Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2008 Possible Career Milestones
From this post, Mike (aka ss2k5) only needs 907 posts to reach 50,000.
-
Yep, I'm going to suggest it.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 06:12 PM) After 23 posts, someone had to say it. Well earlier in the thread, it was mostly talk about CPat. I never even had Weaver in mind cuz he's horrid. I thought quickman put an end to this debate for both players mentioning Scott Bora$.
-
Compulsions and Superstitions
Basically the b-ball and door locked in bathroom already covered. I gotta wash my hands for anything job/food/bathroom/party/whatever. I always take a pack of gum (or buy one) when I'm going out. Every time I wake up, I always have to pet my dog. I always have to have a beer first when I'm at a party, or its bad luck. There's others but can't think of them now.
-
Official NFL Thread
I'll say congrats to Strahan since he might be one of the rare players I like on that team.
-
Yep, I'm going to suggest it.
QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 08:12 PM) Average arm is polite. Yea I didn't want to say below average. Thought I'd be generous. Corey does have his moments.
-
Yep, I'm going to suggest it.
QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 07:29 PM) You can stick Patterson in all 3 outfield spots. Owens can only play 1, maybe 2. My dog has a better arm then him. Have you seen Corey's range? Not to mention his average arm. I thought about range for Corey, but... no.
-
ozzie looking at colon
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 06:33 PM) So...in addition...you can also figure that the K.C. Royals took a look at Bartolo, evaluated his health and asking price, and decided that giving $3 million to Brett Tomko would be a better decision. That's the last place team, the team that spent $55 million on Gil Meche...turning their back on Bartolo Colon, and deciding that Tomko would work better. Please just stop asking for this guy people. The ROYALS don't want him. Please keep that in mind. Don't you ever figure WHY they're in last place all the time despite a strong division and they're one fluke season where they played over their heads? Maybe because their front office makes stupid ass decisions. Take this offseason. J. Guillen? (not to mention his usage and the insane mount of doe they gave him) Tomko? Your kidding me right? Even a 50% Colon is better than Brett freakin Tomko who is beyond terrible. Whose next for K.C. Jeff Weaver? W.S. here they come.
-
Yep, I'm going to suggest it.
Other than power, $$, and arm strength, I don't see what Patterson does that is superior to Owens who has improved each year when he was in the minors and during his second stint here.
-
Official NFL Thread
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 07:06 PM) In Steve's defense, his prediction hinged on LT playing. Technically, he did play (got hurt later) but probably wouldn't have been that much of a difference. Point is, it takes balls and is a mistake (not smart) to bet against NE. Pratt's been saying that from the get-go. It looks like only Farve (mind you GB and NY are still playing now) stands in Brady's way.
-
Official NFL Thread
Steve's prediction was 10x worse than mine. Least I could say mine through the Colts beating the Pats or a SD upset.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:11 PM) Thefolosha makes some bad turnovers on offense it seems but he is a great defender, was breaking Baron Davis's legs all night the other day, and gets a lot of rebounds. When Kirk gets back... I might like a starting lineup of Thabo with him. I got home late today, but I did catch the 4th quarter and Kirk was playing tonight. What an effort by Noah (aka Tyson part II with a higher b-ball IQ) n Sefo whose really been comming on. He's still improving n shuting up his critics. He's been damn good the last few games. We probably will see some more Sefo. Duhon got injured n it could be serious.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
This team is on a mission.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
Lang 0-4 career in shootouts gets the GW. Wow.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 08:51 PM) Is the game even on tv? CSN+
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 08:42 PM) Man, I'm not trying to be Mr. Badass. Take it easy. You were wrong, you're still wrong, and if you want to talk about it, do so IN the NBA thread instead of bringing it up in here. Nice of you to repeat my post. Ugh... Ima PM you in a few on what I'm talking about here. We'll talk in private. But usually I would just watch any other game. It feels strange for me to watch hockey games. I'll PM you about this as well.
-
2008 Possible Career Milestones
JD would need to have a MONSTER year (ala 06) to put up those numbers.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
How good has Kane been lately? Nice pass by Havlet. 1-0 Hawks.
