Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:33 PM) Seriously, can we promote this guy already? I know they want him to develop his change. He can't do this at high A? We're not talking about jumping to the majors for crying out loud. He's got a comfort thing with the pitching coach in Kanny.
  2. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) Can't you be a PTBNL after 6 months or something like that? I think he can, maybe wrong on that though. Since Viciedo signed in December, if the deadline for a PTBNL trade to be completed is 5 months or less, Viciedo can be dealt. I know Flowers wasn't part of the Peavy talks. I was saying that Poreda and Richard were, and the other guys we don't know about. I have to assume they're all up for sale when it comes to Kenny though. Unlike Beckham, there are questions about all of these guys as to whether they'll perform in the Majors so I don't see why Kenny would treat any of them like Beckham. Your probably right. Viciedo was a signing as opposed to a draft pick. I know draft picks can't be dealt for a full year after signing and than there is a limit as to how long someone can be a PTBNL.
  3. Prospect Retro: Mark Buehrle By Seven Costanza FutureSox.com/SoxNet In honor of Mark Buehrle's perfect game, Seven Costanza of our sister site, FutureSox.com, decided to write-up a prospect retro which highlights Buehrle's earlier years....Read the Full Article
  4. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:44 PM) I agree but I think we'd have to add a lot more, and right now, coming off of today's events, a big splash with Haren would really put the fanbase on cloud 9 and should alleviate concerns about lack of ticket sales over the remainder of the season. Knowing Kenny as we do, if we could get Haren for that package Haren would already be in uniform. He's probably already offered as much for Halladay or close to it, and Hallday should be quite a bit cheaper than Haren. Poreda easily could have been up here for the scouts, and it's very hard to not see Richard being shopped. Both were involved for Peavy. D2, Flowers, and Viciedo are the only ones we don't know about, but Kenny doesn't often hold on to prospects. If we can find a third team to add prospects or young players for a reliever, maybe we've got a shot. Viciedo can't be traded until a year after he signed his contract. Flowers was not part of the Peavy talks.
  5. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:26 PM) If Haren is in any way a possibility I'd much rather give up a ton more for financial benefit and longterm security. Maybe the Sox can get a major piece or two for Jenks, and then add that to an offer that practically guts the upper levels of the farm? Might as well do that. I just read MLBTR and Ricciardi says Halladay is going to "test" free agency, i.e. sign a megadeal with NY, Boston, LAA, or LAD. If the Sox could extend Halladay for like 2 more season it would be stellar but I'm sure no one in the right mind would advise Roy to do that. Haren is the best bet and I think I'd even go as far as trading: Poreda/Richard/Danks/Flowers for him.
  6. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:22 PM) Haha first the new futuresox and not SoxNet? You guys are not playing around this year. I wonder if it was the Buehrle perfect game that put this idea over the top? I got a normal job again so it was just a matter of time to get the momentum rolling again.
  7. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sox revisit the Blue Jays with a Halladay offer. Also evidently the Angels are after Kazmir and if the Rays can move Kazmir they might become one of the front-runners in the Halladay sweepstakes.
  8. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:25 PM) I want in You've been quoted. Lets chat this weekend
  9. Chisoxfn replied to DePloderer's topic in SLaM
    How you been Deploder? Its been too long. Evidently it takes Buehrle to throw a perfect game for BigBen to ring and wake up our favorite poster from England!!!
  10. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:48 PM) I talked to my best friend Mike last night. He wanted to come over and watch baseball. He's a Cub fan and I told him the Cubs had beat the Phillies. He was happy. I had to tell him no about coming over because my daughter , who just got her degree in Architectural Engineering, is staying with me now in my one bedroom apartment, so room is scarce. He enjoyed watching the Sox with me also. I made a bet with him early in the year $50 says the Cubs don't make it to the World Series. I felt like I was taking advantage of him and often joked recently that he wasn't remembering right and the bet was for $500 (which it originally was). At the end of the phone call he said "See you tommorrow at work." This morning my boss made an announcement that Mike had a massive coronary and died. Then I come home and see Mark had thrown a perfect game. I know logically one has nothing to do with the other but in my mind I can't help but think it's Mike's way of saying goodbye. R.I.P. Mike . You will be missed. That is insane. I'm sorry about your loss.
