Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:15 PM) I personally would put Johnson ahead of Garcia still. Call me crazy. Your crazy. I'd probably flip flop Semien and Thompson (though I personally base alot on upside/potential) but I like the list.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:39 PM) Tell me about him? Potential Baby Tulo in the making IMO. I still can't see us being worse than the Marlins like I said in another thread, so Beede wouldn't be a bad consolation prize at all. Top of the rotation stuff, good potential.
  3. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:34 AM) If Sox do get number 2 pick, and the Astros take Rondon. Who do you want the Sox to take? I'd like Tyler Beede It is definitely Gatewood, but if Beede has a good year next year, he'll be hard to pass up. Great potential. I still can't see us being as bad as Miami though, so Beede wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
  4. Texas and Pittsburgh with big F's to this point.
  5. Alot of posters sleeping on Montas. Kid might be the gem of this trade if he can harness his control. Really, really like his arm.
  6. Doubt sox brass bas the balls to trade Konerko.
  7. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:15 PM) The hitting outside of Semien and M. Johnson from the prospects in the system is abysmal Phegley was outstanding in AAA before he got called up.
  8. I really, reality like Montas. Wouldn't surprise me to see him become the gem of the deal if he harnesses his control.
  9. Jesus this is insane. I'm at work right now going through my phone with this s***. Someone mentioned soxtalk picking up after trades... Well... Here you go. ST is alive and well.
  10. QUOTE (ron883 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 05:48 PM) Is your last name often the butt of jokes? Dammit, you beat me to this question.
  11. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 12:10 PM) Prepare to be underwhelmed by the return for Crain. Oh dear.. if some don't know Rock, docsox and bucket are the best in the business is regards to in the know on this site. EDIT: And spataro51, but he doesn't post much anymore.
  12. QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 06:10 PM) I'll take the guy with great plate discipline, high OBP any day of the week over a free swinging guy who doesn't get on base but flashes lots of power. Agreed completely but to be fair, Baez is two years younger and has a much higher upside. It'll be fun to see where some of these kids are in a couple years.
  13. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 06:29 PM) I thought it started at 7 to be fair So did I. That's how much we must suck.
  14. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Poor Zach Voight.. No love.
  15. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 12:44 PM) I heard it was marijuana related Weed and X.
  16. In a strange turn of events, I will be attending this game. Well... I'll enjoy the beer.
  17. Steve's favorite prospect Beach is back. One year deal. Could be on the 4th line this year as make or break year for him. Bickell (AHL) 21Yrs old - 42GP 6G 60PIM 22Yrs old - 65GP 16G 58PIM Beach (AHL) 21Yrs old - 71GP 16G 163PIM 22Yrs old - 66GP 16G 204PIM
  18. QUOTE (aboz56 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 02:34 PM) This is all pretty simple. It's Jason's fault. Holy s*** Alex with a tease post from the dead.. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 10:07 PM) 10 years ago I used to hang out on this site all the time. I was 15 and had not a care in the world. After school/sports practices, I'd come home and chill on SoxTalk for awhile. Hell, a select few of us would be up until 2-3am every night during the summers. Just can't do it anymore. I do read SLaM and the Sports forum on a daily basis, though. Just don't post often. Miss all of you guys. DBAH0 still around? Haven't seen much from him. Miss the f***ing late night crew man. Still posting late however, just not as frequently as the 18-23 year old me did. And yea Andrew still peaks in every blue moon I believe (wouldn't know my damn self cause I do the same). Had the pleasure of meeting and drinking with the aussie last year. He's brilliant.
  19. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:18 PM) Bollig-Kruger-Morrin ... I miss that puke smiley.
  20. SoxAce replied to shago's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Watch him go on a long power drought after the derby now.
  21. I'll never forget that game. Question though, wasn't there a sox pitcher who was never the same after that brawl?
  22. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Yea DeMichele is having a nightmare game as he is still adjusting to SS. Also Andre Wheeler (15th round pick) is having a great start to his pro career in Bristol. I believe he's the one who had a mechanic tweak and now he's just been dominant so far.
  23. I usually disagree with you guys top 10 list every year (although Ozzie Ball and Dan have usually thought similar to myself over the years as well as Cerb.. minus Chris Young who I was not a fan of at the time.. ) but I must say this is a great list boys. No arguments here. Only beef I got is Braulio Ortiz not in the top 25, but don't worry.. he'll be there next season for sure. Great arm. I was high on Webb before most (hell I've picked him as a sleeper candidate since last year), but I'm shocked how much noticed he's got a years time now, though I will admit always thought it would be as a starter.
  24. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 07:10 PM) If the Heat win again next year, wouldn't that lessen the chance of Lebron moving on? He couldn't leave a team going for 4 in a row could he? I could easily see him going back to Cleveland, especially now that they have great young pieces in place. He did promise them an NBA championship. He would still fulfill that promise.
  25. It gets worse. Here is the little dick standing on the Hawks logo. (And I think Belushi lifting the Cup over his head is irritating the other crowd just as much, if not more though. That was awful.)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.