Everything posted by SoxAce
-
3/31 vs Cleveland
QUOTE (Real @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:17 PM) garcia pitching again? why isnt peavy pitching? this is becoming odd Peavy pitched 4 days ago. It was against the Reds minor league affiliate. He wanted to get some work in.
-
Final Standings for AL Central
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:59 PM) But pretending that team has no questions while the Sox have a ton, when both M's missed a month last year, they have a weak rotation even if Liriano steps up, and their bullpen is a mess, is selling us short to me. Well I wouldn't go far as saying their bullpen is "a mess" just their closer situation. Like I said earlier I think they will address that down the line (before or during the deadline) Their rotation is by far their biggest question mark. The Twins have already been okay with losing Mauer for a while early on last season and still were in the hunt. (and of course won the division) Morneau as well in the past. NOW, if they lose both guys around the same time, then you have a point. (Morneau's injuries have been more fluke though) I don't think Span will duplicate his .380+ OBP again, but he is very legit (.350+ for sure) and their defense (minus Crede for Punto) is much better all around. But they too, are counting on some guys to have big years pitching wise. (I personally like Liriano, but I doubt the other guys in that rotation) Their offense is the least of their concerns.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:35 AM) Cryprvill has 1,327 views, 575 more than the next person, soxace. Damn.. and I thought Dougly's pic was gonna be a hit and I'm not even the leader? And of course I'm now down to 3 stars.
-
2010 AL Central Catch-All
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:35 PM) I saw this happen on TV at the gym but didn't know who it was other than a woman in an Denard Span jersey. Denard Span hits his own mother in the chest with a foul ball in the first inning today. My god.. The odds of that ever happening alone are a million to one. That is crazy.
-
Final Standings for AL Central
I got Sox as of now, but people are fooling themselves if they don't think the Twins will make a trade for a closer by (or before) the deadline to improve their team. (Heath Bell?) Then again... I've long said the sox will add a bat before hand as well in other threads (I love the Berkman prediction by Kalapse) so I'll leave it as the sox winning it. KC will be my surprise team. They will finish ahead of the Indians for 4th place.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:24 AM) Am I going to lose respect among the great White Sox fans of this message board if I date a Cubs fan? Not at all. In fact.. my best relationship (wasn't even my longest relationship FYI) was with a chick that was a Cubs fan (though I helped change that.. now were just friends and she likes the sox) It was pretty good to have that back and forth competition and certain trash talk between us. Good for the friends too who are sox fans (my closest friends ) and my cub friends who (along with her) ganged up on us when we played each other. When we broke up, it was a nice and clean one, nothing harsh/nasty. She is the only ex that I'm still real cool with oddly enough.
-
P90X
As soon as I get money, I'm in this as well, but my personal workout, I've dropped close to 30 pounds now and haven't had this type of body since my senior year in high school. Simple what push-ups/sit-ups and running can do to a man.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 08:45 PM) I would rather go with a rookie, or any of the third stringers. Hell play Acie Law. I still don't get why he isn't getting that many minutes.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
I think the Bears are looking at it as this. They believe both Anderson and Idonije can give the same production with the same amount of snaps as Brown for one eighth of the price. Alex Brown: 722 total snaps, 39 tackles (One tackle for every 18.5 snaps), six sacks (One sack for every 120 snaps), five tackles-for-loss, one quarterback hit, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery. Mark Anderson: 507 snaps, 25 tackles (One tackle for every 20.3 snaps), 3½ sacks (One sack for every 144.9 snaps), two tackles-for-loss. Israel Idonije: 319 snaps, 20 tackles (One tackle for every 15.9 snaps), 2½ sacks (One sack for every 127.6 snaps), one tackle-for-loss, one forced fumble. Now do I necessarily agree with it? By all means no, but can both guys step up and bring it? Sure they can. I actually like Anderson. Young guy, good potential, has shown he can be very good (IF Tommie is Tommie again creating mismatches), etc.. but as lost said, e looks like a one year fluke so far and it's up to him to prove people wrong. Idonije is always solid, but the Bears always changes him around from a DT to DE not to mention I don't believe he'll be as solid as Brown playing more snaps. But the Bears are REALLY gambling on both guys to step up. Brown is a bigger loss than I think they will realize unless one (or both) can be very good.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Former Stanford player. Wonder if KW is looking at him.. s*** I would take him as a 1B/DH, though I'm sure KW wants a LH stick. Dude has a career .351 OBP and he looks primed for a bounce back year after being brutal in that big SF park. Wonder if Seattle is looking at Kotchman more as potential.
