Ozzie please resign, I know you can't sit through this again

caulfield12

And please take Teahen, Kotsay, Pierre, Andruw Jones, Vizquel and Linebrink with you.

Well, at least we have some hope for the future with Santos, and Pena actually pitched very well.

Alex Rios has shown up for the 2010 season thank god, but the next thing you'll hear is trying to unload that contract on another team, lol.

Other than Beckham and Quentin, it's hard to really care about anyone in our starting line-up. Alexei is the same old Alexei...brilliant plays followed by complete lapses in concentration, I don't even know what to say anymore about him.

The sad thing is that with this pitching staff, we really will be in just about every game. And, unfortunately, so many efforts for our starters will be wasted, like the last three nights.

Hard to imagine paying hard-earned money for what we've seen so far out of this team. White Sox fans deserve better...

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know if it's an overreaction.

There's just something wrong with the chemistry in our organization. I really think either Guillen OR Williams need to go, and Greg Walker definitely needs to find a new home. I guess in the end, I trust KW making personnel decisions more than I do our manager being magically transported in time to 2003 with this roster.

This franchise has just gotten stale since the World Series. I can't even quite put my finger on it.

Edited by caulfield12

And Guillen's response to such criticism was a bit on the angry side in defense of his strategy.

"Well, don't watch it. That's easy, man," Guillen said. "If you don't want to watch the way I'm managing this club, be a Cub fan or talk about something else. I'm not going to tell people why I do stuff, what I did."

He doesn't care about anyones feelings on this, and he isn't resigning. So this is pointless.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
I don't even know if it's an overreaction.

There's just something wrong with the chemistry in our organization. I really think either Guillen or Williams need to go, and Greg Walker definitely needs to find a new home.

This franchise has just gotten stale since the World Series. I can't even quite put my finger on it.

4 games! Yes, it's an overreaction.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
I know it's a long offseason, and it sucks that the team is not winning. However, the massive overreaction going on right now is hilarious.

+100

You could go to at least 15 other message boards and find at least a dozen fans proclaiming their team's season over. It's quite funny.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
He doesn't care about anyones feelings on this, and he isn't resigning. So this is pointless.

Ozzie should be fired for telling his company's customers to take their business to the competition.

Also, I thought I heard him say something on CTL before the game about "idiots" that think they know baseball and something like "that's why they have to get up at 4:00 in the morning and I have this bleepin' job." Very condescending to the fans.

Couple this with his poor eye for talent, his poor in-game managing and his inability to make out a decent lineup and I think he has finally worn out his welcome. I liked Ozzie but his time has come. He wanted this mess of a roster so now he has to take the blame for wasting this great pitching staff. Yes, it's early, but if he's going to insult the fans who are upset at his team's poor performance it's already time for him to go. Maybe some fans are overreacting, but you don't insult your fans.

If Ozzie said that, he's copying Lee Elia who said something similar as Cubs skipper decades ago.

I think Sox fans aren't offended by much that he says. He says a lot of things.

He's soon going to be exploding about this offense, just as his fans are.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Ozzie should be fired for telling his company's customers to take their business to the competition.

Also, I thought I heard him say something on CTL before the game about "idiots" that think they know baseball and something like "that's why they have to get up at 4:00 in the morning and I have this bleepin' job." Very condescending to the fans.

Couple this with his poor eye for talent, his poor in-game managing and his inability to make out a decent lineup and I think he has finally worn out his welcome. I liked Ozzie but his time has come. He wanted this mess of a roster so now he has to take the blame for wasting this great pitching staff. Yes, it's early, but if he's going to insult the fans who are upset at his team's poor performance it's already time for him to go. Maybe some fans are overreacting, but you don't insult your fans.

Sports fans are some of the dumbest creatures on earth. I don't blame Ozzie at all for that.

The problem isn't that the season is over.

The problem is that our starting pitching is way too good for the season to ever end...it will be a long, slow, lingering death because of the offensive shortcomings, which were apparent last year and all too apparent again in the early games in 2010.

That it was predictable and completely avoidable...that's what is most upsetting.

It's doubtful the Twins can run away from the rest of the pack with Rauch as the closer, and the Tigers have a bundle of holes, too.

I have no doubts the White Sox will be "in it" for most of the season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Sports fans are some of the dumbest creatures on earth. I don't blame Ozzie at all for that.

Maybe so. But they're the ones paying the salaries of Ozzie, his coaches and his players. I guess that proves how dumb they are!

Regardless, you don't continually insult the fans who may or may not be wrong in their criticism of their favorite team. And you don't make condescending comments about "that's why they have to get up at 4:00AM and go to work while I have this job." I'm not quite sure that's exactly what he said because of the bleeps and his accent, it certainly sounded like that. But if I heard that correctly, that comment crosses the line.

