Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. The NFLPA is retarded. What do they expect to happen. Owners give quite a bit, players still say f*** you and never had any intent on negotiating. Owners, no longer are going to play nice, and are going to play some hardball.
  2. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:19 AM) The good news for the Bulls is that Miami hasnt played the Celtics well, so its not a sure thing that the Bulls ever even face the Heat. Until yesterday.
  3. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:40 PM) There are legitimate arguments against Rose winning the MVP but I'm going to be pissed if Thibodeau doesn't win coach of the year. His defensive philosophies are simply incredible and has been the biggest reason for the Bulls improvement this year (obviously Rose becoming a legit superstar played a large part as well). There are no legitimate arguments for either, imo. Rose is clearly the MVP this year. Not saying he's the best player in the association, but he fits the MVP title for the season. And I still don't think the Bulls make the NBA finals. However, I hope I'm wrong. I still think Miami wins this thing.
  4. The Big Unit would be high on my list from a pure intimidation standpoint. If I were a lefty, no one I'd least like to face than Randy. Another guy on my list is Troy Percival and that is only because he would squint like he couldn't see and throw consistent upper 90's gas with little control early on his career (and very effective I might add). So for me, those would be two of my most intimidating. Not saying the two best pitchers cause neither would be near the tops of my list. Maddux was nasty, but not intimidating and I never thought of Pedro as intimidating, just awesome.
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 04:43 PM) They usually are the first team hitting during a season. It is July-September in Dallas that does them in. It won't matter either way. Rest of the division, outside of maybe the A's, is straight garbage.
  6. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:10 AM) THEY'RE NOT?! Gee, thanks for letting me know, mister! If you overreact all the time, you are due to get some comments. Especially since you get all huffy about Milledge being cut after a coupls misplayed balls but at the same time get all huffy about how bad the Sox are after a couple games.
  7. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:28 AM) And where are they in pitching? Again, I haven't "given up" based on anything, let alone a single roster move. My faith is just slowly going downhill. Besides, if it's too early to start losing faith in the team, why is it acceptable to dump Milledge after 2 games? Didn't know world series were won during the first week of the season. Either way, our record is solid and our team on paper and on the field looks pretty damn solid to me.
  8. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 08:21 AM) Him being "brutal" in 2 games in the field were still better than Teahen has been at any position. It's amazing how much security Teahen has just because of that mother f'n contract. He can hit.
  9. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:32 PM) Haven't been impressed at all with Morel since opening day. Me and Tru were joking about this. But Brian Anderson had a nice opening day in '06 and forgot how to play baseball. Makes you wonder. Yes, I'm being just a tad paranoid. The two players look nothing alike. Morel has done nothing but put up good at bats all season long. Anderson, on the other hand, had no idea what a good at bat was.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:22 AM) If nothing else, I learned something. Haha - Me too. I have a few techy friends that have there's jailbreaked solely for that reason (on ATT, I don't personally know anyone who has an Iphone unlocked on Tmobile). I'll be curious to see if they have gotten hit. They are all on grandfathered unlimited data plans and use there phones for everything.
  11. QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 08:41 AM) That's not jailbreaking, it's unlocking. Jailbreaking can be undone, unlocking cannot be, as it alters the baseband code, and makes future updates harder to perform, as now you can only install hacked code onto the phone, because default upgrades would again alter the baseband back to AT&T's and brick the phone. As for the stolen hotspot software, that's over with. You can't get away with jailbreaking and using the 25$ hotspot software off the black market anymore (yes, it's 25$, not free, although a one time cost). AT&T has figured out how to tell if people are illegally tethering and are charging them now...so that free meal is over. Most carriers will be following suit on this. My assumption on how they can tell if you are tethering is the browser code and identification codes coming across their network are changed...or, it could be that they can tell via out of norm traffic usage. Either way, they've been signing up hackers for tethering plans. This applies to hacked iphones and androids, in either case, they can tell if you are illegally tethering now. Well you can ignore what I said Balta, haha.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:09 PM) I agree with this. If you have some money and can have some great adventure this summer, something once-in-a-lifetime, then go for it, and delay the job. But if you are just gonna waste away the summer doing little, you might as well start making money, especially since you sound genuinely excited for the job. You will still have the weekends to do stupid s*** and the vacation days will start to accrue right away. I too agree. I got hired a year before I graduated and started in September the following year. The summer I had was a blast and the last summer without responsibilities (after college ended I left the job I had been working at throughout college and had basically 2.5 months without any work). I had money saved up and got to see and do a lot. Unfortunately, none of my buddies were willing to do Europe, but Evan, if you and a couple guys were willing and able, that would one pretty badass trip and a nice reward to yourself for all the work you put in over the years to get to where you ultimtaely got (cause after this, a new process begins and you'll start back at square one, busting your ass, building your reputation/resumse, etc.). And I'm going to assume the company you are working for is pretty big and they have the 2 start dates essentially for all the new collegeiate hires. If that is the case and you are going to work with others your age, I might even consider seeing if the majority start at one point in time or another. Because it is best to start with the big group.
