Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:57 AM) I've seen him do it a few times. I know he had some legendary verbal battles with Turner and McCamey in HS that are on youtube. That's only because he and Turner do not like each other. Turner is very mouthy on the court. If a guy is talking s***, or course your gonna talk s*** back.. after you continuous score on him. Rose isn't a verbal guy.. he does his "talking" when he scores. Rondo also has a mouth (like KG) so I just think Rose dropping 39 on him gave him the message. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:55 AM) A healthy Rose and Noah allow this team to give Cleveland at least an exciting series. I'll take that over the 1.8 percent chance we have at getting a top 3 pick because that just isn't happening again. Not to mention the % is much lower than it was when we got Rose. Still don't get why people say this. We were in the TOP 10 when we won the lottery. (8th overall) The Bulls right now have the 15th pick. The Bucks have the 17th which means they will switch with us unless there is now a 0.1% chance we go in the top 3 again. So 99.9% chance we will be at 15 (sorry.. 17) unless Stern wants Turner to come home too.
  2. Ted Ginn Jr. supposedly on the block. I think mostly everyone, except Tru, thought that was a bad pick at #9 anyways. EDIT: Apologies to Carl. It wasn't you who I remembered liking it back then (probably had that pick confused with another you liked or something that was bad). You hated the pick as well.
  3. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:39 PM) Soria in Soon as you said this, I knew they'd be alright. Shame they might burn that guy this year.
  4. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:45 PM) O'Neill looks good, 2 IP, a bunch of zeros and 3 K. He's pitched 5.1 inning so far.. the biggest stat.. 0 BB's! I hope something's clicked for him. He and Bellamy are the two guys that were suppose to move up quickly. Prior to last year, only Bellamy has shown it, so it's now or never for O'Neil. Nice game for Silverio and Ciolli. Nice to see. And the Knights got to Tillman, but they can't get to every pitching phenom all the time. Arrieta was very good.
  5. QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:53 AM) The Sox will be 4-5 by tonight. Danks has his first win. And a new thread is started calling for the indefinite retention of Ozzie as Sox manager. So Ozzie will finally be managing "Ozzie Ball" tonight? I believe we are 3-4 when we hit a home run, 0-1 when he don't. I love this Ozzie Ball so far.
  6. QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:21 AM) Soxtalk Golden years > Soxtalk Leaner Years it is amusing though Fixed. People are seriously taking these comments too seriously. In fact, Mike (SS2K5) made the best post yet.
  7. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:56 AM) I tried to say this in a nicer manner. But yeah. A Hudson for Parra swap (assuming Parra would be the main piece) would obliterate the debacle that was the Nick Swisher trade (what we gave up to acquire him). So... what mine wasn't nice enough bro? I honestly tried to put it as real as possible, though ya.. could had done it better, but it's late as hell so I was lazy.
  8. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:11 AM) I'd think long and hard about a Hudson deal. I'd think about it for about a second, laugh hysterically, then hope KW doesn't smoke himself retarded if he even considers giving up Huddy for Gerardo freaking Parra. (and I hate dissing guys who have my first name but that would be an embarrassing return)
  9. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...0&start=870
  10. SoxAce replied to shago's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:36 PM) Well, he had a solid rookie year last year. So it's not like he came outta nowhere. And the "stuff" was never in question. So I'm not just going by tonight's domination. His stuff really isn't overpowering, but he mixes up well, and uses all 4 or 5 of his pitch arsenal well. He was never a strike out pitcher in the minors. (though he's solid at 7.0 K:9) He isn't quite as sexy with stuff as say.. a Jonathan Sanchez through out, but as we all know, you don't always need that though for a guy picked 5th overall in the country, it isn't what I would prefer personally. He even said it himself, he doesn't trick anybody, but he is a great student of the game, so obviously he was in the film room looking at our guys' weaknesses.. you know.. throw pitches low and out of the zone as I believe 7 or 8 of his 12 Ks were pitches out of the zone. Now I'll say this, that cutter he added, as done wonders for him.
  11. SoxAce replied to shago's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:14 PM) I get the feeling quite a few people around here have never heard of Romero. He wasn't taken 6th overall in the '05 draft for kicks. He's got a good FB, a plus change and a plus curve. Well to be fair, he was considered an overdraft (think Tyler Colvin of the Cubs type overdraft) in 2005. He will forever be known for some people, including myself, as "that guy who was taken before Troy Tulowitski" and I remembered I was stunned they didn't take Tulo, Mike Pelfrey (only at least had a very good 08 season/made it to the bigs) or Wade Townsend (though he has been a huge bust, as I was a fan of his) especially because both the pitchers and Tulo were more highly touted and had better college numbers comming out. One start against us won't change my mind on him unless he continues this the whole season, but the guy has always had pressure living up to being selected that high and hasn't been too bad through-out the minors. We'll see on him.
