Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
I don't like Skaggs or Owings. I hope Hahn targets guys that are dominating their leagues instead.

You might be the only person I know that doesn't like a 21 year old lefty with 3 quality pitches that's already got a taste in the majors. Not too many of those players exist.

Edited by PolishPrince34

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
So I'm sitting at work a phone rings, the caller ID displays: Hahn, R

I pickup and a gentleman says he's having trouble with his AT&T password. (It was a wrong number). Take this FWIW.

Your password is "TRADEEVERYONE" in all caps. Thanks Mr Hahn.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
So I'm sitting at work a phone rings, the caller ID displays: Hahn, R

I pickup and a gentleman says he's having trouble with his AT&T password. (It was a wrong number). Take this FWIW.

must be trying to find Moneyball on-demand to learn some moves from brad pitt

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 06:42 PM)
Love that Rangers and Arizona are involved. Love their farm systems. Been hearing they been throwing aroundTyler Skaggs name to headline a deal. Would love to get him.

Skaggs yes, owing s...not so much. Though he is raking at an age-appropriate level his bb/k rate is downright Hawkinsish. We have enough guys who don't know the strike zone.

I can't believe so many teams want Rios. I hope he's the first dealt. Never been a Rios fan. Don't like his game. Don't like his style. Just get a fair offer and deal him, Hahn. Why wait any longer??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I can't believe so many teams want Rios. I hope he's the first dealt. Never been a Rios fan. Don't like his game. Don't like his style. Just get a fair offer and deal him, Hahn. Why wait any longer??

Completely agree. If we can get a top 100 prospect for him, I will personally help him pack his bags.

How could you not like "his game" when it includes good average, good power, good speed, average defense in center, above average defense in right and a good person in the clubhouse.

How could you not like "his game" when it includes good average, good power, good speed, average defense in center, above average defense in right and a good person in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)
Skaggs yes, owing s...not so much. Though he is raking at an age-appropriate level his bb/k rate is downright Hawkinsish. We have enough guys who don't know the strike zone.

My point too. Minor league pitchers strike him out like crazy. Lets not target any more of these guys.

Tyler Skaggs gives up a hit per inning in the minors and walks plenty of guys. Basically he's not that tough to pick up. Major leaguers have crushed him it looks like.

Erik Johnson looks way more polished to me and he's not in any top 15 or whatever.

What makes Skaggs such am elite prospect if his stats don't back it up?

Basically I'm a huge fan of WHIP when evaluating milb pitchers. Are guys picking him up or not.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
My point too. Minor league pitchers strike him out like crazy. Lets not target any more of these guys.

Tyler Skaggs gives up a hit per inning in the minors and walks plenty of guys. Basically he's not that tough to pick up. Major leaguers have crushed him it looks like.

Erik Johnson looks way more polished to me and he's not in any top 15 or whatever.

What makes Skaggs such am elite prospect if his stats don't back it up?

Basically I'm a huge fan of WHIP when evaluating milb pitchers. Are guys picking him up or not.

Tyler Skaggs is a 21 year old lefty who throws 3 plus pitches. His fastball is thrown in the low 90s and could be brought up to 94-95 at times. Fastball command is area he needs to continue grow. Just like your man Erik Johnson who I'm also a big fan, but is no where near the elite prospect to Skaggs. Skaggs best pitch is his curveball. Is rated the #1 curveball by any lefty in the minors. Barry Zito like curve when in his prime. Skaggs third plus pitch is his changeup that has late fade movement, but doesn't always throw with that fade movement on a consistent basis. Scout have him right now pegged as #2 or #3 starter as of right now. Has a chance to become a #1 and a very strong #2 when improves his fastball command. His body 6ft 5/195 can add some future weight which can possibly improve increasing his fastball and stamina throught the late innings. I would love to get him, but I would be shocked if we can get Skaggs for Rios.