Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
Great pick for the Bears (though I'll admit I wished Burnett fell to us). I like what Seattle, KC and Dallas are doing. And Detroit is gonna be scary if they keep this up.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 10:12 PM) everything that goes wrong is ozzie's fault but no one gives him credit for wanting andruw jones That KW's boy. Happy B-Day Andruw! And I don't care what the line says, Gavin pitched solid.
-
4/23 Games
Norfolk vs. Charlotte, 7:15 PM EDT: Chris Tillman vs Lucas Harrell Jacksonville vs. Birmingham, 7:05 PM CDT: Brad Stone vs Johnnie Lowe Wilmington vs. Winston-Salem, 7:00 PM EDT: Jairo Cuevas vs Stephen Sauer Kannapolis @ Rome, 7:00 PM EDT: Matt Hopps vs Christopher Masters (love this kid) Tillman's been struggling in AAA (we hit him hard in one of his outings already), so we'll see how our guys fare against him. Masters is a stud IMO (though I thought he would be a future stud reliever cause of his frame), so this might be a tough one for Kanny hitters. I'll update scores and such (or whomever mod or admin wants to edit it, be my guest) later tonight.
-
April Catch All White Sox Thread
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:34 PM) http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/12722822747 Big #WhiteSox & #Cubs news to be released Monday. Yes, I said #Cubs, too. - Scott Riefert "Scott Linebrink waives his no-trade clause to join the Cubs!!!"
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:15 PM) I still think the Bills should look into getting Campbell from Washington and then drafting a developmental QB like Skelton. Ima go out on a limb and say that one of Claussen/McCoy will be a Bill when today is over. Whether that is by trade or one fell to them. Then again.. I can see a team like the 49ers trading up as well. (I still can't see them trusting Alex Smith)
-
PTC Saturday April 24th, 2010
Teahen.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:25 PM) Fail It is "you're" so hilarious. Why am I paying you!
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:21 PM) Yeah I need a secretary to review my soxtalk posts. Yo ace you free? Oh your soooo hilarious Badge.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:25 PM) It doesn't bother me...grammar is overated. Gotta be careful with the grammar police on this board. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 10:47 AM) Derrick Rose is so good. That is all. Once he starts getting the Kevin Durant-type foul treatment, he'll go to the line 10 times a game and that will raise his scoring average about 5 points. He is Dwayne Wade Part II. He and Dwight Howard are probably the two that comes to mind that don't get their dues/respect when they get fouled. Only difference is Howard is much more of a whiner. I still don't think you can call him DWade at max when he doesn't have any all-stars to play with. I personally want to see him turn into Jason Kidd (or at least a poor man's version of him) to optimize his potential at the PG position. I'll take Wade though no doubt. He was projected as a Wade/Kidd type player, but he probably will not do something Kidd does well, and something that Wade does well, and so far.. he's a mixture.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
I think people are gonna fall in love with Jones as much as I have on this site. Loved him ever since he was picked by us.
-
GT: Fri 4/23, SEA (9-7) @ CWS (5-11), 7:10pm
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:24 PM) Teahen is 0 for 11 lifetime with 4 K's against RR-S. That's why he is sitting...although with the way he's been going, not sure it's the right move. Definitely the "by the books" move. Glad I wasn't the only one puzzled as well. Not a bad thing, but he's one of our hottest hitters, even if he isn't really that "hot".
-
PTC Friday April 23rd, 2010
Beckham.
-
What a disaster this rotating DH NL lineup idea is...
Haha, Steve is on the rag.
-
Sox situation: Grave
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:24 AM) Just an FYI, but while some of us might like seeing young players, the majority of the fans will have zero interest seeing young players, especially if they aren't high upside young players, go through the motions of a 90 to 100 loss season. Your right man... or maybe we can pull off a Rockies like 2009. Fire the manager, call up the young boys (top prospects) to fill out the departed guys places, find a Jim Tracy-like guy to manage these youngins right, mix in with the prime guys (Teahen, Peavy, Rios, Quentin) and a Buehrle/Thornton vet or two, and turn this thing around. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:44 AM) I imagine Chicago would fall in love with Jordan Danks, but i can't imagine their being much enthusiasm for some of the other guys. I will probably LOVE Tyler Flowers personally. A true OBP/OPS catcher if everything goes right. Don't think sox fans will never really grasp that lovin though, not to mention will miss A.J. and his game I.Q.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:54 AM) I heard Bumgarner's FB was topping out at 88? I hope that's wrong. That's quite alarming if true. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:10 AM) It's true. Bumgarner is broken, and noone knows why. There was some recent articles about it. Everyone merely thought he was overworked at the end of last year and his velocity would be back this season. That has not been the case, and it is very troubling since they can't find anything wrong with the kid. Edit: Neyer's recent piece: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/i...ing-in-triple-a Wow.. I did not noticed it dropped THAT much. I remember when there were reports it fell a couple mph, but he was still dominating hitters in the minors and was pitching around 90 when he was called up, if I remember. 87-88 now and they can't find anything? I really hope this isn't the case of anything physiological. (I.E. Greinke, Koch, though he was more of the LIPS etc..) Hopefully for their sake it's more-so mechanically. Just saw his AAA numbers.. yuck.