  12. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:46 PM) Was Rose talking s*** to Rondo? Awesome. I hope so, but that really isn't his style, but I missed the first quarter and spurts. Rondo and Garnett was supposedly giving him the business early on (where you goin? you got nothin, etc..), till Rose kept hitting shots, then they shut up. BTW, Nice Marisa Miller sighting and giving more sexy compliments to Derrick.. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:42 PM) On TV, apparently after the loss to the Suns Pax shoved Vinny and challenged him to a fight over the number of minutes for Noah. Wonderful. Yea, I got to give kudos to K.C. Johnson who knew about the story long before, but decided to hold off till the Bulls season (and VDN's job) is over to report it. Obviously that douche from yahoo sports found out (Adrian Wocojndhfiuodg, though that is his job) so after it leaked, K.C. is now gonna write about it tomorrow. He also said there are "other stories" that we don't know about that he might write about after the season as well. Obviously risked his job doing this, but is showing his class.
  13. Man we were in the top 10 as far as plate discipline and I believe 1st in not striking out as a team entering this game. Both stats went up drastically. Romero was filthy.
  14. SoxAce replied to hogan873's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:59 PM) Really? Back when I ate crappy all the time, Captain Crunch and me were like crossed fingers. Captain Crunch is the tits. By far my favorite cereal growing up. (still love it as much now)
  15. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:16 PM) How has nobody posted this yet? I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77034
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:03 PM) I want to see his strikeout numbers going down. Meh.. I'll look at that more from Danks. Viciedo struck out only 89 times in 500+ ABs last year in AA compared to 73 Ks from Jordan Danks in only 280+ ABs. Dayan is also more of the slugger, hence why I said I want to see more power from him off setting the Ks. I'll agree with J4L on one thing, I want to see his walk rate go up some, but moving up to another level will be hard for him to do and maintain the K rate. If he can give me a solid average (.290+ which would up his OBP to a decent to respectable .330-.340, if he can walk a tad more) I'll live with that from a 21 year old. Danks has to get his K rate down as a guy who probably won't hit for power though. It's sad when Viciedo is K'ing a tad more than usual early on here (though he still has to adjust like he did in AA) and he is still K'ing less than Jordan has in limited ABs so far.
  17. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 03:53 PM) im sure it goes both ways. sox fan says wrigley is a dump, cub fan says USCF sucks It's sadder with me personally. A few Cubs fans I know love USCF cause our field/ballpark is "nice." They actually go to the games too and just try and either heckle people, or wear Cubs gear like they are some kind of rebel... without a cause. They hate everything else about us though.
  18. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:49 PM) I wasn't doing that. I guess it seemed like it, though. The plate discipline is where I personally want to see the most improvement. And 0 BB in his first 20 AB's is not exactly encouraging. Meh.. it's early. And Viciedo isn't exactly a plate discipline stud, so you'll be getting your hopes up for nothing. Power (OPS) is what I want to see out of him in that bandbox. The OBP will be respectable if his average is up.
  19. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:34 PM) they've got some decent starting pitching in KC, but the bullpen is miserable One of the rare times I'm say what Hawk would say. They got Soria, but they need people to get to him.
  20. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:42 AM) Orlando Hudson says racism is the reason why Dye, other black players are jobless. I agree and disagree with alot of points. But people have to understand sometimes a specific org. is pretty freaking dumb with decisions. Honestly Garrett Adkins? Audrey Huff? Nady? Those clubs will be regretting those deals over Dye, defense be damned. I don't agree on Sheffield though Hudson. Sorry, he's washed up.
  21. QUOTE (Ranger @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 12:12 PM) Teahen tied the game two different times and then delivered the game winning hit. That's probably why. Not to mention even if people are now sucking up on Jones, sox still lose the game 7-6 in the 9th without Teahen.
  22. SoxAce replied to Real's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    They love Butler too FYI. (and for good reason)
  23. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:32 PM) Nope Ya just saw.. it was fathom.
  24. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:29 PM) vizquel 2b, becks dh, cq rf, pk 1b, jones lf, AJ c, Rios cf, ramirez ss, teahen 3b, floyd p Nice, Ozzie not f***ing up with the mojo. Good call (I think it was you Sqwert) on the Pierre day off. I like Becks at DH, though Nix kills LHP.
  25. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:42 AM) 1) Prefer yes, but once Adrian is out of the question, Dye may be the best available bat. 2) Umm...ok. 3) Accept* and I think come July, when he still does not have any deals, he will settle for a DH role, and maybe being that he is familar w/ us, he will be even more willing. I still like Berkman as a bat KW looks at if all goes well for us. (whose to say only Adrian would be the only LH bat/best available come the deadline) Astros are gonna be very bad (not 0-6 bad as they are, but won't be very good) not to mention Dye has already turned down deals for two clubs who will be much better than the Nats. We'll see come July if your "opinion" happens. And if you don't know what I'm talking about with the second one, then you'll learn quick on this site if it happens kid. Thanks for the correction BTW.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.