Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2007 Post ASB White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 12:40 AM) It stems back to when Raul Casanova was called up when the 40 man expanded a few years ago over Ben Davis, I think. That was the worst day of my life since Reed was traded. Ben Davis was an absolute beast.
-
Thome Season Total
QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:41 PM) Lol - I'm not trying to make anything out of it. I'm just ensuring my point was clarified since you had a difference in opinion. Naw not at all. We're on the same page here.
-
Thome Season Total
QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:35 PM) What's the difference, you want him to hit the foul pole or something? As long as he can hit homeruns to both sides of the field with authority, I don't see any downside to hitting to left center vs. left. If anything it's better, he's slashing the gaps. I was obviously kidding gep. I wasn't trying to make anything out of nothing like what your doing here.
-
Official Hate for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:35 PM) Matt Wise's ERA after the ASB was over 7 coming into this game. There's so much stuff I want to say right now about what I hope happens, but that would probably get me banned. You can PM it to me if you wanna get it off your chest and I'll play Dr. Phil for ya.
-
Thome Season Total
QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 10:26 PM) 501 was as well. Since when did Left-Center Field become the same as Left Field? It's been a while for Thome though. He's been hitting his homers from Right Field, Right Center, Center Field, and Left-Center Field recently. Not sure if he's hit one to left this season, but he still does have those bodacious muscles of his to do so ei"g"her way. BTW: I know im nit-picking I know Left Center is at the Left side of the field.
-
The Battle For Last Place in the AL Central
Look's like I'm 1-0 in game threads for '07. And it looks like I messed up our chance for Pedro.
-
The Battle For Last Place in the AL Central
Contreras goes for victory # 10 (and to get his trade value up) against possible AL rookie of the year cannidate Brian Bannister. Surprisingly, this is my first game thread this year (9-4 last season) so hopefully... eh.. go rookies! Game Time: 7:10 p.m. CSN
-
WOOT! THREE WAY TIE FOR LAST PLACE IN MLB!
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 02:21 PM) What is really crazy is that no team will lose 100 games this year. Strange. I guess parody has arrived in MLB. If there is one thing that I'm excited about this organization as far as losing, I'm excited that we won't lose 100 games. That's just beyond terrible.
-
Another example of human garbage
QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 10:13 PM) You don't hurt kids or infants unless there is something really f***ing wrong with you. Now that's really an interesting statement, considering what you mean. Of course anyone, who in any way shape or form hurts an infant they are f***ed up. But a kid/young child is different considering some parents believe in discipline. (not that child abuse bullcrap of course) And I must say that's what I believe in also considering I have been discipline and I'm glad now that I was considering that I know my parents were looking out what's best for me and the stuff that I did which I had no buisness doing (it really teaches you alot in life.) Just wanted to differ opinions there in "hurt".
-
About Your Bed
I'm a lazy ass. So basically almost never.
-
2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread
I hate the Cubs......... and Len Casper.
-
Jerry Owens
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:57 PM) There is no way it will be Fields in LF and Owens in CF. Anyway, I think you're screwed if you bet anyone on Owens in CF on opening day. I believe the Sox open in Cleveland, and Jerry isn't going to be the first batter CC Sabathia faces in 2008. Of course not, It'll be Pablo Ozuna. Other than that, I agree with you.
-
Chi Sox vs. K.C Royals
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:49 PM) If Juan were a 24 year old with less than 170 major league ABs, making the league minimum that would be a resounding yes. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
-
Jerry Owens
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:41 PM) Thankfully...there's no where for Erstad to play if that happens. Anyway...mark my words...Jerry Owens is going to be the CF and Leadoff hitter for this team on opening day next year. Actually I don't mind that as much as anyone else (Well... hopefully LF not CF) as long as we get a good SS and/or CF (I'd rather see Owens in the 9th spot where I'd think he would have a pretty decent season, hopefully 40-50 bags swiped) rather it be through trade or FA. (probably CF since it's going to be very deep) A young, healthier Owens who actually knows how to steal bases, will probably improve in his offense as he usually does (as history tells us from his minor league days) and definitely more range (even though his arm IMO, is weaker than Pods) is our upgraded Scott Podsednik. But like I said, hopefully as a 4th outfielder but I won't HATE it if he was our starting LF.
-
Chi Sox vs. K.C Royals
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:02 PM) Danny Richar's current line for the season: .236/.304/.444/.748 Flat out ri-f***ing-diculous. Just got another hit so that line of his will improve. 3-5, HR, 2 RBIs, 3B, 2 R Horrible.
-
Jerry Owens
Owens would look damn good as a 4th OF next season that's for damn sure. Can play CF, LF, steal a base at will late, and can hit in his own right at this level. If you wanna talk about someone on a tear that's young, look at Richar. He's been ridiculous this month especially considering what he was doing prior to this month. And Josh Fields is still proving me right about him being the only 1st round pick the sox have drafted in recent years that's going to make it. (I even called him a future star)
-
Chi Sox vs. K.C Royals
Holy crap I saw Javy's pitching line. I Javy. It's been a while since we've seen a sox pitcher with 200 strikeouts in a season. (If I'm not mistaken since Loaiza's dominant year.)
-
Chi Sox vs. K.C Royals
I just got home. How the hell did we score 11 friggin runs?!?! But then again, I saw the team were playnig but was still surprised considering this is our OFFENSE.
-
Official NFL Thread
QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 10:32 PM) Man I wish the Bears would have went after David Carr. Grossman sucks, but Griese is probably just as bad. I might be in the minority here, but in my opinion, I would rather see Orton in there who at least is very young, has potential and still could have a future here.
-
Can anyone explain this?
Best. Baseball. Fight. Eva!
-
Thome's Quest for 500
Congrats Thome!! I'm glad I witnessed his 500th (and Hester's return ) before I went to work today. I must admit, I nearly teared up for a second there. Congrats Big Jim. I'm glad I saw it live and I'm glad I am a part of this thread.
-
#500 as a walk off, is this a first??
QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 08:32 PM) Buehrle no-no Jenks tying the record. Thome 500 walk off. burn the rest of the video. Don't forget Buehrle's 100th career win. BTW, is it just me or is it that people who are catching these milestones aren't even from around that city or rooting for that team (Thome's 500th, Bonds 756th) etc..
-
RB pick 2
IMO man, it should eigher be Bush or MJD. I personally wouldn't trust the rookie Peterson against a team who looks like they could play out of their minds inspired by Mr. Kitna. TB's defense and Atlanta's are terrible so you can't go wrong either way. If I had to choose.... I'll say Bush cause TB is a worse all around defense but then again, it was for only week one. (Even though to be honest my gut would say MJD cause he wouldnt have anyone taking away his touches for the ball like Bush has with McAllister as his feature back.) So basically if I was playing the league, MJD. If you wanna play it smart, Bush. This is just my personal opinion. Hopefully I helped ya out a bit.
-
2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread
Cards win.
-
CHW vs. LAAAAAAAAAA
And K-Rod PWNed Thome.