Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2007 -> 11:07 PM) Beckett or Lester; those are pretty much their only options. If Francona wants this, we'll see Beckett pitch in Game 1, 4 and possibly 7 if it goes that far.
  2. Rockies. And it isn't even remotely close.
  3. I'm gonna pray for the Rockies here. I was obviously wrong about the Cleveland prediction, but hopefully Colorado won't be affected too much from the layoff.
  4. QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:29 PM) I can't say specifically what if anything Nieves had to do with Jenks and his curveball. But considering Jenkins always had problems with control, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Nieves helped him locate it better to make it an effective pitch and gave him the confidence to not stress of he bounced one or two. Those are common issues with young pitchers who have big breaking balls. There is very little margin between bouncing one in the dirt and hanging one. So it is possible that Nieves could have helped him with the pitch, yet did not show him how to throw it. So lots not get too tangled over words, shall we? Outstanding posting as usual Rex. Anything whitesox related especially from the minors I'll take your word over anyone elses considering you actually do have the "knowledge" backing you up.
  5. Very classy of Schilling. Swearing on national television. Even though part of me is happy about it cause its Sportscenter whose airing it.
  6. SoxAce replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 02:38 PM) Just got back from that. I would actually buy this movie, and I own very few DVD's. That should tell you something. Saw it yesterday. It was decent I must say. Loved the plot though.
  7. I still think Cleveland will win this series despite this game.
  8. SoxAce replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 12:21 PM) went to the 30 Days of Night premiere last night - I loved it! Good suspense, story, acting, etc. The vampires weren't too cheesy, and Josh Hartnett actually was okay. Good action and violence too. I recommend it. Probably going to see it this weekend. If not, definitely next weekend.
  9. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 10:39 PM) but hey baseball is a funny game. Ain't that the truth in alot of ways. Hell... Sabathia/Carmona 0-1 12.96 era 10/8 BB:SO ratio Westbrook/Byrd 2-0 3.09 era 3/6 BB:SO ratio Crazy game I tell ya.
  10. Pratt sounds about as gay as he looks in real life.
  11. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 04:50 PM) Dude's probly a 16 incher He's hispanic... so I highly doubt it.
  12. The game has a chance of raining out which would definitely help the Red Sox.
  13. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 09:20 AM) 6'5", 170???? Boy needs to eat. Just for comparison's sake I'm 5'8, 170. Now I know I'm fat but still QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 10:53 AM) he's got 7 inches on me. ........ too easy.
  14. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 12:37 AM) Boo cheating. Thank you, thank you, no applause is needed. Lol, I actually had every prediction right so far looking at the thread in every series but if there is one prediction I seriously hope I'm wrong of, it's the World Series prediction. I pray that Colorado gets it. It'll be nice to see Helton get a ring even though I'm a Kenny Lofton fan as well. But I love the Rockies and the city. Some players who you love to root for are more on the Colorado side.
  15. Congrats to the Rockies!! I called them going to the World Series (Look at the prediction thread ). Mark my words it's gonna be Rockies-Indians (Heart going for the Rocks, Prediction going to the Injuns)
  16. This ump is horrific. It seems like he really wants to give the Red Sox this game.
  17. Dialing Jason Gage......
  18. Ken Rosenthal just reported that the Angels GM (Stoneman?) is stepping down. Jesus, this has to be a record for GMs.
  19. QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 01:36 PM) Heres the wikipedia link Didn't read the whole link, but Cliff Floyd is da man.
  20. QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:57 PM) They are a lot better than the 2006 Cards. Alot of teams were better than that team. They alone are in the top 5 (maybe top 3, maybe even numero uno) as the worst team to ever win the W.S. I still think if the 90 win 06 sox would have gotten in, we could have seriously made noise.
  21. QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 09:46 PM) Bourgeois scored the winning run in a 14 inning game today. He went 2-5 again and walked twice. He scored twice and stole his 5th base. The game in Hawaii still hasn't started. And I still can't believe we didn't take a look at him in September instead of seeing the Andy freakin Gonzalez fiasco.
  22. QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:39 PM) Egbert's on the 40 man. When Heads finds this out, he'll be doing cartwheels and drinking his ass off. (BTW I'm sick cause I was drinking yesterday but getting better)
  23. The Rockies (so far of course) are making our 1 loss in the postseason look like nothing.
  24. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 06:25 PM) The high expectations have already begun with me. He better be here before his 21st birthday. I have no confidence we'll have an internal SS replacement by then. I was wondering when you would make your appearance.
  25. QUOTE(max power @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 06:20 PM) Fenway is baseballs biggest piece of crap. God I hate that s*** hole. Ahem... 2nd biggest.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.