Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Erstad hurt
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:36 PM) I'm shocked it took him this long. QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:31 PM) Hell, I'm surprised he lasted this long. Great minds think alike.
-
Another Loss into the Abyss
QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:22 PM) getting rid of jenks is a bad idea. That's putting it mildly. If there was a list of top players we could trade and get more out of in a return Jenks would be in the below middle to bottom pack.
-
Another Loss into the Abyss
I'm not on C. Young's nuts like alot of posters here, mostly because I never thought much of him when he was here, but even he would have been an option to see now. No he wouldn't be Mr. Savior or flat out carry our team but at least he could have made our outfield have a brighter option regardless of what I think of him or what he does. I still don't regret that trade in that particular time and it doesn't bother me one bit. Now if Young looks like Sizemore or something then I would eat my crow on him.
-
Another Loss into the Abyss
QUOTE(Allsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:44 PM) No. He may have "decent" stuff (Even that is debatable) but he has zero heart, zero brains and zero courage when he takes that mound and Don Cooper doesn't have anything in his bag of wizardry to help this Judy out. Now that's harsh.
-
Erstad hurt
IMO, I would just let Sweeney finish out the year. QUOTE(spiderman @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:38 PM) That's why I prefer Anderson who has some experience, and plays good defense. I would LOVe BA, but I doubt that's going to happen but hopefully I'm wrong. If not, give Sweeney the chance even though he isn't ready.
-
Erstad hurt
I believe most people called him getting hurt at some point. Hell, I'm surprised he lasted this long.
-
Putting This One Right Where It Belongs -- On Kenny Williams
QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:55 PM) And Duque's pitching in one of the best pitcher's parks in the NL, and McCarthy in one of the worst pitcher's parks in the AL. I'm very happy with what we've seen from Danks so far, but I really think McCarthy will put up respectable numbers this year. I would say it's about a 60 pct chance that Danks ends the season with a better ERA than McCarthy. Excellent point.
-
Putting This One Right Where It Belongs -- On Kenny Williams
QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:53 PM) This year. Could had sworn I typed that.
-
if u got to start a team
QUOTE(BearSox @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:45 PM) that post never happened... Nice cover up.
-
Putting This One Right Where It Belongs -- On Kenny Williams
QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:44 PM) I think El Duque is putting up better numbers than McCarthy still. McCarthy is a young stud and El Duque is regressing? Still? I can't remember when he was putting up better numbers than BMac in the first place especially in 05 and I'm not counting when El Duque was with the Yanks and when BMac wasn't even in the league yet. Pitching in the weak NL does help your cause as well for El Duque.
-
Disaster
QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:41 PM) Garland sure as hell deserves his share of the blame though. He definately picked a bad time to have his worst outing of the year. Thank you. BTW, I hate sounding like Hawk, but the umps did f*** up his outing.
-
if u got to start a team
QUOTE(BearSox @ May 30, 2007 -> 05:39 PM) Here... I'll make one of players not really mentioned in this thread (at least I dont think so): Nick Markakis, Brandon Webb, Hanley Ramirez, Adrian Gonzalez, Cole Hamels. Reread the thread.
-
Willie Harris, Yardwork
And to add to the mistakes of this thread it's "Willie" Harris not "Wille"
-
if u got to start a team
QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:50 PM) i dont know about markakis yet? maybe in 2-3 years, but not now I'm just very high on him but that's just me. Kinda like how alot are high on C. Young. It's just a specific poster(s) opinion.
-
A Few Thoughts
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:44 PM) C) I'm happy that the team's marketing is so good. I love our commercials, ads, billboards, etc. etc. They're good. I really think we're going to need that to keep good attendance in the coming years because the product on the field sure isn't going to attract people long-term. It's a damn shame that our scouting department is damn near the opposite. Holy s*** I'm sounding like Flash.
-
if u got to start a team
Cole "the stud" Hamels MVPujols King Felix Sexy Grady Speedy Crawford Santana, (he would be in there but I like to change it up. And I'm also crazy) Hermida, Kazmir, Peavy, Lincecum, Markakis, Howard (Thome Jr.) Mauer, (would of been in but injuries scared me from picking him) as other honorables. People are going to put Homer Bailey's name in there also in a couple of years.
-
and this game is OVA
Boone Logan pwns.
-
We need some young blood...
QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:54 PM) what would the Yankees give up for Dye? Abreu's hitting .233 with 2HR's. I think all would love Philip Hughes but I doubt if that's going to happen. I would love Jose Tabata and Dellin Betances though. Maybe Tyler Clippard and others. Melky pwns. I'll tell you this. I would love KW dealing with the Yankees again.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
Boone is one of our best bullpen guys right now.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
Thome is just awesome.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:51 PM) The horrible umpiring led directly to Contreras being forced to throw his fastball over the heart of the plate. No coincidence that umpire is "nursing an injured back" and unavailable for the rest of the series, along with the "hands across the throat" gesture to Gardenhire. Good call.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:49 PM) What have the umps done tonight to cost him? I didn't say tonight specifically just stating a point in his all around starts. I'm willing to bank that they will screw up a K call or something and Danks winds up allowing a run somepoint in this game.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
Seriously the umps alone have cost Danks a few earned runs this season. It's getting ridiculous.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
This ump sucks.
-
White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)
Danks is going to get people excited for the next 3-5 years. Him, Gio (people are saying De Los Santos even though I want to see him do more in the minors) and hopefully our "power potential" pitcher(s) in this years draft will give us a superv rotation in the future.