Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 05:56 AM) Kettle chips are evil. The sea salt and black pepper ones are really good, but so are the cheddar ones. I could eat those things all day. And then I could weigh 300 pounds. Incredibly good. I love the Salt and Vinegar, Cheddar, and BBQ ones.
  2. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:43 AM) Im so sick of this crap, no player in mlb is going to draw fans solely on their name with the exception of Ichiro because he brings in the Japanese population. The only thing that will bring in fans otherwise is winning. Tell that to LA. They went crazy when Manny arrived.
  3. QUOTE (shakes @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 07:36 AM) Yep. All information is coming from Boras. Not a word has been leaked from the Sox or Tigers. I honestly still don't believe anything that has been uttered. It's all Scott Boras creation. Heyman is his mouthpiece and Rosenthal isn't far behind. It's not coincidence that all the info is coming from them. It's a shame because those two are otherwise pretty reliable journalists. Rosenthal has a ton of sources within the Sox organization though, so he's usually pretty spot on when it comes to these things.
  4. That sounds pretty promising if the three really played golf.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 10:15 AM) Yep, I have the Motorola Droid and I got my fiancee the HTC Droid a a month and a half ago, both are really solid phones. My Motorola Droid has the slide out keyboard, but I just use the touchscreen pad anyways. We both love our phones. My brother and sister both have IPhones and they Droid/Iphones are very comparable. You obviously won't have nearly as many apps yet on the Droid, but they will come in time. Hey Chris, completely unrelated question, but whens your wedding? You guys set a date?
  6. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Thanks for all of the advice. I'm gonna use this thread to help organize what all I've gotten planned so this weekend (or even later on during the week) I'm going to try and update it with the stuff (based upon guide books I've read, our interests, and the stuff you all have suggested) and put it out there and for those that you that have been and know, maybe you can help group some of the stuff together so we can kill two birds wtih one stone. One other question I have, is there like a Yelp for Europe? I want to try and do more of the neighborhood restaurants as opposed to the super touristy ones. I want to really get a feel for the country, and as a nice side-effect, save scratch. I'm talking more about the restaurants that the locals eat at which have a few things on the menu and in which the menu changes pretty much daily.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to The Gooch's topic in SLaM
    My Weber Grill...Blue Cheese Burger. Made one this weekend and it might have been the best burger I ever had.
  8. QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 04:36 PM) I'm not interested in trading Noah. Especially when we could sign Bosh in the offseason. Ya, but this gives you a much better chance of keeping him. Plus by doing that deal, the Bulls would still have money to add another big FA in the off-season anyway (at least if you are able to unload Salmons or Hinrich). The only tough part is you are giving up Noah.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:44 AM) That would decimate the Bulls chances to do anything this year. Most of the other deals that are being talked about bring back as many players as we would get, and would give us players that would probably not be hurt in a week. The Bulls priorities are the off-season though.
  10. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:41 AM) Back to the Amar'e subject. I've read that PHX sees Cleveland as a last resort. They want more than just Hickson & Big Z who they plan to just waive anyway. I've also read that they're not that interested in Beasley. Either way it's looking like this Bulls team is staying in tact past the trade deadline. I don't think so. The Bulls are going to make a few trades.
  11. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:33 AM) I think the Bulls pay Deng a lot less than McGrady is paid, so we would still have to move salaries into there, which would really take players off of the court for the Bulls. Deng, Tyrus Thomas, and John Salmons for McGrady would work. I don't know if the Rockets have interest in that offer, but it would do wonders for the Bulls and if you got a 3rd team involved (for example, a team that wanted Tyrus Thomas), you could see the Rockets receive some draft picks and other stuff. The big issue is that I highly doubt the Rockets have any interest in Deng (since they have Battier and Ariza on the wing). Albeit, Deng is a superior all around player to both.
  12. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:17 AM) I can't see anyone taking on Deng for an expiring deal right now. Which is why he hasn't moved. The Bulls would only move Deng if that sort of offer was on the table and I believe the only deal they could possibly do that allows that to happen would be a McGrady deal, but I find that very unlikely. Otherwise, Deng will stay here this off-season until the Bulls are able to sign a FA (or two) and at that point the team will decide whether Deng fits the current lineup or if they would be better served dealing him for another guy whose signed long-term but is a better positional fit (Al Jefferson is an option). Or he would be part of a sign and trade for a Rudy Gay, etc.