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:31 AM) Ok, question for all of y'all who know the Cell market better than I do. I've been given about ~$1500 or so to spend on business related items, and my best guess for how to blow a good chunk of that is the iPad/iPhone combo. I can't use the funds available to pay the monthly service bills, but I can use them to pay for the hardware. Based on my reading, the usual iPhone purchase setup for either VZN or ATT is to spend $199 or $299 on the phone, and have the rest paid for as a discount in exchange for a 2 year service contract. Obviously, that doesn't benefit me here if I'm going to have the hardware paid for. I'd probably go with just the wi-fi version of the iPad, no need to have wireless access on it if I pick up the iPhone4 and set it up as a hotspot. Plus, most places I go have wireless setup anyway. What's the best way to do the contract setup here? I could pay the full price of the iPhone and not do a contract, but that sorta drops the benefit of signing a contract to save the money. Is there any way that I could get the bookeeping done such that I could get a credit towards the monthly bill instead of a credit towards the hardware? If all you were getting was both. Why not buy the iphone and ipad at full price (assuming you want to blow all 1500 on those two things, which I'm not sure that you do), and jailbreak it and put it on the tmobile network, where, for the time being you can be saving cash on the monthly dues. Plus by jailbreaking your iphone you have a walking hotspot for your Ipad. You spent more of your companies $1500 and maybe lose out on another device you'd want, but at the same time, you cut your monthly bills, which you'd have to pay out of pocket.
  14. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:41 PM) Just saw Cully Payne is leaving Iowa, how much worse can they get? They actually should get better. They return the 2nd leading freshman scorer and have an improving team. I've been bashing my Hawkeyes for a few years but I think they actually surprise a bit next year. Still a ways to go, but Payne is a loss. I was hoping having him, Cartwright, and Marble in the backcourt would have been pretty solid combined with Gattens, Basabe (whom I like a lot). I'm buying into Coach Fran!!!
  15. Lets just not turn Sox park into the drunk fest known as Dodger stadium, where in the past 2 years a Giant fan has both been murdered and put into a coma. Note: I was referring to the new bar, not necessarily the stadium. Didn't realize what thread I was in, haha.
  16. QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 01:41 PM) Thanks NorthSide. Have fun T!!!!
  17. Get better Dunn and guys, this isn't something to panic about. We are 4 games into the season.
  18. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    Congrats Evan!
  19. I was surprised today's game wasn't blacked out due to the Fox rule.
  20. Pretty excited. Too bad Its a hectic day at work, otherwise I would have taken a half day.
  21. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 03:40 PM) Williams is infamous for his recruiting misses. McD AA to Maryland have been few and far between since they won the title. Brain fart, I was primarily referencing to Roy Williams.
  22. QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 02:01 PM) Those 4th and 5th years are the important parts though, the part of his career where he's winning the conference with his own recruits. We don't know how capable he is of building a program because he has so little experience as a head coach so far. Anthony Grant already did a lot of the heavy lifting at VCU by going 76-25 before he left for Alabama. He also recruited the five best players on this current VCU squad and Larry Sanders, who left after last season (Shaka's first) for the pros. He just hasn't built much of a resume, you don't know if he's Todd Licklitter or Thad Matta yet. That former one is the comparison that would worry me. Following a brief stopover from Matta, Lick went 53-12 his first two years with a Sweet 16 appearance. Butler went 49-43 his next three years before he had another solid season (29-7, Sweet 16 appearance) and bolted for Iowa. He didn't last long there. Then again, it could make a ton of sense for Missouri as their roster is loaded with returning talent. A coach that can maximize that right now and reap the benefits of a strong season on the recruiting trail could set them up nicely. I'm not sure who that coach is though, these candidates don't exactly thrill me. If I were the AD at a middle to upper tier power conference school, I wouldn't go near him right now because his cost will out-pace his resume by a fair margin. For the salary he'll likely get, I'd want another two years of solid performances in a lower conference. Agreed.
  23. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 01:24 PM) A ton of recruiting is about coaches and how they relate with the players. Maybe the top 20 kids in the country want to know how you will get me from freshman to NBA in one year, but the four-star recruits can easily be swayed by a young, energetic and charismatic coach. Josh Pastnor at Memphis isn't Coach K, Self, etc., but he is young, relentless and affable. He has gotten studs for Memphis the last two years. It will be very similar for Shaka once he gets at a good power conference school. And he had proven he was a legitimate recruiter prior to becoming the head coach. He built connections and had already earned the reputation to sell/recruit under Callipari. And it is all about who guys know. You have connections with different AAU coaches, you have pipelines, and you use them. There are a few golden recruiters that can go anywhere and recruit, but by and large, it is very much about having your contacts, your connections, and your pipelines and turning talent through those areas. The being a pure seller, which some of you are saying Shaka is, and I don't know if he is or isn't, is going to be tough because your going to be trying to out sell the greats. And I don't buy into Williams not being a good recruiter, his programs constantly recruit. Maybe it isn't directly because of him being the pitch-man and he has assistants that do it, but the guy routinely is pulling some of the top recruits in the country.
  24. When you do it multiple timese (e.g., multiple tourney appearances). And no, I'm not saying he needs to get his team back to the final 4. And I think the ease of recruiting and what goes on in the recruiting process isn't near what some of you think. He's going to go in and recruit with some major players on these guys. Who are you going to listen to: Shaka or a Coach K, a Roy/Gary Williams, Self, even a Painter or Weber, who have all proven a lot more and won a lot more in there tenure and in a major conference.
  25. Thanks for the memories Jermaine. Class act in my mind and those few years with the Sox were fantastic!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.