Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Santos being groomed as closer of the future?
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:46 PM) Well, it's also definitely not going to be Putz with him throwing those 92-93 MPH Billy Koch-esque fastballs...not unless he can get back up into the 94-97 MPH range again. Which may or may not ever happen. Give him time. This is the first year in about 2 years the guy is completely healthy. He'll get stronger as the year goes.
-
Santos being groomed as closer of the future?
We heard the same talk with Nunez (from ppl here and this org) a couple of years ago. I agree with DA, lets not jump the gun here.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
Twins lineup.. Span CF Hudson 2B Hardy SS Morneau 1B Cuddyer RF Kubel DH Young LF Harris 3B Butera C QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:21 PM) Reason? I believe a day off.
-
4/9 Games
Hopefully Nunez has a good first outing. I'm really stocked to see my boy Nathan Jones pitch as a starter again! Looks like Kanny is gonna get an early test tonight. Teheran (Braves pitcher) is a good looking prospect.
-
New DH should be TCQ
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:19 PM) jones is getting 550k for the year. It's not enough resources allocated towards him to care. I thought it was 500K, which makes it even less to care.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:49 PM) Some people forget 2007 even transpired. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:50 PM) I've had several shock therapy sessions to help me forget that year. What they said.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:30 PM) Alexei is sandwiched between some good hitters today. I expect his walk rate to go up now. QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:31 PM) Lucy bothers me so incredibly bad. He's bothered me ever since we passed on Suzuki to take him.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:29 PM) At least Ozzie didn't trot out a 9 righties lineup. 8 (since Vizquel switch hits) isn't close enough for ya? I was shocked he's letting Pierre still bat since he's left-handed. Dude hits both RHP and LHP well over his career (average wise) so it's nice to see Ozzie wising up.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
Lucy.. Welcome to the big leagues.
-
The #2 and #5 spots in the lineup...
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:12 PM) It looks like he's pretty damn good at bunting, though. It's one of the numerous reasons why I didn't have an issue with it. Again, context is everything. I just don't get it when your paying a LF 5+ mil (or about 3 mil from LA's eating up) who has very limited tools to not use his best one which is to steal bases. This wasn't Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate. I hate Pierre's game, but the man can run and that is one of the rare useful things he does on this ball-club. There is a reason Ozzie wanted to hit Beckham 6th for quite sometime, but he has no choice with some of the other guys. Now personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Alexei hit 2nd who put up a .343 OBP last season in the 2 spot, but he always sucks in April, so you can actually give up an at bat on him. I'm not saying even if Pierre steals Becks would get a hit, cause it's possible that he might not deliver like he didn't in the 7th inning, but I'll take my chances on a gap to gap hitter anyday.
-
4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU
Liriano.. I'm smelling 5-6 IP 0 R allowed.. no wait.. he'll give up 1 ER.
-
The #2 and #5 spots in the lineup...
Hammerhead, your one of my top 3 personal favorite posters. One of the rarest times I strongly disagree with you, and don't get you in this one. Hell even a freaking hit and run would have been better than a man who, prior to last season, has never bunted before in his life. I was more impressed Becks got the bunt down actually.. good technique he showed. Looks like he's been working on that. Oh btw.. for a guy who never played LF in his career (god Ozzie...) Rios didn't look bad out there with the angles.
-
For any of you young-uns without a degree
I gotta say Jas... you don't know how much I appreciate this man though I've looked into it before, but never pursued it. Maybe I should give it a harder look.
-
Breakfast Cereals
Youth: Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles, Rice Krispies, Honey Nut Cheerios, Corn Pops, Fruit Loops Currently: Wheaties, Regular Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks, Captain Crunch When I was in Marshal Arts as a kid, my sensi used to say whomever ate Fruit Loops is a little girl (or a p****) and whomever ate Wheaties is a man/champion (you know.. the breakfast of champions reference) so I guessed that stuck with me for years though every now and then, I'll slip up and eat Fruit Loops.
