Everything posted by SoxAce
-
NBA playoffs thread
Bulls are supposedly really high on Thibodeau. Would have interviewed him 2 seasons ago, but the Celtics won the championship. Defensive minded guy who will help Rose's development in that area, though not sure about his play calling. I don't care THAT much who the Bulls hire as long as it's an up-tempo style coach which will help Derrick thrive in that offense and optimize his potential. Being a defensive coach can't hurt either. I like Corbin/Shaw myself, but I dunno if those guys are "NBA experienced" enough, though Gar said he has an open mind to anyone. Collins, Van Gundy (though controlling) Rivers and even Scott (CP3 loves him, said he helped his development when he coached, thats got to count for something) aren't bad options.
-
Justin Bieber is the new Steve Perry
I never even heard of this kid until a month ago. What is he another youtube/myspace hit or something? I guess thank god my sister isn't 13.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Peavy was bringing it. Hit 95 a few times tonight. Saw him as high as 96 a couple of times.
-
5/3 Games
Shirek having a John Ely type year for the Barons so far.
-
Draft Preview: High School Hitters, Part 1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:58 PM) It has suffered due to a combination of his performance and an injury. I could see him being available at #13. His shoulder is starting to scare me. I still love him, but I'm not drooling over him like I was a few months ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned into Prior as far as burning out. (thats if he reaches the majors before burning out) I would still take him if he fell to us though.
-
Official Poker Thread
QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ May 3, 2010 -> 09:50 PM) Poker Stars has plenty of free content. Actually pokerstars.net is completely free. Ya my little brother (all age 17 of him) loves that website. He is just fascinated by poker. I'm proud of him.. but I know he can probably whoop my ass since I haven't played in about 3-4 years.
-
NBA playoffs thread
Zoom I wanted to ask you personally. What coach would you want the Bulls getting judging by who is available? Would it matter in your eyes? I got my own couple, but I'll reserve judgment since I don't think it's THAT big of a deal.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Hawks are now 4-0 with my boy Adam Burish in the lineup. Great win. I missed the entire 3rd period unfortunately (doing the Insanity program) but I caught Kane's empty netter.
-
Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start WCIU TV
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2010 -> 02:02 PM) Why in the world would you want Beckham lower? Beckham is our golden boy and the team is counting on him. Team will go nowhere without him. Leave him be and let him hit. Hmm... to perhaps give him a lesser PA (horrid OBP) since he's hurting us right now with the bat more-so than helping us? How bout to help him get in a better pitch recognition to hit in? Or maybe this might be it, to get him to focus more on giving better at-bats (even Pierre was doing that in the 9 spot) than striking out at an alarming rate with the usual 1 or 2 out, nobody on base? Just a hunch. I personally think he needs a day or two off mentally myself however.
-
A Royals Acquisition that May Make Sense
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:45 PM) Y'all can say the Royals have screwed around with Gordon all you want, He's had nearly 1400 major league PA's and hasn't shown me flashes of being a top level talent. He looks like a fringe major leaguer. Well, I'm just glad your not a scout/good evaluator of talent. I'll leave it at that.
-
PTC Monday May 3rd, 2010
Rios.
-
Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start WCIU TV
I know he's gotten on base a couple times the last two games, but Kotsay batting 5th still makes me chuckle. Rios should be batting higher (or switch he and the struggling Beckham)
-
Happy Birthday SoxFanForever, Brian, flippedoutpunk, & DrunkBomber
QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:00 PM) then why all the latenight soxtalk message sex You started it. Taking advantage of a drunk man.
-
Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start WCIU TV
Anyone got the lineups yet?
-
A Royals Acquisition that May Make Sense
This was kinda being talked about yesterday in the catch all thread. Would make a s***load of sense cause I love Gordon, but shack is right, they will move a talent like that outside the division. And if they were to trade him, they need pitching or perhaps OF prospects. They are fine in the infield.
-
Happy Birthday SoxFanForever, Brian, flippedoutpunk, & DrunkBomber
I hate all of you, especially you F.O.P. Happy day you were born though.
