Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official NFL Thread
QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 09:40 PM) I see nothing anywhere about Brown being out for the year. Maybe he broke down out of frustration. We won't know till probably tomorrow or the next day or so. But how he was describing it and how he looked afterwards, he probably fractured/tore something. He's "possibly" done for the year that's why I'm praying hard that it isn't as serious as it probably seems.
-
Official NFL Thread
Everyone should also pray for Kevin Everett. (Bills reserve tight end) I saw the replay of his hit in the Bills-Broncos game and it was very serious. He just had surgery on his spine and his career is in serious jeporady. And it looks like the Bills got seriously beat up. They have a good list of injuries in just that one game. (you can see some to the right of the link I posted) Wite must be extremely proud.
-
Music Thread
QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 09:39 PM) I usually don't watch the VMA's cuz their garbage but was slightly interested in what Spears was gonna do. Awful, awful, awful. I can't even put it into words. Looks like Kanye was right considering his performance was pretty damn good. I didn't watch Spears though.(thank god)
-
September 9th: Minnesota vs. Chicago
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 03:51 PM) And that's a White Sox loser. Tampa won. We're within one game. Too bad Baltimore and Florida loss. We are currently tied for 3rd in the draft pick standings.
-
Official NFL Thread
I'm gonna pray tonight before I go to sleep for Mike Brown. He does not deserve this misfortune. It's a shame cause Lorenzo Neal should have at least had a penalty on that play where Brown got hurt. (horsecollar drag)
-
Films Thread
QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 12:33 AM) Not a good movie at all. I had high hopes for this movie after seeing the trailer and that leaked sex scene. After watching it I wanted to find a reason for liking it but I couldn't. It failed at everything Crank and to a lesser extent Smokin' Aces succeeded in. That was obviously a better movie IMHO. But like I said I'm an action type of guy who any action movies I see are good. No it's not an instant classic by all means (and to a lesser extent more of a movie for the "younger generation I.E. college students and such, but even some are critics of it. Or you can just say typical dumb people who like to see alot of shootings with no plot) but IMO, it was good.
-
2008 Amateur draft
QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 03:30 PM) well, as long as we get a top 3 pick, we should be able to get one of Pedro Alvarez or Justin Smoak. Or Brian Matusz.
-
Films Thread
I saw "Shoot Em Up" today and if your a fan of action packed movies (with comedy in it as well) I highly recommend it. IMO, it was pretty good. QUOTE(juddling @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 07:51 PM) here is a clip from the new movie "Shoot Em Up". It's got everything.....Clive Owen shooting at bad guys , Monica Bellucci having an orgasm.......heck it's got both at the same time!!!! Who could ask for more. Shoot Em Up.....NSFW I wasn't sure if I wanted to see the movie......now i think it has a chance. Ya I saw it today (which I believe today was the opening of the movie) And yes, you should see it. Damn good.
-
She looks perfectly fine to me
In the great words of Zapp Brannigan "What are you gay?"
-
2008 Amateur draft
QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:08 AM) Perhaps, but in the baseball draft, you always take the best player available regardless of position. Or just move him to another position (I.E. 1B/LF) considering Alverez isn't what you call a great defensive 3rd baseman (I've read average from minor league reports)
-
This is not good for Rick Ankiel
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 12:57 AM) I think people will be amazed at just how many players were/are doing HGH. Ditto. And Rick isn't exactly a "big" guy muscle wise or weight wise. Nobody would have thought Alex Sanchez would do it.. or Roger Clemens..
-
This is not good for Rick Ankiel
Rick Ankiel received 12-month supply of HGH Like I mentioned in the ASB thread, this will probably become even bigger national news. I seriously hope this is false but it looks to be true. It's a damn shame cause everyone as far as fans, players in baseball etc.. are rooting for Rick.
-
2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:33 PM) So how long do they wait before they make the movie? You might want to hold that thought. This is news here and will probably get even BIGGER if true which looks to be the case. Rick Ankiel received 12-month supply of HGH I might as well put this in it's own thread as it will probably have more national exposure which is a shame for Rick as everyone is rooting for him to succeed.
-
Official NFL Thread
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 11:30 PM) Yes. I'm very surprised that more Colt fans here didnt gloat more.
-
2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:41 PM) I'm an idiot. Cut and print.
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:50 PM) I believe Timo was a hit and an error hence they are both earned. That'll explain it. Tough luck for Bobby. Era jumped.
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:48 PM) At Vanderbilt??? Or in High School in California or at UCLA/South Carolina. We must wait till we get John Danks brother..
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:47 PM) Two unearned runs and the White Sox lose. Can we please get some hitters like Polanco. They better be unearned. On Gameday, it's two earned for Bobby.
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
I guess instead of "Winning Ugly" this year were "Losing Beautifully"
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
The #1 draft pick continues.
- Create a Band Name
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
Jenks blows a save.. BTW, Cintron blows.
-
Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:34 PM) why is this not on tv? Because you touch yourself at night.
-
Pool Table
QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 11:53 PM) Been meaning to ask for a long ass time... any one down for some sort of pool tournament? I'm down bro, but where in the living hell have you been?
-
Broadway/Phillips Called up too
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 09:30 PM) The Reds have Bailey, Votto, and Bruce.....that's three of the better prospects in baseball. Fathom is correct. In fact, went one of them just proved it. Off Topic, but Votto went 3-3 HR, RBI, BB, 2 R in his first big league start (PH a day eariler and K'd) Supposedly one of the better (perhaps the best) 1B prospect(s) comming out of the minors. I hope we get that type of impact player when he develops in 2+ years in the upcomming draft.