  11. Sounds like the Sox are in fact shopping for relievers. I still don't think they buy one without moving another.
  12. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:26 PM) Mark Buehrle Throws 18th Perfect Game in MLB History By SoxNet Chicago White Sox starter Mark Buehrle threw the 18th perfect game in MLB history on Thursday. The perfect game was part of a 5-0 victory against the Tampa Bay Rays which gave the Sox a share of the division league with the Detroit Tigers. The perfect game was the 2nd in White Sox history. Mark Buehrle has now started and closed a world series game, thrown a perfect game, and a no-hitter. We are researching but we believe he might be the first player in MLB history to accomplish all of those tasks and he is the 6th player in MLB history to throw both a no-hitter and a perfect game....More at the Link (Including Video's, Image's, Quotes, and Interesting Facts) Note: A few Soxtalk posters have been quoted in the article We now got some links to some exclusive video and audio of Buehrle and the President of the US (among other things). Courtesy of the good ole White Sox
  13. Mark Buehrle Throws 18th Perfect Game in MLB History By SoxNet Chicago White Sox starter Mark Buehrle threw the 18th perfect game in MLB history on Thursday. The perfect game was part of a 5-0 victory against the Tampa Bay Rays which gave the Sox a share of the division league with the Detroit Tigers. The perfect game was the 2nd in White Sox history. Mark Buehrle has now started and closed a world series game, thrown a perfect game, and a no-hitter. We are researching but we believe he might be the first player in MLB history to accomplish all of those tasks and he is the 6th player in MLB history to throw both a no-hitter and a perfect game....More at the Link (Including Video's, Image's, Quotes, and Interesting Facts) Note: A few Soxtalk posters have been quoted in the article
  14. QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:47 PM) FIX THIS PLEASE!!! BUEHRLE DID NOT WIN A WORLD SERIES GAME!!! LETS GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT AT LEAST Cotts got the win in Buehrle start.
  15. QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:08 PM) Mike witt only pitched two innings of relief in the no-hitter, which was combined. He relieved mark langston who walked four and struck out three in seven innings. http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CA...199004110.shtml I was at that combined no-no
  16. Kalapse, I've made you famous. http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/soxnet/200...-game.html#more
  17. QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:47 PM) He is the second. in history. I thought he was the 6th to have a no-hitter and perfect game on his resume?
  18. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:27 PM) THIS WAS FOR YOU DANKSY What is wrong with Danksy? Aside from the finger injury?
  19. Beautiful...Mark is now even with me. He's thrown a PG and a No Hitter, I've seen a PG and a No Hitter. I love you mark...I'm speachless.
  20. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:37 AM) Levine said KW has been rejected twice by the Dbacks about Haren....don't know if that has anything to do with it.. but interesting none the less to know KW is askin about Haren. Was this recent?
  21. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:53 AM) I bet the Sox are looking at Qualls I don't think the Sox are trading for a reliever unless they dump a reliever. I really think they are going hard after Haren. Would you guys do Richard/Poreda/Hudson/Flowers/Shelby (or Fields or Anderson) for Haren? I would. Would the Dbacks?
  22. Wait are you guys serious? What happened to Q?
  23. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 07:17 AM) So what happened to Torres? Was he sent down after the game to bring back Poreda? Poreda can't come back up just yet. Torres will stay on the roster until they have to activate Colon, at which point they'll decide whether Danks will make his start on Sun or Monday. If Danks won't, he'll be placed on the DL retroactive to his last start and Torres will stay with the big league club and start in danks place.
  24. I get this. Anderson has played scarcely over a few seasons and feels he needs to play everyday. He's at least taking the right approach, going through the organization and asking out, but couldn't you wait until after the season comes to an end to tell the Sox this? I realize you were just sent down for Wise, but the Sox are in a pennant race and I'm pretty sure if you produce down in AAA you'll be back up with a shot at being on the post-season roster.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.