Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (iamshack @ May 11, 2010 -> 01:14 PM) There are plenty of PLAYOFF teams that were playing rotten in May. The 03' Marlins. The 07' Rockies. The 09' Rockies. The 06' Twins. To be fair, the 06' Twins team was really underachieving at the time and of course had the MVP combo. The 09' Rockies fired their manager and hired Jim Tracy and all of a sudden that young team just went nuts and I think got in via the W.C. The 05' Indians team always had the offense (I think Victor, Hafner, Grady were all hitting poorly for a bit) and they had C.C., Carmona, Westbrook, etc.. who were decent, but turned it on later. And the 03' Marlins had Miggy, Hanley, Beckett, Burnett, etc.. and won the Wild Card to get in (the Wild Card is not comming out of our division) I think guys like Floyd, Peavy, Buehrle, Quentin, Beckham will be fine but I'm not too optimistic on guys like Williams, Pena (though I like Tony Tone) in the pen.. possibly Jenks, Pierre, etc. And anytime you have Kotsay and Pierre in your lineup well... that is just bad. (we got very lucky that Jones "found it" so far or else we would be much worse) Vizquel also hits more than he should be hitting (love him in the field/late inning replacement, hate him hitting and Nix gets dicked around too much. AJ will be average, Teahen will be average, Garcia will be average, Alexei will be average, Rios will be solid and Konerko will have one of his better years it looks like. (especially in the power department) I certainly hope it isnt one of those "pitching finds it, but offense disappears or offense finds it, but pitching disappears" type thing this year. I would still rather trade guys like A.J., Pierre, (for anything) etc.. and let guys like Flowers, Hudson, etc.. come up and but still keep the core (Beckham, Quentin, Rios, Peavy, Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Santos, etc..) and take a run at this thing with some youth and fire, but I don't think that will happen.
-
Katy Perry #1 on Maxim hot 100
QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 11, 2010 -> 01:06 PM) Lol, Tiffany Pollard wouldn't be near the top of my list, but yea, I find her very hot and I don't know why it seems like I'm the only guy that finds her hot. All my friends and other people laugh at me when they find out I find her hot. You and my best friend are the only two people I've seen in the world that find New York attractive Don. I will never get it. I don't even think Keith finds her attractive, and he has terrible taste in women. :D And I might be the only one, but I find Mila Kunis to be kinda funny looking.
-
Sox sign Alan Embree
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:00 PM) Really, you're going to complain about guys on minor league deals going to Charlotte? I will! The Knights are screwed.
-
5/11 GT Sox (13-19) @ Min (21-11) - 7:10 WCIU/Mediacom in IA
Well... I guess Blackhawks then.
-
KW issues ultimatum
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:25 AM) The A's have been to the playoffs five times since 2000. The Twins, obviously, and it looks like the Rays will be a regular playoff fixture for a while. So, including the three teams you said and those three, you have six teams. Not to mention the Cardinals have been to the World Series twice (won one) and I think have 7 or 8 playoff appearances in the last 9 years or something like that. The Marlins since that 03' W.S. championship, have had a winning record 4 of the last 6 years despite having one of the worst payrolls in the game. (their future is just as good with some of the prospects they got) And yes I realize they aren't AL teams, just wanted to change it up.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:37 AM) My list goes as follows: Lebron Bosh Wade Amare Nowitzki Johnson Boozer QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:47 AM) Then it makes sense, I was unaware they were friends. Start recruiting Taj. My list goes: LeBron Wade Bosh [Dirk] Amare Johnson For bench pieces, barring a sign-and-trade, I'd probably just like to resign Miller and add Ray Allen if you can get them for the leftover money. Haha, alright I'll give guys. Geez, I think my list changes every week as much as my personal coaching preferences. (Sam Mitchell for example who was like 5th or 6th on my list two weeks ago, has shot up into my top 3 though I don't know if Bosh likes him or not) Mine is: LeBron Wade Amar'e (goes from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 each week and each playoff game it seems, just love the Rose/Amar'e duo.) Bosh (I'm sure Bosh will be ahead of Amar'e once again from me next week ) Nowitzki (out of all the guys not named LeBron IMO, he is actually the best fit Rose could hope for though the age/years left are a concern) Johnson Boozer Lee (Lee goes up and down too from 6-8) Get a 3 point sniper or two to help Rose, (Allen, Korver, Morrow/Azimake, Reddick, Miller, Mason, etc..) draft a guy like Henry/Anderson to groom, (unless you get Wade then draft a big man) somehow do a sign and trade Rudy Gay for Luol Deng (though that is a pipe dream for me Gay fits waaay better for Rose at an up-tempo game with Gay's superior athleticism and ability to finish at the rim giving Rose easy assist, unless you get LeBron) and call it a hellova off-season. Oh and this was just posted... Kevin McHale wants to coach the Bulls. :ph34r:
-
Insanity
Two weeks in and did the Fit test once again yesterday which is what I first started Insanity with. Even though I had 2 very sore knees (for some reason the day off yesterday really had me feeling the soreness today) I jumped almost 20+ on each exercise (minus the last 2 cause of fatigue mostly) from then to now. Feel real proud of myself and my sis and her bf who also did very well. Cardio Circuit tomorrow and I will be eating a greasy philly cheese steak as a celebration, so I will probably struggle my ass off burning that off.
