Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM) He is so stinking fragile. Very injury prone player. He needs to be gone next season by any means. I still don't see him fitting with Rose long term like I do say.. a Rudy Gay. (though I'm sure that won't happen nor will a Deng trade with that contract unless were taking back a Kevin Martin like contract in return) His production though is still needed for this team to make the playoffs.
  2. QUOTE (earthshiner @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:37 PM) seems like the best option with this lineup. Unless Teahen shows he can do it Ya Teahen potential wise (other than Jones though were talking LH stick here) is the best option, but since he's starting off slow, he'll probably bat lower. I would slightly prefer Kotsay over AJ if given the choice since Kotsay has the higher OBP (and over his career), not to mention he doesn't fall in love in getting too homer happy, and he can do more of the "little things." (moving guys over, better at sac. flies, etc..) Both do not excite me as they will both be GIDP alot in that spot unfortunately. (Konerko and AJ back to back.. not a good idea, A.J. grounded into more DPs than Konerko did last season as well) Ideally though, both would be hitting much lower in a lineup.
  3. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 11:38 AM) Marmol is fastball dominant with a nasty slurve; No he is slider happy. In fact.. in lots of games I've seen him throw that pitch more than his fastball. He gets too "K-Rod" happy with that pitch instead of throwing and locating the heat putting guys away/just getting the out.
  4. QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 01:21 AM) Nice work Ger! Keep it up broseph! Thanks Mark.
  5. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:36 AM) Eh, most teams in the NBA seem to do that nowadays (come back in the 4th if down by more than 20, see Indiana vs. Cleveland today for instance). With the Raptors beating the Hawks thanks to Bosh's late game heroics, the lead for 8th is now 2.5 games. With your top 3 scorers out, not to mention the last game with Hinrich suspended (so top 4)? Must be alot of letting up with other teams doing that.
  6. Dunno if this thread should still be up since Winter is over.. All new episode of South Park was on yesterday. Not bad, not great, though they made Tiger Woods hilarious in it..
  7. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:33 PM) I know. I was being silly more than anything. I just don't like Juan Pierre. I used to clown Cubs fans when he was with them. I can't just start liking because he's a White Sock. Now if he sports an OBP over .350, then that might change. Exactly. As long as he's getting on base at a solid rate, you won't hear a peep from me about him this season.
  8. SoxAce replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 05:32 PM) Like 7 times thus far. Luckily I don't strike out much either (about 20 times) if I work it to a 3-1 count and get a fastball at the belt I'm gonna swing and chances are I'm picking up an extra base hit. Also; when you have a 20+ game hit streak going your approach changes a bit, if the ball is over the plate I'm gonna try to put it in a gap somewhere, I'm not going to pass up hittable pitches for the sake of drawing a walk. Juan Pierre loves you.
  9. I gotta admit the Bulls have been fighting back in games short-handed. Acie Law looks like a player. Maybe we can resign him to a cheap contract to backup Rose for the next decade..
  10. I have no idea what the refs were watching in this game. I would not be surprised if Quennville says something to the media about the refs that might make him a marked man. I can't believe Wiz of all people did that. Dude we all cheered for at one time playing dirty.
  11. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 04:11 PM) God, i really hope Jones and Kotsay can translate these numbers to the regular season. Well I don't expect much out of Kotsay personally. The only way he can "surprise" is if he was putting up a .780+ type OPS for us. (not expecting anything over .800+ Hell a .750-.770 OPS out of him, and I'll be happy) Jones on the other hand, is a type of guy who can either explode or suck severely. As I said in the other thread, I would not be surprised to see him overtake the DH job with his talent.
  12. SoxAce replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:56 PM) Ice Age isn't Pixar. Not a bad film though, I agree. Wow.. could have fooled me. Well I enjoyed A Bug's Life as well as far as analyzing it. (had to watch it in my H.S. film class) Dunno if Antz is Pixar too (don't think it is) but it was good as well.
  13. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:51 PM) Good thing Andruw Jones is awesome. Drives in Gordo with a double down the line. He's really had himself a good spring. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:51 PM) Lexy knocks in Kong, 2-1 Sox :o :o
  14. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:33 PM) Ramon Juan Castro is worthless. I can't believe we couldn't get a better backup catcher. Loney homered. 1-0 Dodgers.
  15. QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:28 PM) boo, its not free Yea you got to check the box score, so I never said it was.. If it was on whitesox.com/watch live it would be free.
  16. SoxAce replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:27 PM) Getting to rewatch lots of the Pixar stuff with having young kids, I do think Monsters was my favorite. Toy Story and Nemo are right there too. Yea Toy Story was my favorite when I was a kid with the Incredibles right up there. Ice Age ain't bad either.
  17. In case anyone is wondering Sox and Dodgers are playing right now on MLB TV. Alexei leaves the bases loaded in the 1st. Peavy vs Russ Ortiz (Yes I'm shocked he's still around myself)
  18. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:49 PM) Wow, f***ing Crawford is STARTING tonight. Ugh. Watch him get a shutout creating controversy at the goal-tending position once again..
  19. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:08 PM) And he really didn't deny it, which is interesting all by itself. Ya he's going to undergo concealing, frequent testing and he apologized. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/base...gton/index.html More quotes in link.
  20. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 05:21 AM) Does anyone here squat regularly? Jesus, I did five sets of five reps on Sunday and my thighs have been sore since. It's a chore walking; especially climbing stairs. What's worst of all is it took me three times as long to complete my run because I couldn't move my legs as fast as before, and the stiffness has drained my energy. I'd really like to continue, I'm sure it'll be better as the weeks go on, but I can't keep forsaking my runs for squats. Any advice? Yes. I do a set of 50 (with sets of leg lifts to boot) and it kills me, but when I go on the elliptical it slows me down, but I pick up speed later on during the workout. For me, I limit what I can do during a day. Before, I did squats, leg lifts, push-ups, sit-ups, running, etc.. all in one day which killed me. I would say in a normal workout day, just take the day off to rest your leg muscles which helps me at least, or take a looooong hot bath (though I'm not a bath guy) to more or less relax (or massage if you will) the muscles. Or, you can just work on your body, and do conditioning the next day/morning. I'm sure others are probably more help than I am though, but I hope I helped alittle. BTW, to keep up with my theme, I'm down to 153 the last time I checked, so hopefully I can hit my 150 goal weight, though I might be shooting for 145 since I still got alittle fat in some areas of my 5'7 frame.
  21. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 12:08 PM) Ron Washington likes cocaine apparently. Nice example for Josh Hamilton. Ha! Not surprising for me actually. He fits the look of a coke addict actually.
  22. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:51 AM) Elijah Dukes is Milton Bradley with more kids He is much worse than Milton.
  23. Acie Law had himself a game last night as well. I hope he gets a much longer look. Pargo was terrible, so was Brown.
  24. Bulls would have to lose a s***load of games to get into the top 10. I believe the Clippers are 7 games ahead of the Bulls as far as the #10 pick. Bucks either way you look at it, are sitting pretty.
  25. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:26 PM) How did we get the 6th run after Kotsay scored on teh WP? Pierre single to LF scored a run (Alexei). Randy Williams looking real good. 6 IP, no runs allowed in ST. QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:27 PM) You haven't even mentioned that Gonzalez guy yet... That was the "etc.."

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.