Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:50 PM) The Twins have won exactly as many division titles as we have the last 5 years. And why the hell would I be afraid of any team from the central? We're not talking NY or Tampa. I respect the Twins. They're a good team. But forgive me if I'm not conceding the division less than two weeks into the season. You say your not respecting the Twins cause of the same number of playoff appearances as us, yet you put Tampa in the discussion whose had only 1 playoff appearance (albeit a W.S. appearance) in the last 5 years. I'm going to assume you meant Boston. I know damn well I'm respecting a team who has beaten us and the Tigers for the division (not to mention always stays competitive) in the past whose overall talent was much superior over the years. They have earned that right even with the non scare factor.. they do their thing. Not saying they are gonna win this thing, but it wouldn't shock me if they did especially with that offense and Liriano looking real good early. (still think he'll have a b****in year, ala 3.50-3.75ish, just won't be as sexy with the Ks per 9 like he used to be) Still wouldn't put it past them to acquire a SP or even a BP guy (or a 3B) by the deadline. And yes J4L, I've been messin with you a bit lately it seems.
  2. QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:41 PM) Jones started 4 games in a row, he can use a day off. Rios could use tomorrow off and then Beckham and Quentin on Sunday. Our hottest hitters shouldn't play everyday or they will get tired and lose their groove. Agreed. I actually like it since this is Andruw. He is prone to injury these days and it's good to see him rest a day. I just find it hilarious after Ozzie's quote, he then doesn't have him in the lineup for tonight's game. If anything, I thought perhaps rest him during one of the weekends. Andruw could of feasted off Talbot than the tougher Westbrook or Carmona, though I guess Kotsay has to get some kind of confidence. Then again.. this guy could pitch 6+ IP of 0-2 run ball, so who knows.
  3. SoxAce replied to Cali's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:29 PM) sorry bro i forgot u were a member of PETA. Oh your so hilarious....
  4. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:22 PM) Come on, you put Berkman in that line-up and it is decent but that staff after Wandy and Oswalt is terrible. Does the NL even look at bullpens. Your arguing over nothing. I already said they were awful. But hell they had to face freaking STL, SF and PHI. If anyone was expecting them to have a winning record comming in, you were already fooling yourselves. BTW, I like Paulino. Still have no idea why the Astros continue on using him as a starter (future bullpen guy) but he's got a real good arm/stuff. Ha, and the ump missed a third strike to Lee. Next pitch, boom 3 run homer. That's baseball for ya.
  5. QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 09:43 AM) I was recently asked to help come up with some humorous awards to present to law professors at school. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? It doesn't have to be law related, but I have no ideas. Anyone? A soxtalk award. Doesn't get any funnier than those.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:07 PM) This Astros team might be the worst team baseball has seen since the Tigers awfulness over 5 years ago. Can we trade Peavy for Carlos Silva?? Just kidding They are awful, but to be fair when a couple of your better hitters are hitting like .091 comming in, your best hitter is on the DL, and you play the two best NL teams early on in PHI and STL, and faced the 2 headed monster early on in SF (Lincecum, Cain, though even Zito who has been very good) you are not gonna look good either way.
  7. SoxAce replied to Cali's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:03 PM) lulz enjoy You disgust me.
  8. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:46 PM) Sound like Jones is now an everyday player. Well deserved. “The way he’s swinging the bat, he’ll play every day,” Guillen said before Jones went 0-for-3 with a walk. “Where? The three (outfield positions) plus designated hitter. We have four positions for him to play every day.” QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:00 PM) Pierre LF Beckham 2B Quentin RF Konerko 1B Kotsay DH Rios CF Pierzynski C Ramirez SS Teahen 3B Buehrle P .... The hell?
  9. QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:06 PM) I don't get it. Does Viciedo have to get hits every day to avoid being criticized? He went 2-4 plus a walk on Tuesday, and 2-4 on Wednesday... But goes hitless on Thursday and gets called out by people? Ignore him bro. The real peeps here know whats going on. Hell just a couple days ago Danks 2 was K'ing more than he was now the tides switched. Still early people. Viciedo started off slow last year and picked it up later by adjusting.
  10. About time. (and yes I realize it's only like 5 games into the season, but he should of been there when the season started IMO)
  11. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:22 PM) Threets looks like he could be the real deal too... He is still 28, not super old. I liked him more than Williams comming out in ST. Great arm/stuff (though for some reason his K numbers don't translate despite the stuff) but his problem is the same like Williams. He'll walk the world. (and Williams will or probably K more hitters, plus the MLB experience)
  12. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 11:52 AM) I expect the pen to be solid all year long. I'm sure Linebrink will have a dip in production in the 2nd half per usual but besides him and Randy Williams everyone else in the pen should be real good all year imo. Pretty much sums it up. My only beef with KW is not getting a better LH to help Thornton in the pen. Williams is just awful. I believe he already has 7 walks in only 4.1 IP. In comparison, Garcia has 8 and has pitched 6 more innings. Just never liked him in the pen to begin with even as a LOOGY.
  13. God Nashville is so boring. Oh well, lets take this series boys. Vancouver has a date with us in round 2 (barring Sharks collapse and yes, I'm already calling that series for VAN)
  14. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:36 PM) If the Bulls want to land LeBron, it couldn't hurt to try and make this a good series. Not only him, but other guys (Bosh will be watching at home) I got Cavs in five (Rose will not have it be a sweep), though I think Noah will carry it to six.
  15. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:31 PM) We have the highest average fastball and slider velocity of any pen in the game. Now that is surprising. I thought Detroit would be far and away in that stat.