-
Katy Perry #1 on Maxim hot 100
Arianny Celeste should be alot higher. Rihanna should be alot lower, but thats just me.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:06 PM) His '08 wasn't really all that good. .249/.353/.424/.778. His last good year was 2007. It wasn't that good for Ken Griffey Jr. status, but those are pretty solid numbers considering the man was 38 and is clean. There are players in their prime now that can't put up .250-.350-.420-.780 numbers. Just shows how special he is/was.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:55 PM) So there's rumors that Mike Woodson could be fired by Atlanta after this series, would he be a candidate you'd like to see the Bulls go after? He's been horribly outcoached by SVG this series though. No. He is a step ahead of VDN... but still on the terrible list. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:03 PM) Dwyane Wade's wife (soon to be ex) is just nuts Might be one of the reasons Wade might not want to come here supposedly. He wants to stay far away from that crazy chick as possible. On the plus side, his kids do go to school here. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 10:49 PM) According to Sam Smith, the other day LeBron was gushing over Taj. I understand Noah & Rose, but Taj? LeBron must really like the Bulls. He and Taj are good friends. I think it was just more or less complementing a friend he works out with in the off-season. QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) Hmm, the Magic's sweep of the Hawks was the most lopsided in NBA playoff history according STATS LLC. Guess we proved to the naysayers in pre-season who thought last season was a fluke otherwise. We've won 14 in a row now. JJ was booed off the court, goodbye Atlanta for him. Ya JJ wrote his tomb when he ripped the fan-base. No way he re-signs there, and I told you that Atlanta was easily the best match-up the Magic could have gotten. I'm still convinced that if Atlanta played Boston, they probably sweep them or win in 5. Boston got a break playing Cleveland big time. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 11:44 PM) I want a Magic - Suns final, and I'm pulling for the Suns since they're my second favorite team and I'd like to see Hill & Nash get rings. If the Suns win a title, say.. Amar'e loves Gragic or thinks he has 2 good years with Nash left to win 2 more titles, I think he re-signs with the Suns and would be a shame cause he has moved up now ahead of Bosh on my personal list to pair with Rose.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:46 PM) Looks like Jr. stayed one year too long. He stayed 2 years too long (well this will be his second year at Seattle). Wish he would have hung them up after his 08-09 season. Amazing the numbers he put up with us and the Reds combined at age 38 though.
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2010 -> 09:36 PM) I just don't understand why they rushed him up, he really could use (and needs) more minor league at bats, they could have put off arbitration for another year had they waited even a few more weeks to call him up, and rushing him up to a team that is going nowhere anyways makes no sense. Things like that, rushing guys up, proclaiming them as saviors, and putting a ton of pressure on them, is in large part why you see so many Cubs prospects end up busts. I am still shocked he is up here, especially with limited abs in AA and not sniffing some AAA at 20 years old. But he has really impressed me with his discipline at the plate. He's got a chance for sure. Hell if we wind up trading guys (and of course keeping our core), I would love for trade Alexei + and get him (though I'm sure Hendry will hype his ass and ask for the ransom) to pair with Beckham.
-
5/10 Games
Great games for alot of the top 15 prospects in our system.
-
Craig's List
QUOTE (Brian @ May 10, 2010 -> 02:34 PM) I know a dude that hooked up with a girl on Craigs List. He had to do her with a bunny suit on though. Reminds me of this guy I saw online doing it on Easter Day on the show Money Talks.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:26 PM) Rondo should never of signed that contract before the season. He'd be getting a max deal for sure. Can't stand him but he has been phenominal in the playoffs every year. 29-18-13 is just sick for anybody, yet alone a PG. 18 rebounds for a PG?! That is Magic Johnson/Jason Kidd territory. If there is a couple of things I want Rose to learn from Rondo (besides his reach around steals, though Rondo's defense is really overrated) it is his playmaking I.Q. and his aggressiveness to get tough rebounds especially with Rose's superior athleticism.