  13. Chisoxfn replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:41 PM) Thanks for all the feedback, guys. These are the real reviews I was looking for. I've waited this long; I'm going to have to explore what else is available before I finally rid myself of my rotary dial cell phone. It shouldn't even be a question...get the Droid. It is really solid. So is the HTC android phone Verizon offers.
  14. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Thanks for the help guys/gals. I decided to instead stick to two countries so we wouldn't be as rushed, since it is our honeymoon.
  15. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    So I've decided on my honeymoon and wanted to see if anyone that has been to either place recommends as must sees (or the exact opposite, of things that you had heard about which ultimately were a huge let-down). We are going to have 4 days in London and 5 in Paris and am current planning on doing a couple day-trips outside of each city as well (potentially Bathe, Stonehedge, Brugges, etc). I appreciate all the help!!!
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:43 AM) IMO, if there was anyone in the league remotely willing to take on Deng's contract in exchange for something valuable, he'd be long gone already. Right now the Bulls are only going to move him for expirings. If not, they'll hold onto him and eventually use him as a S/T component. Deng is quietly having a really really good season and from what I've read he has solid trade value.
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:59 AM) I doubt a guy who is the best in the league at his position is worried about Deng. If he wanted to play in Chicago, that isn't something that would stop him. Its not like he is going to lose playing time to him or something. Plus with Deng playing the way he is, the Bulls could use him as a sign and trade chip for someone like a Chris Bosh, etc. They could even move him for an Al Jefferson.
  18. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 08:44 PM) Your correct, but he is still miles better than VDN. Sucks to hear about Karl, but I would love to see us land Byron Scott. (job he did with CP3 from his rookie year on, was amazing and even CP3 credited Scott) I still feel Derrick has lost some development from the VDN regime, especially playing in a half court set. Just say no to Byron. He's terrible.
  19. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 03:57 PM) Probably a lot of reasons. First, he'd always be in someone else's shadow. He'd also be changing numbers. The big one though is the contracts. While he could probably play PF, having Deng alongside him is really a poor setup. Which means we'd need to find a way to move Deng. Which is already difficult enough, and which would be more difficult if we suddenly HAD to move him. Why would he necessarily want to go through that when so many other teams can offer him the spot wide open already. If Chicago can get Lebron they will. It is just widely believed he isn't interested in coming to Chicago. Peter Vessey disagrees and thinks that the Bulls are his most likely destination if he doesn't stay in Cleveland. And Deng is no concern, I could care less who is on our team, LBJ is the best in the game.
  20. Should be nice, real nice.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 06:02 PM) I have not been, but if I were a newly married man, rising up the career ladder, and presiding over the best website in the history of the intrawebs, I would not go at the present time. It is not particularly safe for Americans to be there right now. Haha, that was my biggest potential concern with potentially going there (me and my fiance's safety).
  22. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    Have any of you been to Cairo, Egypt? Was thinking of including it on my honeymoon (going to go to a few European countries) and thought it could be cool to see the pyramids but was curious to see if anyone has ever been and whether it is worth it, safe, etc.
  23. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 01:10 PM) BTW, multiple sources are reporting the Sox are very much still in the mix for Damon today. It's just the Sox & Tigers now. 2:12pm: Jon Heyman of SI.com says via Twitter that it looks like the Damon sweepstakes will come down to the White Sox and Tigers. He says the Braves don't appear to have the money to bid. 2:00pm: Don't hold your breath for a Damon signing. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets that nothing is imminent with the Tigers. You gotta think this 2/$14M from DET is either total BS, or Damon really doesn't wanna play there. Why else hasn't he signed? That was classic Boras chasing $/years from Kenny. I can't see the Sox going to two years unless it's a team option. Has anyone thought that Boras is in tight with Detroit and is actually using that to his advantage to play the Sox and get the Sox to pony up more. Detroit benefits because if it works, Boras gets the Sox to spend more dough or even walk away from the chase and Boras benefits because it either gets another team to jump in (Braves) or gets the Sox to maybe pay a bit more?
  24. So preliminary offers or agreements?
  25. Question...I fully expect the Bulls to acquire future 1st round picks, not current ones. In fact, most likely they will deal all of the 1st round picks this year because of the cap hold that is set on those selections.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.