-
Kenny Williams is Calling for a Blackout for Opening Day
QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 08:11 PM) People really don't understand KW's comments. He's simply asking Ozzie to start Andruw Jones instead of Kotsay on Opening Day. Your awesome.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:29 PM) I think the issue with Flowers is that he hasn't advanced far enough to hand him the keys next year with basically the same starting staff. His defense is a work in progress, and his hitting has regressed. I guess just see what happens this season and go from there. If AJ has a good season, I hope they give him a 2 year deal, and trade Flowers. Maybe Josh Phegley will go up the organizational ladder without Flowers there. His defense has drastically improved since he was drafted, in fact, he was named the southern league defensive catcher of the year. No he will never be an elite defender, but he worked really hard on his defensive game and is very, very underrated as a pitch caller. If Flowers rakes this season, then see ya A.J. I love Flowers potential especially for a guy who will have a massive OBP/OPS. Give him some time.
-
Wood's 20 K's vs Buehrle's perfect game
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:17 PM) The question isn't which is more impressive: a 20K game or a perfect game. It's what's more impressive: Kerry Wood's 20 k game from 1998 or Buehrle's perfect game from 2009. Well the question was which was the more impressive feat. I stated it earlier. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 09:20 PM) And the Rays had the #5 ranked offense in the AL (7th overall in the majors) not to mention their worst lineup they averaged 5.22 runs per game (guys like Bartlett, etc.. had career years too) TB team had seven 0 run games all season (Astros six) TB had 37 games which they scored less than 3 runs (Astros 30) so we are not talking about a huge difference here. As far as pitcher dominance, no doubt it was Wood's game. But as far as the more impressive feat, that has to be Buehrle. Obviously though, this thread has alot of pro Wood and pro Buehrle in it, so it is a very good/legit discussion and a good thread by J4L.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:21 PM) No. For 2 very basic reasons: 1.) Beane places a good deal of value on defensive ability and Kouzmanoff is a significantly better defender than Teahen and 2.) Kouzmanoff is under non-guaranteed team control for 3 more years where as you're locked into Teahen for the next 3 years for $14M guaranteed. I agree with you, but Teahen was Beane's baby though. Not saying that matters anything, but just wanted to point that out.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
That a boy Konerko.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:45 PM) Quick poll, Kouzmanoff or Teahen? Teahen is alittle better offensively whereas Kouz gives you better defense. This will probably change when Teahen has a great year with the bat, (at least that is what I'm banking) but as of right now, I'm taking Kouz by a slim, slim margin cause of the defense though I wanna see how Teahen does not getting moved around. He is a bit of an enigma though (Kouz). He was the much better prospect than Teahen (though Teahen had the better potential comming out), but he has not translated it to the majors. Teahen would benefit much better moving to a hitters park. Kouz is moving from brutal Petco to... the Coliseum. Not good for him.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
Ya.. Vizquel is still a damn good defender.
-
25 man roster set
QUOTE (docsox24 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:38 PM) they do want to play Jones a lot in CF this year. Also I was not a Pierre fan at all but apparantly he is one of the hardest workers the sox have ever had. He gets to the workout facility at 5:30 every morning. I hate his game, but yes he has been known for a long time now around baseball as a diligent worker. As long as his OBP is around .350 though, I will never complain about him.
-
25 man roster set
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:26 PM) We have someone stationed in Charlotte? Ya I think it's someone with the name rowand in his name (rowand's rowdies?). Can't remember who though but he's saw a few games last season and updated before. EDIT: It is letsgoarow. He's from Biscuit-town.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:19 PM) Willis is a FA after this season as well Hmmm.. I guess rotoworld is alittle off. They said 2013 and I thought Willis signed a 5 year not 3 year. Well Dombrowski is really banking on the younger Willis figuring it out it seems.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:12 PM) It's hard to construct a lineup with virtually no power but Billy Beane appears to have done it. Though he might not ever show his power potential, not to mention the park he's hitting at is brutal for the long ball, but Ryan Sweeney has got to get out of there. Buehrle showin off that gold glove out there early.
-
25 man roster set
OT: But our AAA affiliate will be fun to watch and pretty deep. Might have to get that poster who lives in Charlotte to give us some updates on some guys.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:02 PM) Ian Kinsler looks to be headed for the DL again. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb I gotta stop drafting this dude in fantasy. At least early on.. He's still good for .280-.350-.480-.800+ though. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:05 PM) Damnit, Balta. Did you really have to do research to refute my point? To be fair Robertson is at least an expiring. Willis still has I believe 3 years left. (he won't be a FA till 2013)
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:46 PM) Who does that put into the kitties 5th starter spot? Willis? Galaragga? It will be Willis. They are counting on his good spring training era (though still walks the world) to carry over to the season, not to mention that contract they are paying him. Their rotation is mostly set.. Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, Willis.
-
ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:39 PM) Interesting though, if Castro does go down at all early in the season... will they immediately bring up Flowers to be a backup? Or go with Lucy, to give Flowers full time play in AAA? They would bring up Lucy or even Armstrong long before Flowers. The only way I see them bringing up Flowers is if A.J. got injured. Sox want Flowers to work on his new swing in AAA first. Plus Lucy would give you excellent defense and I'm sure he can't be any worse than 09' Castro was with the bat. It would be foolish to bring up Flowers and have him rot on the bench possibly only starting once a week.