted this. Just not prepared to play. I think they expected the eagles to not play the game. Let's hope we have a similar rebound against green bay next week.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:45 PM) By no means does Cutler deserve the blame in this game. I just believe McCown has a better rhythm going with the offense right now. Goal of this half is to get momentum and stay healthy.
  7. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 07:42 PM) I think most fans knew ahead of time it could very well require over 40 points to win this thing. It is also fair to say that a competent offensive performance is also a fairly effective point prevention method as well They were down 21 0 and forte, d and Devin and Maynard put us in a bind. No one could have saved that.
  8. Hard to put a lot on jay. He was done 3 scores before he could do much anything but none of it will matter. Jay looks awful lately but you are playing different down this much.
  9. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 06:41 PM) The defense just needs some position to get a ton better to slow them down at all. Every play you can see where just one f***ing guy could have done something. Better LB play, better safety play, better DE play. Something Tucker blows and so does Decamilis. Oh and forte pathetic. Jay pathetic too but not near as bad as the d, special teams and forte.
  10. Lets go Bears!!!! Get er done!!!!
  11. QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 05:03 PM) Need 79 points out of Cutler/McCoy/V. Davis/P. Dawson to win the talkbears league. I'll take the loss if it means MCCoy doesn't play a lot due to Chip saving him for next week. Ditto...Bears > my fantasy team. Ideally I get both!!!
  12. Down 16 points with McCoy, Jeffrey and Marshall (he has no more starters). Glad Packers/Lions lost so this game is huge for Bears. I picked up Brown...can start him if McCoy is announced to be sitting prior to the start of the game. Hopefully Marshall and Jeffrey go Hamm and the Bears do their thing!!!
  13. I wonder if I get any points out of Mccoy. Also, depending on what happens, the next question is whether I get any points out of Marshall / Jeffrey. This is why fantasy playoffs should never count for that much and why regular season is a far better indicator of who is the best team. That said...hopefully I can somehow pull this thing off. I hope Packers/Lions lose and bears are playing for postseason and take care of business tonight!!!
  14. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 12:41 AM) Yuuuuup. Train wreck. Barring major give away trades, the Bulls will make the playoffs. Everyone here is talking about how s***ty they are. Yes, they are going to suck when you don't have Deng/Butler in your lineup. When they are in the lineup (with Booz/Taj/Noah healthy), Bulls are 3rd to 4th best team in the East. They sucked when Deng and Butler weren't any near the court. By the way, Snell looking better each and every game. Seeing him develop is nice because it gives the Bulls a couple guys who potentially can replace Deng if they opt to move away from him (which they should if he's looking for 15M per year). Also nice to see Augustin looking good...bad thing about the fact that he's a one year guy means he'll play good and sign somewhere else for more money (just like Belinelli and Nate did last year).
  15. If Hahn got Castro for Dunn I'd give him a big fat kiss on the lips!!! Loved Castro and stanford and would love him on the sox. Obviously would mean so sent cash plus something good along with dunn...pinch me...I am delusional.
  16. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 05:12 PM) My wife's company is offering her and a few coworkers a free trip to the UK and France next month. She went to get her passport from where she normally stores it... gone. She lost it. (She's a much less organized person than she thinks she is) My life is going to be miserable the next few days. She's an emotional wreck. Immediately go get a new one and pay for the rush. It is usually pretty fast.
  17. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 07:08 AM) Yea, but Bears are 2nd in Scoring, 28th in defense(32nd rush defense), and Eagles are 7th in scoring(first in run offense), 30th in defense(30th pass defense). Its a pretty close matchup. And the Eagles have been bizarro at home Biggest difference is Eagles should be able to run the ball down the Bears throat. We have to hope Ratliff continues to improve, Paea is healthy, and of course the addition of Briggs is huge!!!
  18. For those talking about how bad the bulls are...yes they are bad, but if they ever get healthy, then you can finally tell me what their record is. My presumption is a healthy Bulls team isn't 3-12 without Rose. No Butler...No Deng...means bad things for the Bulls. And of course no Hinrich too but not near the impact the other two have, especially with Augustine looking like a solid pick-up. I really like the idea of trading Deng/Boozer for Pau and then trying to find a way to move Pau after that.
  19. What happened to butler?
  20. This is a good move.
  21. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:46 AM) I also hate "look I'm traveling for work, and I had a BEER in the airport" I've traveled extensively for work for 7-8 years, there is nothing great about it at all. Traveling for work sucks. There might be a rare occasion where it isn't bad but most of the time you are wasting time at airports/on planes and typically working pretty long hours. Sure you might get a nice dinner or two but totally not f***ing worth it.
  22. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:00 AM) So if the Lions lose, Packers win, and Cowboys win, Sunday night would be relatively meaningless for both teams. (other than the 3/4 seed battle) That would be comical to see two teams play backups in a night game that was flexed. In that scenario, I don't see either team putting in backups or anything along those lines. I don't think there is any advantage. Just win baby..just win Bears!!!
  23. QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 02:07 PM) But IIRC, Cutler had at least practiced (although he was limited) the week before, no? That said, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers has been practicing, hasn't he? He'll come in and dominate. He's arguably the best QB in the NFL.
  24. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 01:27 PM) Although if they care about the #3 or #4 seed, then it's not meaningless. Why does a Cowboys win make the game meaningless for the Eagles? Is it because the Eagles/Cowboys meet up in the last game so if the Cowboys win, either way it comes down to who wins next Sunday?
  25. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:58 AM) LeSean McCoy had 8 carries last week. They use him a ton in the passing game though. McCoy tends to get his touches.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.