EDIT: Ok, I found the Ozzie quote - Here"You don't want to watch the way I manage this ballclub, be a Cub fan or talk about something else," Guillen said on Friday. "I don't want to tell people why I do stuff and why I did it. They talk about taking the bat [out of Beckham's hands], it's the seventh and the ninth inning. I've got my two best hitters [coming up], the only guys swinging the bat well right behind.

"All those idiots out there who talk about baseball, they should come here and manage for me. I don't have to explain to anybody why I do stuff. They have to get up at 4 a.m. and talk [expletive]. I'm going to run this ballclub the way I think it should be done. I'll bet they didn't talk about how we struck out 12 times and all the times we had bases loaded and didn't get a hit. They talk about how I run this ballclub! Shame on them."

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
The problem isn't that the season is over.

The problem is that our starting pitching is way too good for the season to ever end...it will be a long, slow, lingering death because of the offensive shortcomings, which were apparent last year and all too apparent again in the early games in 2010.

That it was predictable and completely avoidable...that's what is most upsetting.

It's doubtful the Twins can run away from the rest of the pack with Rauch as the closer, and the Tigers have a bundle of holes, too.

I have no doubts the White Sox will be "in it" for most of the season.

Do you really think we're gonna hit .150 for the season? We're 2nd in baseball in BB with 24. That's an average of 6 a game. That's something to be encouraged about. The hits will come. We're gonna need a solid month before we can come to any legitimate conclusion on what kind of offense we really have.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
Lol two threads wanting ozzie gone and its only been 4 games

I actually don't blame the TCs that much.

Ozzie's made some boneheaded decisions and his decision to not bring Thome back for Mark Kotsay angers me to no end.

Ozzie is one of the reasons why this team has scored 9 runs in the past 3 games.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)

It's ridiculous that he would say that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)

I'm sure there are quite a few idiots out there, but it's no reason for him to be saying those things.

And I hope you mean "dumb" in the sense of baseball, as I'm sure Ozzie knows more than most in that regard. I'd wager that quite a lot of people are more intelligent than him, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
I'm sure there are quite a few idiots out there, but it's no reason for him to be saying those things.

And I hope you mean "dumb" in the sense of baseball, as I'm sure Ozzie knows more than most in that regard. I'd wager that quite a lot of people are more intelligent than him, though.

I'd say a good portion of this message board is.

Ozzie's using the stupid ass argument of, "hey, I have this job, you don't, I'm better than you."

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
I'd say a good portion of this message board is.

Ozzie's using the stupid ass argument of, "hey, I have this job, you don't, I'm better than you."

Is it any wonder why his punk son Oney is such a tool? You can blame Ozzie all you want for the roster, but it is only 4 games, and remember KW is the guy in charge. If he didn't think Ozzie's wishes were good enough to win, its his responsibility to tell him to f*** off and hand him a roster he feels can win. The one curious thing I have about this offense is the Sox cut down on power, but also loaded up on fairly low on base guys. Defensively, Teahen isn't very good, Alexei seems like he's still the same, spectacular one minute, horrible with little effort the next. Quentin is already wearing out a patch in RF. He plays everyone in about the same spot. So defensively, while they may be improved, its not very significant IMO. They are going to have to score more runs. Last year I posted they only won 6 or 8 games the whole year when scoring less than 4 runs. If the homers aren't going to come as often, they need to string together more hits. They need another hitter.

The beautiful thing about baseball is a week from now, all the complaining could very easily be compliments. The roster is flawed, but so is the division. They are still OK.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
I know it's a long offseason, and it sucks that the team is not winning. However, the massive overreaction going on right now is hilarious.

it's the only thing keeping me from being too pissed off, the notion that if his new style and new-look team is make or break in four games.

I'm not Ozzie's biggest fan as a manager, but even I agree that 4 games is way too harsh to jump him. He's brutal in game (though it's hard when you have Joey Cora as your bench coach), but you can't blame him for Alexei's 2 errors, Kotsay and Jones hitting .200 and lower (though you can rip him on wanting those guys in the first place, i.e. resigning Kotsay) Teahen not showing up, etc.. etc..

I've said it plenty of times too, there should be ZERO blame Greg Walker threads this season. Look at the crap he has to work with. If Beckham, Quentin and Konerko are hitting .230 by July (not to mention there are the only four I see putting up a .350+ OBP unless I'm missing someone.. Maybe Teahen if he hits as good as he's walking), then I'll jump on Walker.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)

This team will go on a winning streak eventually, and it'll bring us above .500 and near 1st or in 1st place, and threads like this need to be f***ing bumped.

Are the Red Sox a good team? Look at their record right now, chill out people.

The hits will come. We're gonna need a solid month before we can come to any legitimate conclusion on what kind of offense we really have.

Maybe.

You'd think Beckham, CQ, Paulie, AJ, Ramirez, Rios and even Teahen will sizzle in stretches.

To tell you the truth, I have no confidence in any one of our acquisitions for this season though, including Teahen.

Edited by greg775