Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 01:47 PM) Anybody still want to trade the farm for Gonzalez now? lol. Preach. Been saying it for a while in different threads now. Just an example.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:38 PM) Miguel Cabrera is amazing I've said it before in some thread when some idiot bashed him. Worth every penny. Get drunk all you want Miggy.. improve every year like you've been doing. Found it.. pages 16-19.. alittle bit on page 23 in the horrid/long A-Gon thread. (I just highlighted 17 cause from there... it gets good, Kal defends him as well) Said it again in the other A-Gon thread. Don't talk s*** if you don't know s*** about one of the best. Sorry Steve. IMPROVING every year in the AL... ridiculous this guy is.
  3. SoxAce replied to SoxAce's topic in SLaM
    Finished the 1st workout.. and ya.. it's as insane as it's name suggest, and that was just the friggin fit test.. I'm eager but also not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm kinda disappointed in myself for not pushing that extra mile for completing certain exercises, but it is always good to workout with your buddy and sis to get that extra motivation. BTW, the chick, while hot.. pisses me off cause she is such a beast in the workouts.
  4. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Terrible job on announcing the scores. Barons lost 9-5. Nunez.. 5.1 IP 9 H 6 R 6 ER 1 BB 2 SO... ouch. Christian Marrero (1-3, BB, R, 2B) is heating up and worth keeping an eye on. Dude has 12 BB (only 7 SO) in 53 ABs. He had 11 in 226 ABs for W-S last year, and 18 BB in 229 ABs for the second half of B-Ham when he got promoted. Clearly he's adjusting quite nicely as far as discipline and if he continues to hit a little bit more, he will be with the Knights. (sorry JPN) W-S was off Kanny lost 8-1. Thompson: 1-3, 2B, BB Ciolli & Colligan: 1-4
  5. SoxAce replied to SoxAce's topic in SLaM
    Yea, it will be today or tomorrow instead (blame them.. not me) as I explained I won't get the dvd myself till tonight at 9:30 pm. I'll see if I'm still up for it after the Hawks game. If not.. I'll start tomorrow for sure.
  6. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:45 PM) Holy s*** insanity is f***ing crazy Yes.. yes it is. I will start either tonight or tomorrow (won't get the dvd here till around 9:30 pm), but I watched taps of it and my god...
  7. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 03:53 PM) Thompson seemed shocked in spring when i called him over for an autograph. I don't think he's used to be recognized. I imagine that will change quickly. See if that was me, he would be shocked that I was drooling over him as a player, and then he would proceed on backing away slowly away from me.
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:55 PM) Jorge De La Rosa - 94.2 Jon Lester - 93.5 David Price - 93.3 CC Sabathia - 93.2 Francisco Liriano - 93.1 Clayton Kershaw - 92.9 Gio Gonzalez - 92.6 Brett Anderson - 92.5 Clayton Richard - 91.4 CJ Wilson - 91.2 John Danks - 91.2 Only 8 lefties are throwing harder than him this year, so I would say this statement qualifies as true. It doesn't change the fact that his secondary pitches, in general, have been very mediocre, and it's the main reason why I think he'd make for a good reliever. Nice stat wite. Bring this back up in July/August as well as I wanna see if some of these guys are still the same. I know for a fact Richard was 91-93 early on before he was cranking it up at 94-97 around that time last season (between AAA and the bigs). Couple the fact that he is probably the top 5 best pickoff pitcher (not just LH) in the game. I don't think David Price (or Kershaw) will be third (or 6th) on that list very long either.
  9. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:15 PM) That would be the Dodgers. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) With Linebrink's experience as an elite set-up man...Thornton, Putz (if he gets the zip back on his fastball, which will take at least another 2-3 months in all likelihood), Santos, Pena and then Threets (if healthy), I wouldn't trade our mix of experience, youth and raw stuff for the Dodgers' pen. No way. Not because I'm a White Sox fan first, just because I think our pen is better. Stick their pen in the AL East and see what happens. If it makes you both feel any better, your both wrong. As far as pure for pure talent.. (and I mean talent/upside/potential/even youth) the Tigers are the best. That doesn't mean they will all realize it however just because they all can hit 98+ with sick breaking pitches.
  10. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:29 PM) Aardsma would be on our roster. Masset would be long man, in Carrasco's underrated role, and spot starter. Cooper could keep working w/ him. I would start Uribe as much as Ozzie plays Vizquel, who's 10+ years older and washed up. Swisher would be DH or sharing time in the OF with Andruw Jones. Matsui/Damon could also be signed with all the money we're using on Rios. I think he had a pretty good year overall last year, you disgree? Willie Harris could be doing better than Pierre for a fraction of the cost. So could Ryan Sweeney. See that was the problem with a guy like Masset. Coop preaches movement, but Masset has more success throwing 97+ which is what he's doing with the Reds. Not all pitching coach's philosophies work on all pitchers. Same with Aardsma (whose fastball is straight as it is, but is effective when he locates it) The only guy I will give you who I like but is trapped in the hitter's hellhole for power is Ryan Sweeney. And your Uribe love sickens me. (yes I wasn't a big fan of his when he was here)
  11. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:10 PM) Wow. 3-3, 2 HR, BB Thats what I want to see out of him in that bandbox. OPS jumped to .700+ now. Gotta improve the walks a bit, but power is the main thing for him as he's disappointed alittle in that area. (Danks is the guy who has to work on the K's of course)
  12. I've said this before, I'll agree that I don't see much of the "Ozzie Ball" that I thought we'd see. Guys stealing on good counts where a runner(s) thrives (or more 3-2 less than 2 out), running on more or less contact plays, (alot of them are either from failures of contact, or missing bunts, resulting in CS though), many hit and runs, runners on 3rd and 1st, and not stealing 2B (especially with 2 out to not have the force-out, though when it's 1 out and a guy like Konerko/AJ is batting and you got a guy like Beckham at 1st, it drives me crazy why he isn't stealing to avoid the DP) to maintain a rally, etc.. I'll say this though, I could care less about Guillen's preference to steals than home runs, the long ball is what is winning us these games. A guy like Alexei for example has to get on base more.. you know Alexei.. draw a damn walk this year perhaps? or hit better? to utilize his speed. Teahen can run himself (2 SB), but in his 2 CS, he was running on hit and run counts where Alexei (and I think the other guy was Rios earlier) failed to make contact. Beckham having 1 SB only is not what anyone should see. (and alot of times this season he was on first base when Pierre stole third the few times they've be on the bases together) We'll see though when more guys get on base what Ozzie does since our offense (minus a couple of guys) has been awful.
