Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. How long it will be open, who knows, but with a flurry of action yesterday, trade discussions are picking up and there is no better place to follow the MLB trade deadline then Soxtalk. Please post all baseball related trade rumors within here (including non-White Sox related rumors).
  2. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    I live in a different world. 8 hours is like a vacation. Thankfully the past couple weeks or so I've gotten to live that vacation.
  3. Mike Trout is my favorite player in the majors. And to think I wanted the Sox to draft him, lol.
  4. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:04 PM) There's no reason we can't sweep this series. One game at a time..one game at a time.
  5. Great win. Lets keep it rolling tomorrow! Nice job by the middle of the order. 3-4-5 all with big homers. Youk/De Aza doing a nice job getting on base and lots of DP's. Floyd, great job battling through it.
  6. Run Dunn. Run. Geeze, that should have been an infield single.
  7. Beautiful DP. That is one thing I love about the Slayer. He is stellar defensively.
  8. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:13 PM) Thing with Beckham is that I'd be stunned if there's not a GM out there who loved him as a prospect and think they can get the best out of him. To be honest, I wonder if a change of scenery would do him good. He's made improvements from Walker, but not big enough improvements. Very heady player but mentally he is awful at the plate. I don't get it cause he made everything look so easy. Ahh crap, dink and dunk Twins ball.
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:12 PM) Morel's hitless so far, and you'd be losing a ton of range at 2nd. If the choice is Beckham or Morel at 2nd, give me Beckham. Agree defensively. It all depends on what Morel does with the bat. Morel has a long road back, but I really liked what I saw from him last year. He made progress throughout the year. This year was wasted (with his celiac issues and then the back problems).
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:11 PM) You have to wonder if he'll ever get the mental aspect of the game. If the Sox can make a deal with Becks, Nate Jones and whomever, I'm all for it. If I were to make a move, it would be to upgrade 2B. Not sure who is out there.
  11. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:10 PM) Totally OK with giving Orlando some starts at second. If Morel is 100%, I'm not opposed to seeing what Morel can do at 2B. This is obviously a ways off though, given that Morel is still down in Bristol and has a lot to show first.
  12. Bullpen is much different from last week. Nice knowing you have Crain and Myers available. That is a huge upgrade over what we had when the games were being blown. Myers, while a piece of garbage person, was exactly what the White Sox needed. Rotation is quite a bit different now that the Sox have Floyd back in the rotation too. I don't think its a surprise that the 3-7 streak happened at a time where the club was really struggling through injuries (more then it has most of the year).
  13. Perfect. Grab some bench.
  14. Alright Gavin. Lets get this final out here and call it a night. Then let our bullpen finish it off for you.
  15. Dang...I didn't quite talk enough crap on Becks. It seems that he hits everything to right. Probably because his swing is too long to do anything productive down the left field lines. Never did I think I'd complain about a sox hitter who goes the other way too much.
  16. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:55 PM) Can you message it to me mate please? The one from my usual source isn't working. Oh, I don't have that (i use the mlb package). I was just on my dvr so game was a little delayed. Finally got up from the dvr.
  17. Gordon is awful. He really is a terrible hitter. His swing is garbage. I'd be so happy if the Sox were able to replace Gordon and Dunn with good hitters this off-season. Note: I hate Dunn. Great guy but I hate all things about him and his type of player. I hope to hell the Sox can sell him and get rid of his contract.
  18. Damn. 2 good players by Dozier today. Finally on a live feed.
  19. QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:50 PM) His command most of the year has been off. Not his past 5 or so starts. And as a whole, his overall season numbers are solid. The 1st and 3rd situation was tough luck. Great hit and run by the Twins. How about a nice inning ending double play.
  20. QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:19 PM) I see Floyd and Humber have reverted to their post injury forms. I think Floyd has a good night. Command a little off early but stuff looks good.
  21. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:11 PM) Add me to that list. And they might only get one playoff game. Highly unlikely that they catch Texas, who is incredibly complete as well. Albeit, losing Lewis is a big blow.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:11 PM) The Tigers are playing great baseball now too. I'm not sure how they aren't that good. They have the best 1/3/4 hitter combo in baseball. They also have the best #1 pitcher of any team in the playoff hunt for the AL. They have a lot of other great pieces fitting behind all of those players. Their rotation is as tough 1-5 as any team in all of baseball, plus a very good end of the pen. The weakness they have out there is their early pen guys. With that rotation, they can hide those guys pretty nicely, like the Sox did early this year when their rotation was pitching well. Tigers are playing great, for 2 weeks. They may keep it up, they may not. I fully expect them to have there struggles and I think the Sox have the talent to stay in contention. I think the Sox might actually be better, however, they aren't heatlhy, so right now, the Tigers are the better team.
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:08 PM) What's the deal with Haren this year? Velocity seems down. And yes, I do agree the Angels are the best team in the majors. Haren had a back injury he was quiet about. Finally went on the DL to let it heal. It was really impacting his stuff. Came back yesterday and looked significantly better.
  24. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:08 PM) I agree...and Haren came back last night and pitched against the Rangers. Is supposedly pain-free. Yep. He looked good last night too. I'm waiting another start or two to see if he holds up, but when he's healthy, he's a real legit front of the rotation starter.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.