Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:13 AM) Dont worry, he is a polished college pitcher on the fast track of being traded. Fixed.
  2. AJ just doesn't even bother catching simple pitches.
  3. Nice throw Owens.
  4. This is my first look at Broadway. Let's see what he can really do.
  5. Betencourt is throwing 91 mph fastballs. 91!! and we are missing like he's throwing 101. I hope that the gun is f***ed up.
  6. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:02 AM) The mics are turned way up, you can hear the crack of the bat and the pop of the mitt like never before. Who needs High Definition when you get sounds like this.
  7. Thome might be the only reason why I'm still watching this game. (And maybe to see Broadway)
  8. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:57 PM) It would be better TV if both of them got liquored up during the delay. Having Hawk slurring yelling at the fans, at Guillen telling the players they suck. That would be funny. DJ picking fights with Hawk, maybe a scuffle. We need a Bob Uecker in the booth.
  9. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:51 PM) I recall a game several years ago when several of my friends and I sat through a long rain delay. Aside from a close game or walkoff victory, it was possibly one of the funnest games to watch for the reason few people are in the crowd. It seems more personal. And you know the players can hear every word you say. Ditto. I had the same thing for me and my little brother about three years ago against the Royals when they had a 2 hr+ rain delay (it was a 1:05 start so it was during the night they continued it) and yes we made some Royals pitchers have it even though we did talk smart baseball, and seeing Shingo throwing frisbees in the bullpen and Carlos Lee dancing salsa cause my little brother told him too () was one of the best games I attended.
  10. So there's about 10 people/loyal fans who are sticking around to see the rest of the game.
  11. GF wins 10-3 Ely pitched very well.
  12. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:12 PM) You're better than this. Even though you still love Reed. Jeremy Reed is the greatest ballplayer to ever graze the baseball field no doubt. And my man love for him has nothing to do with this.
  13. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:06 PM) I love September evaluations. Did Pratt brainwash you? Did he make buddahs to seize your hate for eternity on Floyd?
  14. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:00 PM) Actually that's pretty damn bad. Because we don't have any talent to give up. You can throw out names like McCulloch and Broadway and Haeger, but opposing GMs will want one of two pitchers this off-season; Gio or Fautino. And any trade that moves one of them figures to be a poor one. If Dayton Moore is asking for that much for Dejesus then pass. This guy is not a Carl Crawford now. And IMO, it shouldn't take that much to get him (hell they would probably want Egbert which wouldn't be nearly as bad but still quite a load considering he's looks like he could be something for us but I'd wouldn't mind seeing go.)
  15. QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:52 PM) Yeah, but I don't see Moore and Royals giving him up unless they got a REAL good package. They basically need pitching and maybe a solid spect OF wise. I'm thinking we can basically sell off a Broadway/McCulloch (or even perhaps both) and maybe a young OF (BA?) and perhaps that could entice them and maybe add a throw in. But who knows if they are willing to trade THAT kind of talent in the same division even though Sisco had high upside when they traded him to us.
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:46 PM) If you're looking to add OBP and defense to the top of the order then David Dejesus and his career .360 OBP and 90 ISOd for the 2007 season would look awful good in a Sox uni in '08 Good call. Him and Furcal would make 2008 an exciting team to watch. I've wanted Dejesus for a couple years now. Very nice call Kalapse.
  17. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:27 PM) LMAO!! :lolhitting
  18. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:11 PM) Kevin Everett's life is in jeopardy, and his life is (almost) assured of never being the same again. Mike Brown will (essentially) live a completely normal life from this point out. It's slightly different circumstances. I've overstepped my boundaries here, but praying for a knee injury while not praying for a player in critical condition just doesn't seem right to me. Your absolutely right but you still don't get it. We are ALL praying for Everett. Like I stated earlier, I've already acknowleged him (and if it bothers you too much considering he is also a Bill, why don't YOU acknowlege him in your sig) but Mike Brown has been through alot in his playing career and considering I made the "Pray for Mike Brown" sig at 2 freaking am when noone knew how serious Brown's injury was OR even Everetts (playing career yes, cause you are still ALIVE even with the possibility of being paralyzed, but LIFE THREATENING... definitely not) Mike Brown is a player who has been through a s***load and is playing for the team I root for. Of course I'm going to pray for him if he ever plays again.
  19. GF has a nice 3 man rotation who have pitched stellar this season (Poreda-Moreno-Ely)
  20. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 04:24 PM) Sorry, I'm not praying for Mike Brown when a player from the Bills is in danger of losing his life and is likely to be paralyzed. Bro, STFU. Seriously. For one, it's obvious I made the pray part yesterday when Brown went down and didn't even know he was going to be done for the season. I made it because I wanted everyone to pray that the injurt wasn't seriously and was going to be okay, not because his season yet again ends (and you were active yesterday [technically today considerng it was lik 2 am when I did it]) Obviously Everett is in career/life threatening danger and I acknowleged him earlier in this thread, but why don't you mind your own damn buisness (usually I just blow off/don't pay attention to your smartaloic post to certian posters or myself when you post the obvious but this time this post seriously pissed the f*** outta me.) Hell, your one of the smartest posters (baseball wise) here and your posting utter s*** like this? GMAFB.
  21. I'll honor Mike Brown's play and possibly the last time he wears a bears uniform for the rest of the season.
  22. Remarkably, Jimmy Rollins is also very close to the record as well. He's done it really under the radar. It's crazy that possibly TWO players in one year can join the 20-20-20-20 club and Rollins might join Granderson and Schulte as the only players in the 30-20-20-20 club. (Mays was short at 26 doubles)
  23. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 11:11 PM) Seriously, are you going to try and make an argument that Kanye would have been a bigger draw than Britney Spears? Yes but still a low rating cause both would have been disapointing ratings anyway. Amen Murcie. Ditto even though I'm pulling for Kanye cause I don't want to see 50 Cent rap ever again. He's a f***ing joke. Plus 50's hate on Kanye (tried to pick a fight with him TWICE) makes it even more humerous cause Kanye is really getting into his head. And for the record lyrically, I'm not a fan of Kanye West in fact IMO, he's a better producer/"beat junkie." But he PWNS Fiddy and most other MC's in the game today.
  24. I hate Justin Timberlake with a passion but I do got respect for him. His points to me went up after his speech when he won "Best Male Award." The top line was when he said "And MTV play music videos we don't wanna see the Simpsons on reality T.V. anymore" Pure Genius.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.