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:43 PM) Its money for the team. Whatever. Exactly. No wonder the sox agreed to it.
  14. Beckham (please break out of this slump)
  15. I believe the Texas (and New York) teams do something similar. I believe in Texas it's a belt but the Texans here can correct me if I'm right or wrong on this.
  16. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:22 PM) Actually Vizquel DOES wear it. Jones, Vizquel, and Kotsay are the 3 I have noticed wearing them. Add Buehrle and Floyd on that list.
  17. SoxAce replied to scenario's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 06:21 PM) It's just frightening to think what Thompson's power potential can be. I hope scouts have good things to say about him a year from now. I hope the words "can't miss" are included. He and Jones are already "can't miss" in my eyes, but then again.. I'm blinded by love.... and tools/upside. Dan Black is the only guy I like that doesn't have star upside, but thats only because I know the guy.
  18. Since people here are pointing out position players, I'll change it up and go with pitchers. Guys like Patton, Beato (I know Flash will love that one.. old memories) and Quinco (butchered his name) are nice prospects who are blocked (O's have a TON of SP after Arrieta, Tillman, Holmgood etc.. etc.. with the guys already in the majors) and TB has Davis and Hendrickson on the rise with Price, Shields, etc.. I'm only going off memory here.
  19. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 12:54 AM) Padres 8 in a row and not looking back. Didn't they start off hot last year then faded? I remember Peavy talking about that actually.
  20. QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:49 AM) Man do I hate when the Bears don't draft an OL until the end of the draft. Drove me nuts too bro. And I'm a big fan of LeFevour (great upside, just an impressive athlete) but the thing is we gambled to take a pro bowl young QB (Cutler) last year, so I didn't like that pick too. If we had Orton/Hanie, etc.. still, I would love the pick even more. Here's hoping the young Lance Louis can be a stud for us at LG for years to come. (though I think they will go for Beekman again who is already playing out of position, but he did start at LG and I like him alot too.. could be his future there as well)
  21. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 12:44 AM) If we beat them, will the next round be easier. Nashville has been a tough out. Harder of course. Vancouver is probably who we will play next (barring a collapse) and they actually have an offense (Sedins-Burrows line have been amazing all year) to go along with their defense. Kesler, Raymond, etc.. those guys are tough and Luongo can steal a game if need be. (though Kane has his number.. ) IMO, they are not a good match for us as they always play us tough with their style. Should be a fun rematch for them though regardless and for us. Getting to be a pretty sick rivalry. And if we happen to win that series, we might play SJ (though we match up well against them) or Detroit in the WCF, so this cup run won't be a cake walk.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 07:27 PM) That was an awful contract the day he signed it. If you knew someone would get fat and lazy, it was Carlos. It was brutal even if he was putting up Adam Dunn numbers, but to be fair, you can't ignore the .882, .937, and .831 OPS he put up the last three seasons from the 65 at-bat sample size this season. If anything he (and Tex) should give us hope for Quentin, Beckham etc.. to get it going soon as you know he will.
  23. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:14 PM) Just a hunch, but I think Jake Arrieta may be in Baltimore soon. He is really a stud. Great outing for him. If Tillman gets his s*** together (had a good outing himself yesterday against the Knights) people better put Baltimore on notice in the AL. Matusz-Arrieta-Tillman is a young, sick 1-2-3 and I like Bergesen (very good last year, struggling a bit this year) and Hernandez who are both very young as well (though I think Britton/Hobgood/Erbe will be more of their future instead of those other two) to go along with their young guys in the pen (Johnson, Berken, Meredith, Mikolio) and of course their youth hitters (Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Reimold) and guys like Bell, Snyder, Givins potentially on the way.. Great future. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 11:49 PM) Montgomery is sick. And Luke Hochevar is starting to put it together as well. His FB was consistenly 94-96 (topped out at 97) against the Twins tonight. 1 BB, 7 Ks. 9/2 GO/AO. Ya I like the Royals future too. Hosmer is putting up some sick hitting numbers so for Wilmington too as well as Montgomery in the pitching department.
  24. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:39 PM) Yes they are. Already at the line 32 times before the end of the 3rd, and they've made 29 of those. No doubt Phil Jackson will come out and say something to the media about the refs again. Like I said about a week ago, I think the Thunder can win this series. Game 5 is going to be very crucial. And like I said when you predicted this, I will give you instant props if this happens, though I did agree with you as I did say this series could go 7 games. (though I still had the Lakers winning)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.