-
Sox situation: Grave
QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:41 PM) Ace, there is time still to really focus on what is wrong but as bad as this sounds we may have some nice vterans to sell of for some prospects later this year. Too early though. GO SOX!!! One quick note, it is sad that as of now JDanks one would be the one to fetch us the most in a trade. But as I said too early. Oh I know.. I was more or less speaking hypothetically. This team, in any sense, is boring to watch though. Hell I would be "interested" to see who we get with the other names who can be on the block too. Just was speaking the "if" option.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Justin Smoak called up to the show for Texas. Chris Davis sent down. Posted his stats and such on our minor league board.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
Justin Smoak (the guy alot of people here liked for the sox to pick last year before we took Beckham) is gonna get the call up tomorrow for Texas and will be in the lineup. Chris Davis to AAA. Here are Smoak's ridiculous stats in AAA. 16/8 BB:SO ratio.. ya he's ready. I think I heard the Giants are close with Buster Posey as well. (maybe one more month) Gonna be fun watching him catch Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner etc.. in the future.
-
Sox situation: Grave
QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:23 PM) There is time to turn it around but I can sure as heck predict crickets chirping in early June and July if they don't start hitting, pitching, and winning. I would guarantee people would love watching a young team go through these struggles than a veteran one like we are even watching at home. Danks' brothers, Beckham, Flowers, Hudson, Santos, Floyd, hell even Lillibridge just to see his lucky charm ass etc.. etc... I am definitely more inclined to watch.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:12 PM) Anyone watching the OKC-Laker game? They just broke the record for the loudest decibel level at an NBA game. Also, Amare Stoudemire is going to be suspended for throwing an elbow about 10 minutes ago. Their fans really have a college atmosphere to it. That sea of blue they all were wearing reminds me of the blackout we had with our sox. It was awesome. Great win for the Thunder as well.
-
4/22 games
QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:50 PM) That being said I don't think that there are too many people in and out the organization who at the beginning of the season wouldn't have been ecstatic if you told them that he'd have 3 HR's and 2B's through his first 25 ab this year, myself included. I don't think they would be too many people saying he would be in Kanny at all really. I don't know if we should thank Shoemaker for struggling or what (Thompson was Great Falls bound prior). I'm still shocked he's doing this as I thought he was much too raw to be this good this early, but we hear of the strong work ethic which is nice to see. I agree with your above points, but as you said, he still has alot of flaws that I just don't see him correcting all in each level with different hitting coaches. We'll see though. I'm his biggest fan as a prospect (not counting my friends who are playing in current minors now), so you know I'm rooting for him.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:47 PM) Taylor Mays is an Oakland Raiders pick. Fantastic athlete, but he's not a great football player and is not a play-maker (albeit he has the skill set to be one). He reminds me alot of Daniel Manning actually.. cept he was in a bigger school. Has all the ability, but football I.Q. is lacking. I was literally laughing at the Tebow pick.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:34 PM) Penguins-Senators going to a 2nd OT. Make it 3 OTs now.
-
4/22 games
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) 19 and raw. Give him more time versus less. This. Unless he's hitting like .450 by June (or a 1.000+ OPS), he's got a good one year ticket to stay in Kanny the whole year.
-
4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670
My god.. thank god I didn't even watch this game too much (thank you Bulls and Blackhawks.. and even the NFL draft.. ugh.. Tebow) I'll probably make about 4 more threads, but I';ll make sure I know Ozzie's lineup first hand. Jake pitched like he was sippin that jager tonight. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:15 PM) That's what's getting on my nerves about some people. They keep looking at who we didn't sign. What does Damon, Thome, Pods or whatever other name you want to throw out there have to do with the fact that guys like Peavy, Beckham, CQ (who's been awful), AJ, ect have not performed? It doesn't help at all yes, but you would have to imagine we would be scoring more runs per game (and OBP) than we are now with people who we didn't want (Pierre, Kotsay, etc..) I wanted N. Johnson (.382 OBP), Damon (.419 OBP), Gardner (.413 OBP) and buy low guys like Hermida (.854 OPS) Kearns (.850 OPS) etc.. and look where they are at. I HATE Pods as much as I hate Pierre, so I'm not even gonna mention his great start in this but there were guys people (including myself) were clamoring for before this season started cause we knew the lack of OBP and KW and Ozzie were depending on guys to have career years all in one season (I.E. 2005).