Grillin?

RockRaines

Maybe we can turn this into a summer grill recipe thread eventually, but I have some questions for the guys who own grills:

I have 2 decks so I have a cheap, crappy charbroil on my roof deck since its exposed to the elements and I dont care about it. Because of my experience with it, I know now that on the deck outside my unit, I want a grill that will cook much more consistently and will last longer. Currently I have a 6 year old portable coleman unit on there that is great for tailgating but sucks as a primary grill (cast iron grill plate instead of open flame).

The question is what kind of grill do you have and how much do you like it?

I am on the fence about buying a new Weber Q 320 (my deck is about 50 inches wide) but the price point (330) seems high to a guy that has been buying crappy gas grills that rust out every 3-4 years.

I cook primarily fish, steaks, veggies, burgers, sausages. I would like to expand into other areas like flatbreads and pizzas as well as whole chickens and anything else I can come up with.

Honestly, I bought this one when we bought the house (2007) and couldn't recommend it enough.

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Grills-G...catalogId=10053

It has all the bells and whistles, and hasn't rusted at all (I use a $40 weather cover when not in use, and obviously bring it in over the winter). Now, I always clean my s***, so that hasn't been an issue.

Anyway, this grill has been strong, has never faltered on me, and cooks all types of meat to perfection (but really, anything with even heat and your brain can be cooked properly).

Just take care of it or whatever you buy.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Grills-G...catalogId=10053

All you need, and the food tastes a million times better than any gas grill.

Yeah, I have one of those in michigan, unfortunately I need a gas grill for my patio based on home owners regulations and also pure speed. I do love the kettle charcoalers though. Nothing does indirect heat better.

I think I just went crazy rreading the product reviews on amazon and pulled the trigger on a Weber Q320. Hoping it leads to better grilling all summer long.

Does anyone have any cool grill recipes to share?

I like to grill my hot wings after baking them in the oven, gives them a nice char and good crispiness.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
I think I just went crazy rreading the product reviews on amazon and pulled the trigger on a Weber Q320. Hoping it leads to better grilling all summer long.

Does anyone have any cool grill recipes to share?

I like to grill my hot wings after baking them in the oven, gives them a nice char and good crispiness.

Wow that sounds really good actually!

I like to grill my onions, make a container from alum foil then put chopped onions in there with garlic salt and a touch of olive oil and a ton of paprika. Put that on some hot dogs or burgers, soo good.

Also love to just pick up a ton of fresh local sweet corn and grill up a ton, just put it right on the grill and pull off the stalk part after, no butter or salt needed either.

My parents won this from an Ice House contest (lol) a few years back, it is amazing:

http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/summit...es/summit-s-670

I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Patio-Cad...l/dp/B00004TBJ7

It was the biggest thing that would fit on our condo balcony. Served its purpose, but not easy to cook on and no indirect heating. But if you're really limited on space, it'll do.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
I just grilled about 2 weeks ago. It was the last semi-decent day before all this bad weather.

I'm due to buy another grill, but I'm pretty happy with the propane style cooking.

I grill in the rain, haha. But every Sunday I'll pull my old BBQ out. A new favorite of mine is some bbq'd pork tenderloin with a one day marinade. Comes out delicious.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
I grill in the rain, haha. But every Sunday I'll pull my old BBQ out. A new favorite of mine is some bbq'd pork tenderloin with a one day marinade. Comes out delicious.

Can you expand on that recipe?