-
2010 Masters Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:07 AM) He was on top of his game most of the day, but his putting and short game clearly wasn't where it needed to be. Ya he missed a couple of short shots he usually is money in. (loved the intensity he showed when he hit that horrid shot into the crowd but came back from it) Still not completely there mentally which is just scary to think about when he's only 2 shots behind Couples.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:13 AM) And he's a wonderful defensive coach, and all of those players (that team talent wise isn't a playoff team) have bought into his system and they're getting results because of it. Not to mention he's an outstanding X's and O's coach, obviously is lacking with the current Bulls coach in running plays.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:10 AM) We'll have to wait and see on Peppers. The Bears are rolling the dice obviously They are, but the Bears (for once) were very smart in negotiating his contract. Unlike Haynesworth, Peppers can be a one year thing, and if it doesn't work out, the Bears don't owe him s*** beyond this season if he gets cut. Obviously though, he'll be gettin paid alot of dough this season. QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:50 PM) Packers picking 23rd in the draft, hope they get Arrelious, Tebow or Spiller! Ugh.. I love Benn. I do not want to end up hating that guy if he's a Packer. I hate Tebow (not to mention he should not be a 1st round pick for anyone), so I'll gladly see him go there.
-
2010 Masters Thread
He looked outstanding yesterday. Dude shot 2 eagles and he never did that before in the Masters. This guy was out what 180+ days of golf action and is still only 2 behind the leader. Simply the best.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:44 PM) If I were calling the shots the Sox would have drafted him. The big thing is he's going to have to hit really well as a catcher to make up for some of his defensive limitations. Still hurts to this day. Me, You and Dan badly wanted him over Lucy. Funny thing is, he hasn't been quite a stud in the bigs as I thought he'd be.
-
Opening Day! 04/08 Games
QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:27 PM) Escobar 4-5, yesssss. That Dash defense should be very good. Very athletic outfield (Short, Greene, Williams) and the middle infielders (Escobar and Garcia) are supposed to be very good. I already called W-S to be our best affiliate team this year (pending promotions) They will be the Barons of last year (though of course not as loaded, just mean a real good record and a potential title) I like the Knights too, but I love W-S more.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:54 PM) You can make the correct decision and not have it pan out and you can make the wrong decision and have it work spectacularly. When you're struggling to find hits and you're not allowing your best pure hitter to take swings because you apparently have little faith in one of the best base stealers in the game to swipe a bag late you're making the wrong decision. As I said before yesterday.. for all the talk Ozzie has said about stealing alot of bases and being more aggresive (basically the TB approach) only Pierre has really done anything when he gets on (though he hasn't been on much, not counting tonight) Jones I believe is the only guy who has a SB and Teahen has 1 CS and Ozzie looks like he is scared to run with him again. I was stunned to see Becks bunting BTW. For a guy who never bunted in his life prior to last season, he's got good technique.
-
Who will be the last Sox starter to get a hit?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:55 PM) Getz is a hard worker who will be a .750 OPS player at his very, very best, unless he lucks into a .320 average or something. He is not a very talented major league baseball player. Mark Teahen does have talent, and at his very best he is probably an .850 or so OPS bat. Expecting a .750 OPS or so out of him is pretty reasonable. Anybody wishing for Getz back after now 3 games is jumping the gun just a little bit. Oh my lord.. wite has seen the light!! :notworthy And as far as this poll, i'll say Kotsay as well cause of the reason Kalapse brings, though Teahen isn't looking good right now, though he's on pace to walk more than he ever has in a season cause of his discipline. (hey he might live up to the money ball ways after all )
-
Does this ever happen to you? (rap fans)
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:20 AM) He sports the black and white a lot. Ya.. I remember alot of rappers at that time sported the sox hat cause of the strike. If I'm not mistaken, Dre said the sox got robbed of a W.S. title.
-
Why Kotsay shouldn't Bat 5th
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) Stunning new article from WhiteSox. com Thome missed, well respected by Team. ""People think I made that decision about Jimmy, and yes, I did. I take the full responsibility," Guillen said. "I talked to Jimmy about why he can't be here, I don't have that many at-bats for him. He understood. At least I was honest with him. I said what I was thinking about the ballclub and Jimmy truly understands what my idea, and you can put it that way, my idea, about not bringing him back, and I respect that." " http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws No s***, You don't say? Some of this "ownage" around this thread is great.
-
Worst Sports TV Show
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 01:23 AM) What's your fav. ESPN show? I stated mine earlier, though any ESPN show really isn't that great. MLB Network is where it's at now-a-days. I'll say this too, I don't mind Sportsnation at all. They have fun at what they do, and as many people said prior, the chick is easy on the eyes.