Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Sox Cubs (barf..) Bulls/NBA playoffs Blackhawks/NHL playoffs NFL Draft I honestly don't think many people in Chicago (or in other places for that matter) will have their clickers on one channel tonight.
  2. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 02:13 PM) Yeah I didn't think that Dash offense would be good enough for them to be an elite Carolina League team this year but they've really surprised me. Charlotte's pitching hasn't been as good as I was expecting either. Still early going though. Yes it is my good man.
  3. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:56 PM) Don't take this the wrong way, but, pretty much everyone saw that one coming as well. Naw, a ton of people I remember loved Charlotte and rightfully so. I just thought W-S had more talent all around, but I liked Charlotte a ton too. Thats why I called Charlotte Ozzie Ball's team since he loves them. (yes the poster, not Ozzie haha)
  4. SoxAce replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Happy B-Day Jason. :cheers Man I can't believe your already 27. Where as the time gone?! Still remember you were 20 posting here when I lurked..
  5. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:20 AM) I see that Jimmy Ballinger was finally moved to the pen. Hopefully, this will help him focus on throwing strikes. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:22 AM) 5 BB in 8 IP so far, so, not so much. But he's allowing a lot fewer hits, which is good. Yea they are doing the same with Infante, which I'm almost guaranteeing he'll be in the rotation next year. Going the "Nate Jones" route with these pitchers to find consistency and confidence. My team, W-S, having a great season so far. I told most of you they will probably be our best minor league affiliate. So much talent, though I like Charlotte alot too. (Ozzie Ball's team) I just like W-S more.
  6. He wanted 150+ ABs sample size Kotsay back. Check. Begged KW for a slap-hitting speedster for a leadoff hitter (basically begged him to find a leadoff hitter or threatened to put Beckham there). Check. Wanted Freddy to take the 5th spot. Check. Raved about the "hall of famer" Vizquel and wants him to get alot of at-bats even DH some. (thank god we haven't seen that...yet) Check. Couple that with his s***ty batting order, his micro-managing, and his constant love for L/R matchups and you got yourself Ozzie's team. Time will tell about the Jones situation. The only thing he got right was bringing Santos up, but the only reason was because of polities. (out of options) QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 12:06 PM) I'm ready to go with Steve Stone as GM depending on where we stand on April 1st, 2012. I'm giving KW these two years....that's the extent of my patience to fix this mess. Rick Hahn would be the next GM (and rightfully so) in line to get it. I would love him as our GM. He's the one who negotiates the contracts, not to mention is the saber. guy.
  7. OMFG Ozzie. Trying to cost me my win with that pathetic lineup. Oh well, I still think Peavy will own in this game.
  8. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:27 PM) I'm sure you've seen my posts ridiculing this offense enough to know I'm not blaming the bullpen. All I'm saying is their numbers are deceiving due to superior performances during mop-up time. This entire team sucks basically, and makes winning look very difficult. Definitely agree with this.
  9. QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:36 AM) So does anybody like the new draft format? It really pisses me off.. There is nothing better than waking up early on a Saturday and spending all day watching the draft, now I have to be at work tomorrow night and listen to bits and pieces of it on the radio, and then its only the first round! I am going to have to sit through another full day to wait for the next good rounds, and then another full day to finish it.. I liked the old way much better.. Your not the only one Carl.. Seems like the NFL wants to be the main prime time station (competing with the NBA/NHL playoffs, MLB games, etc.) I'll be flipping back and forth personally, though the Bears won't be picking on this day (luckally I guess) I like to see what other teams do with their picks.
  10. vs. Alright, Ace is back up in this b**** and puttin my 1-0 record up on the line. (though usually I make about 5 game threads a year anyways ) I'm feelin alittle Peavy love and I think... no.. check that... I know we will take 2/3 from these guys. Lets scratch our asses, pick our noses and get this done homeru...er..."Ozzie Ball" style.
  11. I dunno it this makes me glad I'm not in college or glad that I don't miss homework.
  12. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:38 PM) I said before the season if Liriano is really "back" that we were in deep s***. Not to mention I was the poster who predicted/knew he was going to be back looking at his reports from scouts in winter ball. Said it here and here and a couple more times back in December. Wite knows as he kept telling me I was wrong and so far (though still early of course as I'll reserve FULL judgment until about August, not to mention more teams other than us, Boston and Cleveland) it looks like I'm right. Caught a game he threw, and he looks very nasty, though I don't think he will ever K guys like he used to, but more-so a high GB:FO ratio which he is putting up so far.
  13. QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:59 PM) Have we seen the end of Randy Williams 10 BB in 6.1 IP...I can't believe he stuck around after the 4-pitch bases loaded walk...at least stop that pain. I still can't believe that piece of trash is on a team that wants to contend. Other than Kalapse, I don't think anyone hated him here since the off-season as much as I did. One of my few beefs I had with KW going into the season by not addressing that other LHP to pitch with Thornton.
  14. This is great...
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) All you have to do is look at the development of the young players and the regular season improvements we have seen since Q took over. Not to mention the WCF last season where we are not even suppose to be there. If we get knocked out this early, it won't be because of Q's coaching. It will be because guys like Hossa, Toews, etc.. didn't show up for offense and the defense is depleted. (Barker trade also doesn't help as he would had been a good PP QB at the point with his lazer, [buff at the net] with Campbell out and Johnsson's concusion, but Bowman didn't foresee those injuries of course)
  16. QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:29 PM) I'd have no problem doing it but I just don't think I would really enjoy it. I think I would get bored after a few innings This. Never have myself.. I'm not that lame. But I guess I can say the closest I went with my little brother and he is a pretty quiet kid...
  17. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:16 AM) Ok, for whatever reason, the problem is fixed! I have done nothing but shut my laptop down before I went to the gym, and now it's fine. Even the post someone made showing me the picture has changed to the Cubs scoreboard. Crazy s***.
  18. Glad I discovered this place long before I even knew about WSI actually. Some of the ban stories from old threads here posters told were mind-boggling.
  19. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:23 PM) This could either be some insane coincidence... or fate. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this... ;) ;) cept not for Beckham15 though.
  20. Haha, this thread is great..
  21. QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:07 PM) I think he earned the promotion in the first place. Baseball Beginnings sure likes him. They aren't alone. Kid has talent. I'm trying to stay reserved, but man I'm really happy to see this from him. Well I'm not as reserved as I've said numerous times on this board and on futuresox when I registered a while back that he has the highest potential of anyone in organization currently. I'm talking super-star if he puts it all together. It's up to him to realize it of course, but I'm in love with the guy as a prospect. (and Nate Jones)
  22. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:39 PM) Kannapolis going into extras. Trayce Thompson currently 2-3, HR, BB, 0 SO. I am shocked he's hot this early on getting promoted. Maybe something clicked or they tweeked his swing a bit. I love it as he (and Nate Jones) are my two favorite prospects in the entire org.
  23. Well I'm 1-0 in game threads (was 4-1 last year and 3-2 the year before)... I might as well should just retire on top. Danks was filthy tonight.. had that smokin change-up and that high heat workin. OT, but I love how Maddon constructs his lineup and how he used guys on the bases. Didn't get a chance to do too much on the steals cause of Danks being brilliant but his lineup is the equivalent to Beckham hitting 3rd, Quentin 4th, Konerko 5th.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.