Two SoxTalk Icons Meet

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving right along...

John Shurholtz

I only write it a million times a day. It's Schuerholz. Shurholtz sounds like a gun holder or something.

To business!

Analyzing The Myths Behind GP and Flash Tizzle

Flash talks about Liriano nonstop 24/7

MYTH: he only mentions him when mentioned. And when the mood strikes. Important to note is that the mood doesn't strike 24/7.

Pratt talks about John Schuerholz 24/7

FALSE. He has to find time for Gavin Floyd and all the sexy people. Which brings us to a myth discussed at today's meeting:

Brokeback Pratt is an admission of homosexuality

FALSE. It is a reference to the time Gregory Pratt was thrown off a cow's back.

Flash Tizzle's real name is Flash Tizzle

False.

Gregory Pratt's real name is Roy Pratt.

False.

Flash Tizzle looks like Ji

Jim Thome

TRUF.

Seriously.

White people from Palos Heights burn easy

TRUE.

Gregory Pratt is much older than 18 and is in fact a poseur.

FALSE.

Flash Tizzle spends his summers in the Latin jungle.

INCONCLUSIVE, but general thought is FALSE: Flash burns far too easy for that. Perhaps that is the White Sox organization's excuse?

--

Really, we met in the Library, went for a walk to the Student Center, scared a friend of mine who I didn't initially recognize (more like very friendly acquaintance, I guess), found a place to sit, chatted about baseball and life (police work, current events, Board members, relationships with people not named Flash Tizzle or Gregory Pratt), turned each other's sexual propositions down only to wonder why the other was rejecting the advances, bid each other farewell.

About the only thing I like better about other message boards as opposed to this one is that there seems to be a wider array of people who go to the games together and hang out on some sites than on this one. Clearly, I've always tried to change that by inviting people who I know are in the city, at my school, in the neighborhood I went to high school, season ticket holders or people I know are attending a certain game, etc. etc. Because a message board is a community of sorts. And while, of course, there are people you don't like, it's rather interesting to meet someone from the board and say hello.

Flash commented that I'm much more articulate than he expected. I don't think it was a crack about him thinking I'm dumb, but generally, when I think of people from this site, there are a variety of things I think of, and you do, too, as stereotypes are ingrained into our subconscious. You know, "Internet losers," which undoubtedly some people are, but overall, a message board is a place where real people have real exchanges about things and sometimes, especially with people whose usernames don't betray their identity, you see a very real, but very hidden side of someone's personality, be it their anger or their resentments or their fears or the their perversions or hte things that make them happy. Anonymity is a great mask and that's my guess as to why people don't meet from this place more often, even if it isn't just for a few minutes to say hello at the ballpark.

But really, it was a pleasant experience. Flash is as I expected (intelligent, friendly, funny). Except for the fact that he is Jim Thome's face.

I believe I called in chat that Pratt would be the first one to bring to make the thread. I was also the one who told Flash to ask about the whole Brokeback Pratt thing.

Oh yeah, flash and I live about a block away from each other and still haven't met. Probably for the better.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know why, but I've always imagined flash looking like Jim Thome minus the hugeness. Funny that he actually does.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
I believe I called in chat that Pratt would be the first one to bring to make the thread. I was also the one who told Flash to ask about the whole Brokeback Pratt thing.

Oh yeah, flash and I live about a block away from each other and still haven't met. Probably for the better.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know why, but I've always imagined flash looking like Jim Thome minus the hugeness. Funny that he actually does.

He touched my foot.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
But really, it was a pleasant experience. Flash is as I expected (intelligent, friendly, funny). Except for the fact that he is Jim Thome's face.

R U SRIOUS?

I look nothing like Jim Thome -- except for the fact we're both white. Why are you trying to mislead everyone into thinking my jaw can cut steel? :bang :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
Moving right along...

I only write it a million times a day. It's Schuerholz. Shurholtz sounds like a gun holder or something.

To business!

Analyzing The Myths Behind GP and Flash Tizzle

Flash talks about Liriano nonstop 24/7

MYTH: he only mentions him when mentioned. And when the mood strikes. Important to note is that the mood doesn't strike 24/7.

Pratt talks about John Schuerholz 24/7

FALSE. He has to find time for Gavin Floyd and all the sexy people. Which brings us to a myth discussed at today's meeting:

Brokeback Pratt is an admission of homosexuality

FALSE. It is a reference to the time Gregory Pratt was thrown off a cow's back.

Flash Tizzle's real name is Flash Tizzle

False.

Gregory Pratt's real name is Roy Pratt.

False.

TRUF.

Seriously.

White people from Palos Heights burn easy

TRUE.

Gregory Pratt is much older than 18 and is in fact a poseur.

FALSE.

Flash Tizzle spends his summers in the Latin jungle.

INCONCLUSIVE, but general thought is FALSE: Flash burns far too easy for that. Perhaps that is the White Sox organization's excuse?

--

Really, we met in the Library, went for a walk to the Student Center, scared a friend of mine who I didn't initially recognize (more like very friendly acquaintance, I guess), found a place to sit, chatted about baseball and life (police work, current events, Board members, relationships with people not named Flash Tizzle or Gregory Pratt), turned each other's sexual propositions down only to wonder why the other was rejecting the advances, bid each other farewell.

About the only thing I like better about other message boards as opposed to this one is that there seems to be a wider array of people who go to the games together and hang out on some sites than on this one. Clearly, I've always tried to change that by inviting people who I know are in the city, at my school, in the neighborhood I went to high school, season ticket holders or people I know are attending a certain game, etc. etc. Because a message board is a community of sorts. And while, of course, there are people you don't like, it's rather interesting to meet someone from the board and say hello.

Flash commented that I'm much more articulate than he expected. I don't think it was a crack about him thinking I'm dumb, but generally, when I think of people from this site, there are a variety of things I think of, and you do, too, as stereotypes are ingrained into our subconscious. You know, "Internet losers," which undoubtedly some people are, but overall, a message board is a place where real people have real exchanges about things and sometimes, especially with people whose usernames don't betray their identity, you see a very real, but very hidden side of someone's personality, be it their anger or their resentments or their fears or the their perversions or hte things that make them happy. Anonymity is a great mask and that's my guess as to why people don't meet from this place more often, even if it isn't just for a few minutes to say hello at the ballpark.

Wow, have yourself a day Pratt.