-
Dallas Braden (Oakland) Throws A Perfect Game vs Tampa Bay
Lost his mom as a teenager, grandmother then raised him, and pitched a perfect game against currently the best team in the league (possibly the whole season) on mother's day. Doesn't get any sweeter than that.
-
Craig's List
QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:24 PM) I take it the fellatio was outstanding? :lolhitting
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:26 PM) According to TSN, Duncan Keith's slap shot at the end of the first period ruptured Sami Salo's testicle! Ouch! No wonder he fell down so awkwardly like a ton of bricks. Man Felix Pie, Nomar, etc.. don't feel so bad anymore. Hawks almost played as if the Canucks were going to just give them that game. This series is far from over. If the Canucks win at their home rink, they will have a s***load of momentum. In a way, it's good for the Hawks as Luongo has played much worse there than he has on the road in the playoffs.
-
Mothers Day Games
Great outing from Wickswat. Flowers already has 5 homers in only 85 ABs compared to 2 last year in 105 ABs (and a higher BB rate, though alittle high on the SO as well). Good to see.
-
Replacing Jenks
QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:13 PM) We would need another lefty besides Thorton since Randy Williams is awful, if Matt was to close. I would go with Santos, but not sure they want him pitching back to back days since he is relatively new to pitching still. That was my major beef with KW before the season started out of everything. Not getting another LHP to help Thornton. Alot of us already knew Randy Williams sucked. I thought at best, he can catch fire and be a productive LOOGY.
-
Gordon Beckham: What To Do?
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:11 PM) Drop him down in the order for three weeks. If that doesn't cut it, let him play in AAA Thank you. I've been advocating to drop him down for a while now. He should not be hitting 2 in the order. Bat him 6th or lower and let him gain some confidence for himself, and a less PA for the team's sake. I wanna say put Rios 2nd, but he's been mashing where he's been in the order and I do not want to move him out, though I'm not opposed to giving that man more PA. I would give him longer than 3 weeks personally, but thats just me. Sending Beckham down would kill a chunk of the fan base who is still with this team, not to mention he's one of the few players I (along with other fellow sox fans I know) love watching on this team personally. Even with his struggles, you can argue he is still producing a very good walk rate to get on base and help this team minus today.
-
PTC Sunday May 9th, 2010
Rios.
-
And that's a White Sox winner !!
QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 9, 2010 -> 01:14 AM) I said I hope he turns it around, and I said it can be a great trade. So far it has not been. Already a great trade in my eyes. Basically stole him from SD unless Richard and/or Carter really become good. Peavy has been a notorious slow starter for years so that hasn't changed at all. Already said it in this thread. Good win for us, I hate the fact that Gavin is pitching after Peavy (rather have Danks) but whatever.
-
5/8 Games
QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) Short 5-6. Prospect or just hot? Prospect for sure. 21 and in High A is very good. He might be the "rising" prospect we have this year.. you know.. guy who comes out of nowhere. (though a couple here have kept an eye on him last year) Who knows.. at this rate, the second half team for Birmingham might be a bit more loaded as the season goes on. Guys like Greene, Bellamy, etc.. should get looks at promotions.
-
May Catch All White Sox Thread
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 8, 2010 -> 10:40 AM) I know I'm probably beating a dead horse but I can not adequately express how much I hate having a guy at the very top of the order who 36% of his hits this season have not left the infield and is actually struggling to get bunts down even though once a week Scott Reifert posts a pic of him taking extra bunting practice before a game. When you hit leadoff you're going to get some RBI opportunities and I expect you to come through on occasion, so it would be nice if you were capable getting the ball past the infielders and reaching first that way or perhaps putting it past an outfielder for extra bases like 5 times a month. I never thought I would say that a .216 AVG was empty because, well it is a .216 AVG but when you have 0 XBH, 8 infield singles, 1 bunt single and 7 walks through 128 PA and you have 1 measly hit in 27 PA with RISP (.042/.115/.042/.157) that's a pretty empty .216 and you're just not anywhere near a major league caliber baseball player. Juan Pierre actually has more GIDP with RISP than hits this season. Your probably the only poster on this site that hates Pierre more than I do. I remember we were both against the trade as soon as it happened cause of Juan Pierre. (in fact I never ripped Ranger as much as I did then)