Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 02:26 PM) Oh, and Pinella named Tom Gorzelanny and Carlos Silva to their starting rotation. All I have to say is ha ha ha and ha. My god.. is Sean Marshall that bad? Seems like he's always being dicked around by that organization. I can understand not getting Samardzija a shot who I see as a future BP guy anyway, but Marshall is much better than both of those guys.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 01:31 PM) I won't hate them as much as usual?! Exactly. I can't stand the Canucks at all either. I actually wouldn't mind the Wings knocking out the Canucks in the first round. IMO, the Canucks are a really, really good team that scares me more than the Sharks do.
-
ESPN's Bold Predictions
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 12:29 PM) I don't think that is really bold. The kid has a nose for the big AB already. I don't think his pace last year was too far from 100 RBI if you project him over a full season anyway. Well he won't get 100 batting 2nd all year. If Ozzie moves him to 3rd, 4th or 5th later in the year, I would believe it. Can't see it hitting behind Pierre and whomever is batting 8th & 9th unless someone has an outstanding year.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 07:47 AM) Detroit looked good again last night. After Howard gave up a softie to let the Wild back in the game at 4-2, the Wings promptly scored twice in 2 and 1/2 minutes to get the breathing room back. Dan Cleary aggravated his groin injury and left the game - if he has to miss any time, that could hurt them. Otherwise, they're healthy and scary. I wish they had some time to rest before playing Nashville, but that's tonight in Tennessee. Go Wings!!!! As long as they move up to the 6th seed and take on the Canucks, I'll love them slightly. OT: The Pens/Flyers game, seems like the refs are trying to fix the game to have the Penguins win it. Already gave the Pens 2 questionable PPs and waved a good goal off from replay.
-
ESPN's Bold Predictions
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 01:33 AM) Holliday and Manny? I was thinking Helton and A-Rod, but your probably right.
-
ST: vs Diamondbacks 3PM
QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:56 PM) I already whined about the pitching, but the offense took another day off. Oh no, I was saying that's gonna said alot about Justin Upton. He's sexy.
-
ESPN's Bold Predictions
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:20 PM) Other than Pujols, there isn't a better all-around in baseball, IMO. I would argue Hanley Ramirez, who is phenomenal, but I get what your saying and agreed.
-
Midwest Region
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:12 PM) Turner walks off without shaking hands. That doesn't surprise me with him. Though IMO, he should be the #1 pick over Wall, but that's another day/thread.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 07:26 PM) JaMarcus Russell reportedly weighed in at 290 pounds when he reported for the Raiders' offseason program. So Oakland can scratch left tackle off its list of needs. Russell was initially reported to weigh 271, but many close to the situation immediately doubted that report. Russell, annually and incredibly overweight, isn't doing anything to shed his emerging label as the biggest bust in NFL history. Mar. 26 - 9:00 pm et My god.. all that talent. I would kill to have his abilities, as I probably would already be damn good in this league. I didn't think anyone would surpass Ryan Leaf as one of the biggest top 3 bust. This guy might destroy that.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
If the Bulls lose to the friggin Nets AGAIN tomorrow, I'm officially giving up on them.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:53 PM) So maybe jphat misquoted him and meant to say that Freddy doesn't care about the game results (which is normal) You would be correct. Though some players have said they would prefer shorter ST times. Gavin Floyd was ready to go 2 weeks ago.
