Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 04:07 AM)
How could you not like "his game" when it includes good average, good power, good speed, average defense in center, above average defense in right and a good person in the clubhouse.

Never really liked him. He's a slightly above average ballplayer I believe. Definitely been the team's best hitter for a while. .272 11 36 isn't bad. I really disliked him in 2011 when he reeked.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 10:54 PM)
Never really liked him. He's a slightly above average ballplayer I believe. Definitely been the team's best hitter for a while. .272 11 36 isn't bad. I really disliked him in 2011 when he reeked.

I agree his 2011 was awful but many plyers have bad years. He is definitely inconsistent. But he is a good player just drastically overpaid.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
The Pirates have some good prospects (Dilson Herrera, Nick Kingham, Josh Bell and Gregory Polanco are a few that interest me) and they might have interest in Rios, I would think.

Polanco would probably be very hard to get. Josh Bell is someone who I think we could get, and should be targeting.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
WHile i do agree with some of what you said, it has nothing to do with not liking his game. I wouldn't want him as a verteran leader on a young club either

I agree. For a team that already has its main guys in place and looking to shore up that weakspot in the OF for their playoff run, Rios is really a great fit.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
How amazing would it be to get Skaggs + in a deal for Rios when not too long ago the entire league was laughing at us for picking up Alex Rios from Toronto. Now, we are possibly a month away from parlaying a free pick-up in to a couple all-star caliber years and a really good prospect +.

Retrospect for the win!

The way he's been playing the last two weeks, not aggressive, not running out balls, lackadaisical defense and missing cutoff men (he misplayed another ball on Sunday), he couldn't even get Bozz Skaggs back in return, or Ricky Skaggs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 06:04 AM)
How amazing would it be to get Skaggs + in a deal for Rios when not too long ago the entire league was laughing at us for picking up Alex Rios from Toronto. Now, we are possibly a month away from parlaying a free pick-up in to a couple all-star caliber years and a really good prospect +.

Retrospect for the win!

Let's wait and see who we get for him before you celebrate. I'm really thinking the return will NOT be special.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 01:23 AM)
The way he's been playing the last two weeks, not aggressive, not running out balls, lackadaisical defense and missing cutoff men (he misplayed another ball on Sunday), he couldn't even get Bozz Skaggs back in return, or Ricky Skaggs.

If no one else on the team has to hustle why should he?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
The Pirates have some good prospects (Dilson Herrera, Nick Kingham, Josh Bell and Gregory Polanco are a few that interest me) and they might have interest in Rios, I would think.

I would love if the Sox could get Polanco or Bell back, preference obviously goes to Polanco

We are throwing outa posteveryday wanting the team to be traded away yet we post disparaging comments about Sox players and evaluate their talent and play as below garbage level. Just who or what do you want in return anyway? Little league players?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
We are throwing outa posteveryday wanting the team to be traded away yet we post disparaging comments about Sox players and evaluate their talent and play as below garbage level. Just who or what do you want in return anyway? Little league players?

ok, like, what the hell does this mean?

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
I would like to think this site is better than thinking Rios could net Skaggs. Good god.

Please do enlighten us oh God of Minor League Baseball KNowledge

Please, tell us why we are all so lost & hopeless, so impure as to think such a thought!

OHOHOHOHohoohohohohohoho

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahahhahha

Oohohohohohhoooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooo

What on earth would make you think this site is "better" than that? There are no ridiculous trade proposals that fan sites can't conjecture.

I mean I think they may be able to get Skaggs... if they pay every last cent of Rios's contract, and he is the only piece coming back.

That's not happening, and neither is Eaton. So lets move on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I can't believe so many teams want Rios. I hope he's the first dealt. Never been a Rios fan. Don't like his game. Don't like his style. Just get a fair offer and deal him, Hahn. Why wait any longer??

Greg, you're impossible. He's the best position player on our team, and has been for two years now. He hits homeruns, plays good defense, steals bases, and hits for average. What do you want?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Greg, you're impossible. He's the best position player on our team, and has been for two years now. He hits homeruns, plays good defense, steals bases, and hits for average. What do you want?

He must also save cats from trees, teach children algebra, and make fresh pink lemonade.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)

Eminor, a couple of people have alluded to it, not just me. I happen to think he's a 'loser' like the one poster's comments on Dunn. I personally think he dogs it. He was our best player last year. This year he's got decent numbers that are dropping. He had that one abysmal year after immediately sucking after the Sox acquired him. I don't know if I'm allowed to bash players, so let's just say I don't like his style.

If Rios is a great player and I'm being unfair, then I guess I am a bad fan.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
Eminor, a couple of people have alluded to it, not just me. I happen to think he's a 'loser' like the one poster's comments on Dunn. I personally think he dogs it. He was our best player last year. This year he's got decent numbers that are dropping. He had that one abysmal year after immediately sucking after the Sox acquired him. I don't know if I'm allowed to bash players, so let's just say I don't like his style.

If you are worried about him staying mentally consistent through the year & maintaining his trade value into the offseason, then I agree, I'm not confident in him either. I think if we have it in our mind that he's not part of the future then we should look to deal him during the deadline.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)

I just don't understand what you want out of this team. You hate even thinking about the team rebuilding, yet you are in favor of driving one of its only good players out of town because you don't like his style.