-
Crede Avoids Arb. - Signs 1 Yr Deal
QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 07:24 PM) Sorry. I misread the original comment. As far as my avatar goes... http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwSOx_FYZkc Enjoy. P.I.M.P
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 07:23 PM) Don't know if that's exactly fair to just state that you figured out sometimes I just don't "get it" when half of Bulls nation would agree with me and presumably more. The Bulls giving up on Tyson at 23 so they could sign an old guy whom they wanted to do the exact same thing but for 5 mill more per year is still rather questionable. No doubt Tyson has benefited from Chris Paul, and it was also understandable that Paxson wanted to get Wallace from the Pistons to take us to the next level. I was just saying that I adored Tyson and didn't really understand the move, and it's looking like (regardless if Paul is on his team or not), Chandler is the much more valuable commodity as he continues to grow into his body. Please do not turn this thread into an NBA thread. If you wanna be mr. badass smart guy, then re-up the post in the NBA thread or PM me and we'll talk about it. (I will obviously say your wrong in that aspect, other than saying what I posted about Paul in your second paragraph) You do know your hockey, which is why I thanked you n others in my post. I want to learn more about the game, players, etc. Just drop the b.s.
-
Soxtalk Top Ten Prospect List
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 12:58 PM) How is Miranda not in that Top 10? And I have a really hard time putting a 16-year-old in the Top 10. I wonder how much BA actually knows about the kid. Yea I believe it was Bureau who put it best that BA might only get one pick right which is obvious (possibly/sometimes the first two) but after that it's basically moot. IMHO, the two guys in the quote in my sig based on potential, should/would be well up there. (I'm not even counting Griffith or Silverio)
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 06:57 PM) No -- you make the same stupid ass comments time and time again. I could care less that it's Krush -- it's when unreasonable people like yourself start insinuating and looking for stuff that isn't there. You have a history of doing this exact same thing -- is it that difficult to be a reasonable person? Apparently so... So yes -- get a f***ing clue. Understandable. Steve, your an awsome poster n you do know your sports but sometimes you don't "get it" (kinda figured that out when I was trying to explain to you the Tyson C. debate, but just didn't bother anymore cuz you weren't getting it.) But I gotta thank all of you guys for your knowledge on hockey especially considering I'm just learning the game and really wasn't into it/hated the game until this season (mostly thanks to the young guys) So Andrew, Keith, Tony, Steve, Jeff, Mike etc.. etc.. on this board in this hockey thread.... thank you.
-
The Official Soxtalk True Drunk Stories Thread
QUOTE(ROC Sox Fan @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:25 PM) I woke up in a girl's bed last semester and she told me I got up and peed on her chair in the middle of the night. Apparently that wasn't any reason not to let me back in her bed though. Don't get black out drunk. Happens to the best of us bro. I once blacked out (was high as well) peed on myself and some random chick who was passed out earlier, a "friend" of mine peed in a 40 and I basically drank it, threw up in my friend's car, got into a fight (I forgot why) made out with a chick (...giggady and discusting for her hehe) passed out, woke up in her bed (I thought I did the deed) and I saw another girl by my leg (thought it was a hellova night) then looked again n it wasn't a girl. It was some rocker dude with long hair who my friends tease me and said he played with my pee-pee. I proceded to throw-up one last time. (Two other people got arrested that night but thats another story.) Best and worst night/party of my life. (it's been... 4 years now, I was 17) I got a couple of other crazy ones though. QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 11:24 AM) welcome back to soxtalk posting fun with hi8is lol When the hell are we gonna drink man? I gotta buy you a drink sometime, then we breed with Katy... fo eva.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
QUOTE(gbuk @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:50 PM) Now for a legit post since I don't watch too much of the Bulls, how much has Tyrus been playing since the Boylan era began? Dude should definitely get a bunch of PT, clearly one of the best options down low. Really not much (you could say that for most of the young kids from the shortened rotation) but him mostly. It's a damn shame cuz to me he's fun to watch. He's still raw though in his game so he's non-existant down low but it will come in time if he puts in the work. I'm one of the biggest (if not the biggest, defend his ass alot) on the board so it's coo to see another fan of his.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
We have an Ozzie Guillen sighting.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
QUOTE(gbuk @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:38 PM) Your protege that's who. And I'm ya daddy nugga. This game needs more Tyrus though but Sefo is lookin damn good.