Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:37 PM) I respect your position on this, but like I asked, when are you going to give up next year and hope we again have the worst record in baseball? Where does it end for you? The Sox have won one world series in about 80 years or whatever. The odds are great they may not win another one in your lifetime. I mean we're talking odds here. So if the odds hold true, each year the team is not in contention are you going to spend most of the season hoping your team LOSES? That's my point. Why want your team to lose? It makes little sense. You played baseball. Don't you see the foolishness in wanting your team to be embarrassed in the hopes of getting a draft pick that could be David Clyde II??? Give me victories or give me death. The thing YOU are not getting man is that we did not want the sox to keep losing until we were basically out of the race. You think any of us had the mindset comming into 07 saying "Damn I hope we are one of the worst teams in the Majors so we can actually get the #1 pick." (who happens to be an Albert Pujols/A-Rod's left-handed reincarnation) This was when we were basically like 10+ games back in the best division in baseball. This is just ONE SEASON here. The sox have not had a losing season like this in years. YEARS. We all know that were gonna compete again next season, but there was waaaaay too many qustion marks comming into 07. Everyone here wants what is best for the team we love. I personally want to see the rookies succeed evaluating this season. It doesn't matter if we win the rest of the games left, were still getting a top 10 pick/are still one of the 10 WORST teams in baseball. You don't want to see us get another Frank Thomas for the 2010+ on? (And NO I'm not comparing Pedro to Frank Thomas but maybe he could have THAT same type of impact for us.
  2. QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:40 PM) Logan has not been great every outing this season. He's been horrid at times. And your just gonna be done with him like that? Basically what you saying is f*** this 23 year old kid (basically rookie/1st full season in the bigs) who is putting up a decent era, improved basically in every category this season and lefties have absolutely no chance against him. (Also consider he didn't even make the big league club even though he should have.) Let's not give him a chance next season to see him improve again and gain more experience, let's get rid of him.
  3. QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:32 PM) I've done that with Mike MacDougal, Ryan Buckvitch, Mike Myers (at least let the real Austin Powers take the mound instead of this hack), Thornton and Boonie Logan. WTF? And I'm not talking about your horrid grammar either.
  4. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 10:31 PM) You left out Baltimore, which I think is our biggest competition.... That's why I deleted my post even if it's more clear to read. Kalapse is the best man for the job. And, IMO, Florida is but I'll leave it at that.
  5. Did anyone catch Pence vs Marmol matchup. It's been a while since I've seen anyone get seriously PWNed like Pence did. He was trying to shuffle his feet just to make contact from Marmol's pitches. Wow.. He really doesn't like facing him.
  6. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:35 PM) Pitching to Aramis with an open base in the 9th? Can an interim manager be fired? Not like it matters...the Astros can't even make contact against the Cubs relievers. They are well in the race for the #1 pick.
  7. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:43 PM) What will it take to keep Gonzalez away from this franchise, a deportation? He was the first person in my life as a sox fan that I've yelled numerously whether it be "God you f***ing suck" or "Go to someone elses' minors and stay there" in nearly my 21 years living on this earth as a sox fan. Congrats Andy.
  8. Richar is having a pretty good game. Good to see the young rooks succeed.
  9. QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:22 PM) Carlos Lee with what may be a game-saving catch! I didn't know we had Carlos Lee back with us.
  10. Andy Gonzalez sucks seriously. It's also sad that Cora and Buehrle are just laughing their asses off at him.
  11. QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:17 PM) It's 9 pm on the first day of sales. Yea I'll be getting Kanye's album this weekend for sure. Hopefully he'll have billions more albums sold than 50 cause I don't wanna see that ugly ass mo'fo again.
  12. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:10 PM) Dear Hawk Harrelson, "Nintendo Tophand." You're f***ing kidding, right? It's funny cause Lance Broadway is 5x nastier (as far as stuff) than Paul Byrd.
  13. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:05 PM) Tampa is gonna lose to Boston. Yea I just heard it from Hawk. They blew a 7 run lead.
  14. If we lose, (which is looking very, very likely) we'll have sole position of last place for the first time all season if I'm not mistaken.
  15. Happy B-day to two of the "characters" of soxtalk. (and I mean that in a hellova good way) :cheers
  16. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 04:52 PM) Looks like Kevin Everett is going to walk again. Absolutely fantastic news. If true, thank goodness.
  17. Broadway gives up a run even though it was on Thornton. EDIT: And Jerry Owens.
  18. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 11:48 PM) Ben Wallace's 15 dollar sneakers for next season... I'll wear them proud. Even though for the first time, It'll be kinda weird cause Big Ben isn't a "star." I was use to saying "I got my MJs" or "I got my Iversons" now I gotta be like "I got my new Ben Wallaces b****es."
  19. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:10 AM) FWIW, the main reason I'm so big on having the 1st pick is due to the reports I had from a first-hand source at the Team USA tournament a few months ago. The reports said that Pedro Alvarez was far and away the best player, and it wasn't even close. The report also said that Danks was god awful, and Smauk is nothing special. What about Crawford and Matusz? (I know he's not a position prospect but still) Just curious BTW.
  20. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:04 AM) The only time I would say different is if we were talking about a guarantee at Lebron James or something along those lines in the NBA (and in that case its the lottery which makes that a crapshoot). Well in terms of the MLB, and from what I've read from scouts and rankings of prospects, Alvarez is "supposedly" as close of a Pujols/A-Rod from the left side as it gets.
  21. So... does Eli Manning have a separated shoulder? Yes or No. ESPN isn't even sure although Chris Mortenson is but the Giants front office isn't. EDIT: Orlando Pace's shoulder injury apperantly career threatening. (probably career ending)
  22. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:36 AM) Nice we kept pace with Florida and gamed a game on Tampa. UPDATED STANDINGS Tampa Bay 61-83 - GB Chicago 61-83 - GB Florida 61-83 - GB Baltimore 61-81 1.5 GB Kansas City 62-81 1.5 GB Houston 62-81 1.5 GB Pittsburgh 64-80 3 GB Washington 65-79 4 GB San Francisco 65-79 4 GB Texas 68-74 8 GB Oakland 70-75 8.5 GB
  23. 22 seconds, 2 timeouts remaining, SF just socred so it's 20-17 SF in the 4th. Matt Leinart has to lead his team either to FG range or a TD. Can the great Matt Leinart do it? EDIT: He just threw a pick. What a comeback for the 49ers.
  24. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:16 AM) And the best quote from a drunken fan. Hey Cleveland, our WNBA team is so much better than your WNBA team. LOL I know that's what I heard too but I thought I heard wrong. LMAO They are hilarious.
  25. The fans are hilarious! Mocking Cleveland. Broadway.. Whoa.. Not bad.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.