Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. I gotta give the Marlins some love. They are playing spoiler very well. They are just beating up the teams that want to clinch a playoff spot. They did their job against the Cubs, but the Brew Crew didn't. And now they are doing their job against the Mets and I'm pretty sure the Fightin Phils will definitely do their job and make history that the Mets don't want to be a part of.
  2. God dammit I come home from a hard days work (overtime nonetheless) and I have to answer my cell from quite a few of my friends (who are cub fans) turn on the t.v. and see freaking 10 different channels seeing the cubs clinch and go to soxtalk and see it's actually confirmed and not a sick joke?! Dammit.
  3. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2007 -> 10:06 PM) Gavin has a better FB and curve, but Broadway has much better mechanics and movement and will be the better long term pitcher. I do think Floyd can be a solid 4th or 5th though but he won't be an ace. Agreed. And I just saw the highlights. His fastball had damn good movement. I'll probably watch the sox replay later tonight (I believe they will show the game again) and see Broadway's pitching then.
  4. It's good to come home and see the sox win. How did Broadway look? Judging from his outing he looked impressive even if it was the Royals.
  5. QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 09:35 PM) Looked pretty good striking out the side in the 7th. Post was deleted pretty quickly. Obviously just the two cents matter more I guess.
  6. Way to increase that trade value Jon.
  7. Jesus, there's alot of beautiful women in the stands tonight..
  8. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    HJ... you da man bro!!
  9. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Dear god pulp is awful. Hell no.
  10. QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 07:48 AM) Cecil and Prince Fielder are the first father/son 50 hr guys. And it's a damn shame instead of having the Bobby/Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Sr./Jr. relationship they have the Rick Berry/Sons, Henry/Mike Bibby one. It's just a sad father/son relationship family wise.
  11. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 11:58 PM) The man, the myth, the legend...Rowand44. Some faces are better left unseen.
  12. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 11:28 PM) Next season. NEXT season. Thanks Cheat. Obviously I read it wrong.
  13. Phillies GM Pat Gillick to step down after this season Sorry KW, but your boy/one of your favorite trade buddies will be gone.
  14. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:37 PM) Here is the 2007 predictions thread: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56867 In the Toby Hall injury thread I had the White Sox at 81 wins, so even I -- as someone who's continually pessimistic-- couldn't have forseen such a dropoff. I didn't post in that thread, but I'll give Damen his props. He was spot on what needed to happen and I agree despite the 81 wins which IMO, he was being generous. 4th place might not be too far off considering we are tied for 4th (or 5th/last) with the Royals now. Whitesoxrandy also was dead on (probably moreso) Some others also had some types of predictions right.
  15. I'll be the first one to admit here that I smoke weed (or used to I guess) and drink alcohol and I must say I am the coolest motherf***er on captain planet. "Grandma says goo" (long story on that famous saying). Actually there were some posters I definitely remember doing the same thing on this site (either still do it or quit) and they had interesting stories. It was a thrill going on AIM seeing these people type away their adventures. I have since stopped smokin BTW (haven't rolled a blunt since 4-20.) EDIT: check that July (friend's b-day before his baby was born) The only thing I tell the people I know personally is to not mess with the booger sugar. I've never tried it and that s*** can actually f*** up your life. But all in all... dat green is teh shiznit. Gotta love Homer Simpson and Otto.
  16. Josh Fields will look like a saint out there next season especially compared to Pods. Thank god we will actually have a strong arm out there in LF for once and a guy with good range and can actually produce at the plate with upside.
  17. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:03 PM) And Tony Pena Jr's 4-4 tonight. Only against the White Sox. Because of this, we will trade for him in the off-season and believe we have solved our SS problem.
  18. TB has that #1 draft pick basically locked up unless they win basically all their games the rest of the way (which won't happen) I doubt we will get Pedro anyway even if TB passes him up (considering they can move him to 1B/OF or if Baltimore/Florida/Pittsburg takes him) so it will be interesting to see the route the sox take (either taking a high schooler I.E. Galloway, DeVall, Hicks, H. Martinez, Hosmer, Marrs or go with the usual college route and take a more polished pitcher/hitter I.E. Matusz, Smoak, Crawford, Russell, Ross, Wallace.)
  19. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:40 PM) The following 4 players better be nowhere near the roster: Myers, Cintron, Gonzalez, Pods If I see Bukvich on this team (or even on our roster) next year I will have a stroke.
  20. QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 08:13 PM) nice to see josh with two walks Make it three.
  21. Happy b-day sexy. Hope all is good Steff.
  22. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:34 PM) FYI, I don't think Rex is HALF the QB of Romo, tonight proved to me that Romo is here to stay. What a find for Dallas. Not even close. And it's crazy cuz he came out of our own backyard. He's basically the Football version of Curtis Granderson. Wasn't even drafted and he already miles away better than Grossman.
  23. Jim Miller is not the long term solution of course, but jesus this team is getting old (Urlacher can't be in his prime forever) and we are in a must win NOW. Hell, I'd REALLY rather see Orton in there who at least manages the game better and is younger even if he isn't the long term either.
  24. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:45 PM) I agree with at least half of that. I'll wait a while before agreeing completely. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you. And I'm sure your talking about waiting while for Grossman.
  25. QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:51 PM) So is there anyone out there that still wants to defend Rex and Benson? Now if noone wants to defend Benson, I would take the slack considering he is suppose to be "the man" for us (even though if he keeps fumbling the damn ball, I'll lose faith with him) but Grossman... christ I can't stand him. IMO, he is a bust 1st rounder. (the D.. and Hester.. took us to the super bowl)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.