-
Beckham understands Ozzie's comments
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2010 -> 12:51 AM) No offense to us, but he's probably sick of the cliche complaints. Naw, he knows he's not needed here with discussions as much. Gotta maintain the joke threads/post with the clowns that post on the other board. (though not to take away from the good posters who are overshadowed)
-
Donny Lucy sent back to AAA
QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 05:39 PM) It had to be done, as Castro needs to get his shot. Hopefully Lucy continues to have quality bats in the minors. He'd have to be really sharp when he plays backing up Tyler. Strictly a $ issue as well with Castro, though he's been very good with Buehrle, and I think he'll be very good with Peavy (or Freddy) too. QUOTE (knightni @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:34 PM) I could see Flowers and Lucy together as a catching pair in Chicago next year. I could.. and then again I couldn't. I think the sox will probably go for a left-handed backup bat (probably more-so a veteran) next season, though I like this method. If Cole Armstrong didn't suck so much, he would be ideal there and is still fairly young. It is a backup position though, so we'll see.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 3, 2010 -> 12:29 AM) Alex Gordon sent to AAA. How the mighty have fallen. He really needs a change of scenery. Still very young, but he is approaching bust territory, though the Royals have dicked around with him. I would drool if the sox got him based on potential alone as I love the guy. He would be tied for 3rd in OBP alone on our ballclub right now.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 2, 2010 -> 06:32 PM) Quick thought: If the Bulls signed Dirk and he accepted less (honestly, at his age and career earnings, championships may come first) than what his max would be (isn't it like, $20M?) and the Bulls could sign Ray Allen on the cheap, then Rose would have monster assist numbers. Rose seriously needs some snipers out there. Allen, Morrow, Korver, Miller, etc.. would be ideal. Allen is probably the only starting SG though. (maybe Morrow who reminds me of a younger Allen) Rudy Fernandez will also be available in trade talks this off-season for Portland. If I were the Bulls, I would seriously give him a look. Dirk is NOT worth the max. Not at his age. Period. Plus like I said.. if he does happen to leave (which I still don't see) if the Suns don't resign Amar'e, he will join his BFF Nash there IMO.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 2, 2010 -> 10:36 PM) Stanton was just great scouting and player development by the Marlins. He wasn't considered an elite draft prospect, Baseball America had him ranked 128th pre-draft, perfect game in the 5th round rage and he signed for more or less slot money in the 2nd round. I stand corrected.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 2, 2010 -> 10:16 PM) Mike Stanton having a season for the ages (and it's only May 2). .354/.505/.866/1.370. What's most impressive is the 25/24 BB/K ratio. Hard to believe this guy was a second rounder. And you know we'd never be able to identify a super talent like this (I know, I know. Other teams passed on him too). Just saying that the crock of s*** that was "well, the Sox haven't had a top 10 pick since 1990" is exactly that...a crock of s***. Another guy that's been making a mockery of AA is Tanner Scheppers. Small sample size (11 innings). But the numbers are beyond filthy: 11 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 19 K, .079 BAA. We're too busy drafting the Josh Phegley's of the world 6 picks earlier. If I'm not mistaken, he had signability issues and/or teams were scared off he was seriously committed to college. Stanton was a 1st rounder on talent alone I believe. And you weren't around J4L when I was clamoring (as was fathom, SoxFan1, Jason, etc..) for Scheppers in the last draft. I liked that kid alot, didn't love him (as say.. Rex Brothers/Luke Bailey) as he was asking for alot of dough at the time (1st round money) and was comming off of Tommy John surgery though he did have 1st round stuff. I did like the Phegley pick though. Dude can rake it, just hasn't translated it with the wood bat. EDIT: Here was the thread last year. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72142
-
5/2 Games
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:13 PM) You really had to figure he would bounce back. Most of those numbers were from one bad start. Not to mention posters freaking out about trading him/no pitcher behind Freddy after that one start. Hudson will be fine. His K rate just improved even more (which was already stellar) after this start.
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
Season premiere (opening of the 3rd season) of Boondocks on right now, and again at I believe 2:30 am. Getting into Ugly Americans alot too, though I'll miss the episode probably.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
Barring a horrid start today, Strasburg will move to AAA after his last AA outing. Bout time.