-
2010 Preview: Middle Infielders
Yea this will hopefully be addressed in this years draft. I liked Daniel Wagner when he was picked, but I knew he would never hit enough. (though his discipline has surprised me) Thought he could hit well enough to be trade bait. One guy I remember the sox were high on too was Daurys Mercedes when he was signed with Silverio and another Dominican IF. I just know Silverio was really hyped to be the much better prospect (5 tool player) though looking at Mercedes' numbers, he tremendously improved his plate coverage which was his weakness last season, and some think he's now more advanced than Silverio. We'll see.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:28 PM) Ok. I will just repeat myself then.... I can't imagine Sweaty Freddy is partaking in the same idea of "working on pitches" like Peavy, Buehrle, Danks, and Floyd are/might be doing. I would think he should actually be trying to hold down that #5 spot for as long as he can before Hudson snatches it away. And if that's the case, his spring numbers aren't encouraging. And the idea of "He does not give a damn about spring training" is s***ty behavior. Maybe he does not care about the boxscore (but again, he should because he has Hudson breathing down his neck), but that is different from "not giving a damn about spring training". He's fine Joe. Ozzie already said Hudson (who was his only competition) is going to be in AAA. Now IF Freddy was doing this during the season trying to hold it down, I would agree with you. Freddy knows if he doesn't perform when the games count, then Hudson will take over. But right now, I don't think he's worried the sox are gonna turn Santos or Aquino into SP anytime soon. Buehrle, Jenks and Peavy said the same thing about not caring they got shelled. What matters to them is that they feel good (health wise, mechanics, location, etc..) even after a 6 ER effort. That's why I was telling people not to get freaked out on Mark Teahen yet, who I was more or less looking at his defense at 3B more-so than his at-bats (not to mention the ridiculous bad luck he's been getting so far)
-
ST: vs Diamondbacks 3PM
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 04:01 PM) Justin Upton with a 3 run HR off of Garcia. That is gonna be said alot this year.
-
ESPN's Bold Predictions
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 06:54 PM) It just lends credence to all the "National Star" talk of the offseason, there's little doubt in my mind that if he does live up to potential he's going to be a pretty big name in the game. Especially playing at a position like 2B. Hopefully he hits like I think he will and get the Chase Utley of the AL love. (though of course we all know there is only 1 Chase Utley)
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 01:19 PM) The most badass alphabet ever I knew J was gay.
-
Buddy Bell conference call
QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 12:45 PM) Getting in a stance where your arms restrict head movement would be a good idea if Danks has a problem with keeping his head on the ball (I used to have this problem and I still do. It's hard to get rid of). So did I. It was sad when opposing pitchers had to point it out to me after the game..
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:28 AM) Jason Heyward makes the Braves. He is more than 2 years younger than me and can't even drink yet. I'm officially starting to feel really, really old. Well if it makes you feel any better, he'll be one of the sickest young players to watch in the next decade (along with Justin Upton) and he's your man crush, so I hope I could help you along this process. I started to feel this way when Rick Porcello made it with the Tigers and he's about 2 years younger than me.
-
Buddy Bell conference call
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:24 AM) I'd take that out of Danks2 for sure. Me too no doubt. Good hitter he was.
-
How many games will this team win in 2010?
89. Even though our offense sucks, our pitching is too good. (not to mention we are in a s***ty division) So I guess I'm in the 87-91 mark.
-
This league is loaded
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 02:51 AM) Billingsley's good but he doesn't go without red flags. All of his peripherals got worse (not by much, but they did), and a career WHIP of 1.38 doesn't exactly scream dominant to me. He's good, but he gets grouped in with the Gavin Floyds and Nick Blackburns of the league, not the Tim Lincecums and Felix Hernandez's. He was alittle banged up last season too, and to me.. he had a lesser Cole Hamels type down year. He got a little unlucky last year and may return to grace too. I expect a very good season from Bills a 3 era/125 era+ year from him (basically a repeat of his 08 season), though if he is what he was again, I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him. If I was to put him in a tier though, I would say Zambrano or Kazmir especially with their high walk rates, but real good stuff. "Dominant" could be another story.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
Nice article on Peavy liking Hudson. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws And a video of anyone here who only thinks Quentin smiling was a one time thing.. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/vide...17&c_id=cws
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 02:04 AM) Honestly, you guys are over-analyzing the s*** out of this. This is soxtalk, what did you expect?
-
This league is loaded
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 12:38 AM) Tommie Hanson: 23 I like the spirit (probably cause I LOVE Hanson), but I would rather wait to proclaim a guy "dominant" when he hasn't pitched more than 21 starts. (and only 1 season, as I would almost say the same for Yovani Gallardo too) I'll take his teammate Jair Jurrjens instead though. Really underrated young pitcher. Needs a Chad Billingsley shoutout too. Potentially Gallardo, Matusz, Parker, Hughes, Bamgarner, Cahill, Latos, etc.. all have chances.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Even after this brutal loss, Calgary lost to Edmonton so the Hawks clinched a playoff spot.