Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 09:13 PM) Gagne was better, he died a closer's death. Troy Percival, Robb Nen, Matt Mantei, Armando Benitez, Eddie Guardado, Keith Foulke all had their arms blow up in one manner or another. K-Rod is due. Other than Foulke and maybe Guardado (whispers about him though) what do they all have in common? Performance inhancers. Why talk about the "dime n dozen" crap? Hoffman (lost velocity, still gets hitters out, change-up like no other) Wagner (still brings it) Oldies like Lee Smith, Goose, Tanks etc. Jury is still out if they're (players who are playing now) clean of course but willing to bet they probably are. Not all relievers (or failed starters) have the stones to pitch with, most of the time, a game on the line. Not all succeed. Unless there's a stud closer, if Jenks sucks/gets serious injury, or if we groom a closer, I don't see why we shouldn't extend him 4+ years from now when he's restricted or whatever. Bobby's pin/screw/barely holding arm/whatever else is one of the most overrated things I've read on this board with Konerko's chronic/arthritic/no hip being number two (as Garland's knot is gone) It just puts a big f you to a guy like Farve for example despite having one of his best seasons as an "old man" for a sport that you use basically every damn bone in your body to play. He's not Belle, his hip isn't going to die and he's not 50+ years old. Konerko is declining of course (esp. HR numbers) but he's still pretty damn good. Good points of course, just trying to kinda stir up alittle bit here. /rant
  2. The Oregon-USC game is fun to watch.
  3. I like this one. Thought this was interesting too..
  4. QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 06:29 PM) I am assuming they want to see them get some action during the All Star Break. Skille will probably be recalled on Monday. Thats what I'm thinking as well.
  5. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 06:15 PM) Hmm. I thought Skille looked like he was adjusting to the NHL pretty well. I don't know much about hockey, but I thought so too. He was a favorite of mine to watch. Maybe because this is because of the all-star game n they'll be back afterwards? IDK.
  6. If true, thats an interesting twist.
  7. I am the lone poster here on soxtalk at 4:38 in the morning... It's official, my life is sad.
  8. SoxAce posted a topic in FutureSox Board
    Interesting read as far as the article.http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=705 Got Jenks' name in there as well.
  9. QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 08:55 PM) Position: Defenseman Shoots: Left Height: 6' 6" Weight: 235 Born: Jun 24 '75 (Age 32) Phonetic (Mah-LEEK) Born in: Ostrava, Czech Republic NYR Season: 2nd NHL Season: 12th Drafted: Hartford's 3rd round choice, 72nd overall, in 1993 Acquired: Signed as a free agent on August 2, 2005. Gracias.
  10. How old is Malik? My computer is turbo slow. (virus)
  11. Agreed. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 03:20 PM) The new Gatorade G2s are awesome. And... Agreed.
  12. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 05:53 PM) Obviously not. But I think the way Floyd finished off 2007 compared to Danks is still fresh in people's minds when comparing the 2. To most here yes. Then there's some posters here, including myself, that like Danks more as a pitcher/more potential/more confidence in/whatever reason.
  13. Your the man as usual Kalapse.
  14. Chi-Town... other posters here said enough. Miami- the beautiful women there is beyond imagination. (pretty women in Chicago would be considered "average" there) I had a hellova time there Philly- great tour sight, got relatives that live there (even though the houses blow) n nothing taste better than a REAL Philly cheese steak New York- Went when the two towers were still there (still got pics ) excellent tour sight. Never would want to live there n too conjusted, but a hellova time. Going at night (not too late though) is something too see. NY hot dog is not too shabby. Alabama/Mont.- Not sure if it counts, but I love it there. Got relatives n you feel at peace cuz it's open. People down south think they can party like us... not even close. I got others but those stick out. Ima probably go to Atlanta next year (09) EDIT: Onterio was cool too. Niagra (sp?) Falls, cool water parks and such.
  15. No, No, No, No, god no. I've seen alot of boards suggesting Lowry who is highly overrated and I laugh. Unless we sell high and ship him out, I do not want him on our team (Broadway, IMO, could put up the same, probably better numbers as a rookie in LR or 5th starter than Lowry who wouldn't pitch half/most of his games in a pitcher's park anymore or in the NL.) I'll give him created though, he's pitches left-handed which is pretty cool.
  16. SoxAce replied to Dick Allen's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(The Beast @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 07:45 PM) I just remember seeing him come in last season with the bases loaded and striking out the side. I thought that was very cool. Thanks for that thrill, Aardsma. That memory sticks out to most. Made El Duque wanna blush. David has damn good stuff minus his straight, but hard, fastball. Just got his mental midget head twisted. That Cubs series really f***ed him up.
  17. SoxAce replied to fathom's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 09:19 PM) He was good in "The Patriot" The one movie where I instantly thought of from him. It's a damn shame. RIP.
  18. Pujols clearing up "false" reports
  19. QUOTE(Shadows @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:31 PM) Crush is hott Sexiest one by far.
  20. SoxAce replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:48 PM) Agreed, but after listening a few more times I've been able to figure out most, if not everything about the characters. Gonna get the album next week myself. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Gotta be a fan of Lupe Fiasco.
  21. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:52 PM) Good thing no one lives in North Dakota. Who the hell would, honestly.
  22. Depends on his medical reports. If his velocity is there or at least close, and if he's pitching pain free, then I would be all for it. Especially if Danks and/or Floyd (who scares me) isn't getting it done. Freddy is a gamer.
  23. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:27 PM) The offense should be better than OK with the addition of Cabrera and Swisher, although the leadoff spot is still a concern. Don't forget Quentin who will be a HUGE wildcard. Better than the Pods/Erstad/Gonzalez/Owens (even though he's not "crap") we threw out there. He is a significant upgrade. But all in all... your 100% correct.
  24. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:05 PM) Love it. I'm actually starting to get excited about this team, that scares me. Ditto. Still iffy on the starting pitching, but this team could actually could surprise alot of people.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.