  16. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:53 AM) It's quite scary to think that a rehabbing Mitchell and Viciedo would be left as our only top prospects...and maybe a couple of DeLosSantos types emerge at the lower levels...someone like Thompson would have to light up the scouts' charts/reports. That's what J4L alluded too and I'll agree on him with. That won't be for long of course with the draft in the summer and the sox picking 14th this year I believe (and high in the rounds after) which will be nice to kinda "restock" the system. I don't want to morgage our cards (won't call the spects "future" that much anymore) in the deck for one guy who is either old or is signed for a season (and a half especially when another young stud could be available the next season) unless KW feels that is the ultimate piece to a W.S. title, and I mean REALLY feels it. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:01 AM) The bold is why I'm about 75% certain Hudson will be traded. They did the same thing with Dexter Carter last year. No they didn't. Carter was drafted just last season and only stayed in low A cause the sox felt he needed work on his secondary pitches despite owning in low A. Hudson was much more advanced in his secondary stuff, hence why he moved up, and Carter stayed. Eventually the sox felt Carter might not ever figure it out or not harness it like they want and shipped him out (along with Poreda thank god, and Russell) for Peavy though I know wite would say that was more of a give-a-way for the Padres in his drunk rants. Hudson was long rumored to be what SD wanted.. the sox kept him (though you can debate he might had been in the first trade Peavy rejected, when Huddy was in W-S though those are rumors) Not arguing he might be traded cause he very well could, but I don't think the sox will nor should (especially with no depth after Hudson, with Freddy who I don't trust personally.. again.. hope he proves me wrong)
  17. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:37 AM) Most people thought Gio would get traded a second time? I know I didn't. And KW has been saying since 2007 that at some point, if you want to have a sustained run of success, that you have to be able to "filter" in young talent from the minor leagues. I also remember him saying that he didn't want White Sox draftees to think they were only drafted to be developed and then eventually traded. Not those exact words. But he said something very similar. I bring those two instances up because KW was obviously talking out of his ass in that regard. I'd be shocked (I mean really shocked) if Hudson is here past the deadline. Yes sir. Go back to old futuresox threads. Some guys were half kidding about the odds of it (especially when KW told Gio to his face he won't be traded again) but after repeating AA in B-Ham to sexy up those numbers with that curve however, some here called it. doc, rock or ms can comment on this if they want, but supposedly the sox were already hesitant to trade Huddy this winter in a deal. (again.. not too sure on it, guys with inside knowledge can choose to comment or not) I wouldn't put it past them to do so, but I just don't see it happening unless it's for another stud young pitcher they like (ala B-Mac deal) when no pitcher (even the top prospects, though most have flopped anyway) have ever moved up 4 levels in one season, and pitched pretty well in the bigs. I can't see KW acquiring a young pitcher however in a division race (yes I think we will be in a race come the deadline) and say Freddy flops or gets injured. I think it will the usual unknown spect that most people here won't know about except spect freaks like myself (ozzie ball, dan, jas, thunder, msfan, jpn, scenario, daa, etc.. or guys that follow the minors and know some guys) in the lower levels that will explode to the scene (ala De Los Santos) that will be hyped alot to trade (hopefully not Nate Jones for example.. though I can see it) along with say.. Flowers, Viciedo etc.. This is KW your right, but I don't see it happening, and judging by your predictions in the past makes me even more confident in mine.
  18. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:39 AM) Our GM is Kenny Williams. That trumps all. Our Brass has liked a lot of guys. I think Hudson is gone by mid-season. The only player I've heard the sox really talk up and winded up trading was Chris Young. Even the great Gio, most people even here knew he wouldn't be here long. (didn't think it would be for Swisher however) I think knightni and fathom said it best in the game thread and I'll agree with their post since I've only said this to very few prospects in the past and have a decent percentage on guessing right (couple guys I flopped on were Reed [more or less my favorite spect ever, though I loved the trade for Freddy at the time], Honel, BA, Sweeney [jury still out]) sox will regret trading Hudson if they do. (don't get me wrong though if it's for a prime stud bat in a division race then by all means, but no Swisher type level guys) I'll stand by my opinion though so we'll see. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:04 AM) With the shift in the economic climate in the last two offseasons, I just think there's only about 5 teams in baseball that would dare to take a risk with Linebrink's contract at this latter stage in his career. I would think the Cubs are one of the 5. And I think they would love to have him back in the NL. Question is not only money.. will Linebrink waive his no-trade, but to stay in Chicago? He is a very good teammate in the clubhouse by all accounts. Like I said before, the first half Linebrink doesn't bother me. It's the second half where he goes Brandon Lyons on us.
  19. In other upset news.. Capitals lost today to the Canadians. Vancouver unfortunately won against the Kings, though that was a great game. Buffalo also won. Miller was amazing as usual.
  20. Nice star for my boy Nate Jones. Though Shoemaker is only hitting .174, he's got a .344 OBP with his discipline (5 BB's already) so that is nice to see from him. His bat will probably pick up as the season goes along here.
  21. As I said in the predictions thread, and in another thread, I expect Huddy to have more of an impact this year than most people realize. Now I predicted he'll take over mid-season, but I'll let people here make up their own predicitons on what month and such. I hope to hell Freddy proves me wrong and is serviceable (and no, one good start and one bad start won't sway me either way) this season. I just have a strong feeling we'll be seeing more of Hudson (who the sox brass really likes) than people think.
  22. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:56 PM) I'm following on Gameday. But it does seem most of the Brewers hitters have no plate discipline whatsoever. They will be at the top of the league in strikeouts. Guaranteed. Acquiring Carlos Gomez doesn't help that cause either.
  23. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:21 PM) I think "fun" has gotten in the way based on what I've heard. Man.. that's a shame. Would have been quite a story if he made it to the bigs, like his new rich brother Matt did after one season in another sport. ESPN would have had a field day with that segment.
  24. QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:34 PM) Konerko I've noticed a disturbing trend with you sir.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.