Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
That Toews kid is pretty damn good. He and Kane with the other young guys (Buf, Seabs Keith, etc..) are fun to watch (and this is comming from a guy who hates, yes, hates hockey) I don't care what sport it is, if your young, usually your exciting to watch. I've secretly watched the last four games..
-
Sox-Fest Q&A thread
Did you actually believe your 29th ranked farm system had enough talent to get M. Cabrera (aka the "big fish"?)
-
Sox non-tender Gonzalez, Phillips
This is the best move the sox have made this offseason and I'm including the Quentin trade.
-
Sig
totijhfg Fun little fact. Steve9347 and I are the only posters who had a curse word grandfathered in (My Brian "f***ing" anderson old sig and his King "s***" of sox mountain below his avatar)
-
Where in the world is......
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 04:20 AM) i was expecting something about carmen sandiego QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 02:09 PM) ME TOO!!!!! Where is ol Carmen? QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 12:50 AM) He's probably with Carmen San Diego or Waldo. Great minds think alike.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Went to my first "for real" club yesterday (this girl I know turned 21) and I must say I had a hellova time. Got drunk (of course I'm like the definition of the word, been doing it since I was like 13 and one of the best on soxtalk ) talked to lots of females (plenty of single potential ) dance with a few women, and hooked up with this chick that goes to UIC. (.... giggady) Only downer was my friend I invited was a party pooper, a buzz kill, and a cock block all in one that night (he didn't do anything and basically cut my night short too early). But all in all... good night. I love being 21. Love it. Can't wait till I go to several other clubs in the hopefully soon future.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
I love Gilbert.
-
Erik Bedard
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 03:32 PM) Ace pitchers are is dominant and durable. Giggady.
-
Telling note about Brian Anderson
BA with his golden manlocks and mean left hook can only help us in the future either way you slice it. You better respect him.
-
Time to up the ante: Sign Bonds to a 1yr deal
s***, you know I'm down.
-
Pablo
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 01:25 AM) If 33 is young then sure, he fits the bill. Some older posters here will hate you now.
-
OMGWTFBBQ! Half-Man, Half-Pimp Available!
Somebody already beat you to it..
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
Didnt see the game, but it looks like Duhon was damn good.
-
You knew it was coming
QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:12 AM) -I think you are a sad excuse for a GM. Thats not a question..
-
Do we need a philosophical change?
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 02:29 PM) Or, you know, we could have drafted one in 2004... Still grinds my gears till this day.
-
Who would you rather have as a bench player ?
Pablo, and I don't have to second guess it.
-
Carter Traded to AZ for Carlos Quentin
Another future sox interviewer gone. It is a curse I'm afraid..
-
Sox Acquire Carlos Quentin for Chris Carter; DFA Heath Phillips
Love this deal. I love Carter, but Quentin is damn good. Hopefully he isn't trade bait.
-
Will the rebuilt Twins finish ahead of the goinforitall Sox?
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 02:00 AM) He's usually listed as 5'11, but people on here have said that they figure him to be about 5'8 or 5'9, which is super short; b****.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
AK-47 is just a sexy stat freak.
-
Miscellaneous "MLB" Trade Notes
QUOTE(rockren @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 11:44 PM) I hate to say it, but the Twins won out big in this one. Delmon is as talented as it gets. Delmon is the kind of guy you'd hope to headline a list of prospects in a deal where you deal Santana.....let alone Garza. I'll just respectfully disagree, but I do understand your input.
-
Sean Taylor~~ Rest In Peace
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 09:27 PM) It's just part of a sick cycle that is so hard to explain, yet you know it when you see it. It's even sadder when you see it seems Sean was trying to turn his life around, but South Florida can be a VERY dangerous place, especially if you have a problematic past, because bad people never forget and always seem to seek out revenge. I always want to say that these guys need to learn to disassociate themselves from the bad people and bad neighborhoods, but I would assume it can't just be that easy to forget everything you knew growing up, which is why this issue is really much bigger, and is about just how sad and out of control violence is on the streets. I just wish Taylor would have more intensly heeded the warning a week ago when the robbers left a knife on the bed, maybe he'd still be here. RIP. This is an amazing post. I also saw the rumor (likely true) is that Clinton Portis (who, besides family, is probably the closest to Taylor) is gonna change his number from 26 to 21 in honor of him.
-
Sean Taylor~~ Rest In Peace
24 years old is too damn young. Period. What a talent he was too. RIP.
-
Sox shouldn't center focus on 1 guy
QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:33 PM) sorry, sorry... bad idea as usual.. Hey, my 10,000th post!!! It only took 3 yrs...
-
Sox are Miggy dark horse.
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 04:25 PM) Mathis is a solid catching prospect Jesus wite....