Two SoxTalk Icons Meet

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
kap, ss2k5 and I went to a Ranger's game once...

THAT'S Iconic

Kap, ss2k5 and I brought a championship to SoxTalk with Northside and Tito (Brian, as I call him). I don't know how many of those guys are icons, but we brought a championship to a championship-starved website -- it had been, after all, over a year since the last championship came to SoxTalk. And so we deserve jobs for life, even if we aren't all "icons." (Really, I use the term icon as a joke. Flash first used it to describe our meeting in the chatroom and I got a kick out of it. Kap, ss2k5 and Northside are staples and so they're icons.) I liked them. It was good to be teammates with them. I hope we do it again this year. I've been hounding Flash for awhile now that he's got to be on the team. And you know what? Assuming he has a clue how to swing a bat, he should be a masher because he's big and strong enough.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Kap, ss2k5 and I brought a championship to SoxTalk with Northside and Tito (Brian, as I call him). I don't know how many of those guys are icons, but we brought a championship to a championship-starved website -- it had been, after all, over a year since the last championship came to SoxTalk. And so we deserve jobs for life, even if we aren't all "icons." (Really, I use the term icon as a joke. Flash first used it to describe our meeting in the chatroom and I got a kick out of it. Kap, ss2k5 and Northside are staples and so they're icons.) I liked them. It was good to be teammates with them. I hope we do it again this year. I've been hounding Flash for awhile now that he's got to be on the team. And you know what? Assuming he has a clue how to swing a bat, he should be a masher because he's big and strong enough.

We'll have WSI asking "Where is our Flash Tizzle at?"

I can't wait for the softball game next year. You guys really missed out who didn't go. Seriously.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
Well, I don't know if I can make that one. It seems like it will get harder and harder for little one to fly as she gets older, until she's 5 or 6 when it's cool. :lol:

Up the dose of baby Tylenol.. :ph34r:

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Up the dose of baby Tylenol.. :ph34r:

:lolhitting

Yea, that didn't work so good a couple of weeks ago when we had to fly . . . but she was soooooo tired that she had herself wired and wouldn't sleep. She screamed for 15 minutes after take-off and then fell asleep, even through the landing.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:56 AM)
Yea, that didn't work so good a couple of weeks ago when we had to fly . . . but she was soooooo tired that she had herself wired and wouldn't sleep. She screamed for 15 minutes after take-off and then fell asleep, even through the landing.

Try switching to baby Motrin. The doc's claim it's better. Also a trick we learned was headphones with "baby music". Some kids hate things on their heads or in their ears so that wont work if she's like that. But both grandkids here respond awesome to that. Lifesaver in resturants.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
Try switching to baby Motrin. The doc's claim it's better. Also a trick we learned was headphones with "baby music". Some kids hate things on their heads or in their ears so that wont work if she's like that. But both grandkids here respond awesome to that. Lifesaver in resturants.

Actually you can alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. We know all those tricks. :D

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Actually you can alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. We know all those tricks. :D

I still get scared that I am going ot f*** something up on that cycle and kill the guys but that is really the way to go. The older guy is out of this stuff, younger guy a year more.

Every two hours one or the other.

Side note, I spent innings 5-9 of WS Game 3 in the Emergency Room waiting room with my son, when he finally fell asleep before seeing the doctor we left and I saw the end at home and woke him up with a scream courtesy of Geoff Blum and an asshole for Uribe on the error. Motrin and Tylenol took care of the issue. I was on edge watching the game and this gave me something to do. We probably didn't even have to go. Watched the game with a couple of hot nurses though, I was dad of the year.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
I still get scared that I am going ot f*** something up on that cycle and kill the guys but that is really the way to go. The older guy is out of this stuff, younger guy a year more.

Every two hours one or the other.

Side note, I spent innings 5-9 of WS Game 3 in the Emergency Room waiting room with my son, when he finally fell asleep before seeing the doctor we left and I saw the end at home and woke him up with a scream courtesy of Geoff Blum and an asshole for Uribe on the error. Motrin and Tylenol took care of the issue. I was on edge watching the game and this gave me something to do. We probably didn't even have to go. Watched the game with a couple of hot nurses though, I was dad of the year.

:lol:

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)

Serious advice to all... Write it down. That way in two hours when you are too damned tired and worn out to remember what you did before, it is there for you to check. It makes things much easier.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
Serious advice to all... Write it down. That way in two hours when you are too damned tired and worn out to remember what you did before, it is there for you to check. It makes things much easier.

I found a neat little timer on one of the baby supply sites. It's made/approved by the red cross and it's very helpful for middle of the night wake ups due to teething.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
What Jim are we missing? JimH? Different Jim?

Yea JimH and Quickman. They were with us one year in Milwaukee and it was seriously one of the most entertaining games ever :lol:.

MG is that that game you are thinking of also?

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
Yea JimH and Quickman. They were with us one year in Milwaukee and it was seriously one of the most entertaining games ever :lol:.

MG is that that game you are thinking of also?

The very same game. It was a great time. :cheers I don't Milwaukee has been the same since.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
The very same game. It was a great time. :cheers I don't Milwaukee has been the same since.

Everytime we go up to the suite Bill always asks... "do you still talk to those 2 guys that came with you a few years ago.. ya remember the ones that had an opinion on EVERYTHING..." :lolhitting

• 2 months later...

About a month ago, Flash and I met again for a general conversation about some things outside of baseball and then baseball. When that conversation was ending and we were walking off, someone comes running up to me yelling,

"Pratt! You asshole! You asshole!"

I turn and we stop to wait for him.

"You asshole! You f***ing asshole!"

I didn't skip a beat. Just said, "Henry, this is Flash, my Life Partner." ["Henry"'s name has been changed to protect his identity; he is not a SoxTalker. Dude doesn't even like baseball!] (They shook hands and then Henry turns back to me.)

"Asshole!"

"Umm, what's up?"

"Yeah, hey listen, I should run," Flash says, and he was on his way out anyway (we were at our place of departure).

"See you Flash," I say, and turn to Mr. Henry.

"What's up?"

"YOU TOOK THE WORD JACKASS OUT OF ONE OF MY ARTICLES BUT PUT THE WORD 'ASS' IN YOURS! YOU ASSHOLE, I love you, you're so sinister."

Was very funny to be walking with Flash and have one of my writers come up to me yelling and then praising me for being "sinister". It was nothing of the sort, but it was certainly entertaining.

Didn't see Flash since then until today when I was talking with my Communist friends and Flash came over as I was leaving the building and yelled, "Pratt! Hey Pratt!" I stopped and turned, wondering who it was and it was Flash! "Yo, buddy, what's up?" and we walked and talked about life and baseball.

Lots of fun.