Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    Here's a blast from the past. If your still lurking, happy b-day Alex. :cheers
  2. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 11:31 PM) I knew exactly where I was too. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my mom, dad, and aunt. They all looked at the TV off to the side which was 2 seconds faster than the big screen. Once I saw the ball bounce over the head of Jenks, I caught a glimpse on the other TV of Konerko running in with his hands up. My family turned around and stared at me to get my reaction to it. I was more happily in shock than anything else, but everyone in the place went crazy and people where pouring beers all over eachother. lol. Then when we drove home, there were fireworks being lit off in our neighboorhood. It was a cool scene. Nice.. ya I was at my house with my sister and a couple of friends of mine (one was a Cubs fan, but he likes the sox too.. or you can say.. a typical bandwagoner) We went crazy after Uribe's foul ball catch, then of course when the ball hit over the head of Jenks to him and his throw to first.. CRAZY I tell ya. We then went outside yelled in victory (so did my neighbors) and just doing stupid s***. We then went in a car and drove all around the eastside, southside and downtown. A ton of people were out just going crazy on the sidewalks and streets. We then of course proceeded to a bar and drank our asses off, went back to the car (though at that time it was a blur for me) and drank our asses off. Still shocked we didn't get into an accident (or pulled over) that night.
  3. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Me and my friend sung a Backstreet boy song (the main lyrics) jokingly last week at his house..... SOBER.
  4. My boy Nate Jones going (back) to the rotation. I'll definitely be following his progress as a starter, as I know the sox really like him.
  5. Well I don't agree with him here.. No Chuck.. I knew EXACTLY what I was doing that historic night on October 26th. Now.. about 2-3 hours later after they won it and the celebrating, is a total blur.
  6. I'm gonna miss it (bro using the computer, not to mention will be watching Bulls and B-Hawks games) but hopefully our guys do well.
  7. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:30 PM) Your opening day lineup? I forogt who was quoted as saying (per Oz) Kotsay will start at DH with Westbrook pitching. But we will see alot of that lineup this season.. hopefully Rios is moved up though. I personally LOVE Alexei batting 9th though. Improving discipline, can run and has power out of that 9 spot.
  8. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 01:50 PM) Kanny opening day roster: http://static.newsroom.mlbcontrol.net/docu...ster_040210.pdf Hmmm Silverio in Kanny huh? Looks like the sox want to see what they really have in him. I was shocked to see Bellamy still in Kanny though. Thought he should had been in W-S.
  9. QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 01:38 PM) I love this guy. He's getting up there next to jhonny danks as a personal favorite of mine.
  10. Before anyone freaks out about Peavy.... BTW, this will make me sick this season when it most likely happens..
  11. So, I'm assuming since he played his game in a Knights uniform yesterday, that Jordan Danks will be in AAA to start the season? AAA rotation all but set.
  12. Well this is a news story, so yes it is true folks. BA to pull an Ankiel (or technically.. a Santos, though BA was the better hitter in the minors.) BA was a much better hitter than pitcher in college though. If anyone I thought would do it when he flopped (I'm talking who was in our org. at one time), it would had been Ryan Sweeney who was a stud pitcher in high school.
  13. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 12:39 PM) Since I don't have weights, I've had to build a hybrid routine with the Bowflex I have. See I'm the same way.. And if anything.. I would KILL to have a Bowflex waaay more than P90X.
  14. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:56 AM) The fourth line saved them again and I am starting to think that all of the offseason work Kane did that we heard about earlier in the year is gone. So Kane all of a sudden lost muscle and went back to being skinny? Got it.
  15. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 06:08 AM) Didn't that come from that scout here a couple years back? Can't remember.. but I just never forgot that quote.
  16. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 10:23 AM) Jurassic I'm sure that's who he was talking about.
  17. Since these two are favorite players of mine.. this is good stuff.
  18. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:30 PM) Gerst, huh? I was just as shocked. I remember hearing the sox saw him as another Ellsbury clone. Guess not.
  19. QUOTE (sircaffey @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:07 PM) No one's panicking. Especially considering even if he flops during the season, theres a damn good 23 year old waiting in the wings. This isn't like past years when we had no depth at the starters spot. The only thing anyone should be concerned with Freddy (which has been his M.O. for a while) is his tendency to lose focus against the sucky teams.
  20. Garcia still pitching Balta?
  21. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:44 PM) I wonder how many innings it will take before people are calling for Hudson to replace Garcia? That was on my predictions list that we will see Hudson more than people realize. I said it'll be from Freddy getting injured, or just not getting the job done. The spect lover in me wants Hudson here as well. Got the better arm.
  22. Keep updating Balta. Really appreciate it man.
  23. QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 03:26 PM) Sorry, I accidentally voted for Kansas City. I had selected the Sox and I guess I clicked the radio button or something. Hmmm..Go Royals? Funny thing is.. as of now the Royals (5) have more votes than Detroit (2).
  24. QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:24 PM) Kotsay has been good this spring and I think he'll be a solid part of the team, but 5hole? I hate it too (much rather have Rios or Teahen there) but I'll gladly prefer him over A.J.
  25. SoxAce replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:14 PM) Facing the Twins the bases are loaded with Thome at the plate, so I bring in Throtan and on the first pitch Thome lays down a bunt for a suicide squeeze really game? Now thats hilarious

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.