Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:00 PM) They are never going to call that an offensive foul (even though Reggie Miller or Fratello picked up what I am saying about Rose extending his left arm into Howard's chest), but I am just saying that Howard is not 100% to blame for Rose's injury. Just bad luck more than anything. I would believe you, but this is twice now that this has happen. Howard is just a brick so I wouldn't expect for him to give any easy buckets, but it's another that you just don't attempt to block the shot (he put his hands straight up in the air and stood there) and get Rose with the body.. again. I don't care about that foul from Howard (Rose needs to to probably learn how to go with both feet in the air), but he's a big whiner when he doesn't get calls in the paint for every ticky tack foul I noticed. You think Shaq was anything like that when players played real defense in the 90s and Shaq was constantly abused? Don't even get me started on people flopping against him almost every game back then. (still now) He is the real superman not Howard.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 06:49 PM) Hynick was walking unnoticed by the fans until I shouted, “BRANDON! BRANDON HYNICK!” and instantly made him the most popular player on the team for a minute and a half. He came over, and I said, “Happy to have you out of Colorado."Ace of the Charlotte staff!” He grinned and said, “Happy to be here.” Did Hudson make the team that I'm not aware of? If I was a player, I'd probably slap you if you told me I was an ace..... in AAA and not having faith in making the big league team even if I'm in denial.
-
Who was the most reviled current Sox here
Pierre and it's not even close for me. At least you can count on a good first half from Scott.
-
Saturday Split Squad Action
I hate when my Cubs friend brags about a ST win.
-
2010 AL Central Catch-All
QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 04:12 PM) That's a really good deal for Minny. I'll say that's a steal for one of the best leadoff men in the game., I love Span.
-
Saturday Split Squad Action
Alex Rios continues to be en fuego. 1-0 sox. Gavin has not allowed a hit so far working on three innings.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 02:24 PM) With two minutes left that would have been the first game all season that Huet won by himself.....if he makes those two stops that would have been a helluva game. Still a good game by Huet. Agreed 100% all around.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Can't blame that one on Huet. He played a great game. Bad loss by the Hawks not even getting a point out of it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 01:51 PM) Wish it was still 0-0. Bad play by Seabrook. Now it's 1-1.
-
Mitchell tears tendon
Really, really a bummer for myself, being a prospect lover. Shame this kid could lose 2 steps at the ripe old age of 21-22. Still a good prospect though, but hopefully he'll be the same freak on the basepaths. I hope the sox can win today to help ease the pain.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
One of the most entertaining 0-0 games I think I've seen this season.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:28 AM) Maybe we can get the Derrick Rose magic lottery balls again this year and get Evan Turner. Then, pick up the elite PF we've needed and be set. It's been very depressing watching the Bulls the last seven games, but granted we have been missing the three best players in various games and played a tough schedule, but it only goes to show how weak our team is besides the Big Three. EDIT: I think we get the Bucks pick this year instead, right? If so DAMMIT. Yes. Unless the Bulls get the 10th pick, which is protected, the Bucks will make the playoffs AND ass-rape the Bulls in swapping picks. That Salmons trade could turn out to be horrendous. If I would have known this before, I wouldn't have minded taking the first offer Gar had with the 2 aging centers (didn't say anything about swapping picks or adding 2nd rounders) instead of Warrick/Alexander.
-
Mitchell tears tendon
Hmmm just thinking about it now.. didn't Jake Peavy have a similar injury last year except it was his right ankle, or am I wrong on that?
-
Sox vs Cubs in Vegas.....baby........Vegas...on CSN
De Aza with another hit, then makes a boneheaded mistake on the basepaths.. 6-5 the score now though.
-
Mitchell tears tendon
QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 11:44 PM) Posterior tibial tears "Surgical options may include cleaning away and removing any inflamed tissue around the tendon, realigning the foot bones, fusing some of the bones together or transferring fibers from another healthy tendon to repair the damaged posterior tibial tendon. The orthopaedic surgeon may use just one of these options or a combination of them. Ugh.... Thing that pisses me off more is Cora had him in LF and Jared was playing CF the whole ST with Ozzie if I'm not mistaken. But you just can't control injuries and like I said.. it happens all the time especially to prospects reassigned. I'll say this.. I'd rather have a top prospect out than the Twins having Nathan out as far as current plans, not the future. Kid gave it his all/effort to make a spectacular catch in a ST game helping his pitcher/team. Anyone can ask him, and I'm sure he would say he would do the same thing again. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 11:48 PM) So the big question is will this affect his speed after the normal recovery? I hope not, but it is dealing with an ankle which is never good. Another question is.. is this a season-ender IF the sox don't want him to push it at all this year, costing him development time. 6-8 weeks, plus therapy which is another few weeks added... not good.
-
Sox vs Cubs in Vegas.....baby........Vegas...on CSN
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 11:11 PM) De Aza run scoring single. Kotsay to 3rd De Aza takes 2nd on the throw. 4-3 Sox. I've said it for a while.. I really, really like De Aza. My hate for Pierre does help that though.
-
Mitchell tears tendon
QUOTE (Real @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 10:26 PM) This is very, very bad news. This could affect KW's wheeling & dealing, also will definitely affect Mitchell's progression due to missing an entire MILB season This sucks. It's gonna REALLY hamper his development time if this is a season ender. Worst case scenario already happen. Now we gotta hope the best case scenario is he's only missing a few weeks and will be good to go around May/June or so. Any type of experience is crucial for him. We also got to hope it isn't one of those surgeries that requires another ligament to be reattached to it or a screw. Ptatc.. you better be around my good man..
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:47 PM) I didn't want to say it before, as I may have been talking about your future sister-in-law, but any time a girl is pregnant and there is any question as to who the father may be...well, she's a whore. No doubt.. but I think my brother and the other guy are the only 2 people she's been with, but even if thats the case.. she is still a b**** and not just for that reason alone. My brother is an idiot, but I'm glad he learned a serious lesson. (he's literally scared to touch a girl right now.. )
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 10:21 PM) And Johnson actually didn't perform that badly getting starters minutes. He's a good looking player when he gets minutes. Good spot up shooter too with range for easy assist for Derrick in the future and can take guys off the dribble. Still raw of course, but I like him.
-
Sox vs Cubs in Vegas.....baby........Vegas...on CSN
Teahen is having a Nick Swisher-esc ST so far. Horrid luck hitting line drives right at people (BABIP might be through the roof) or striking out looking. Glad he's getting this out of the way early.
-
Mitchell tears tendon
Really tough news to swallow. Shame too as he was reassigned, but still played in the games. Happens all the time though with other players around the league. Hopefully you have a hellova year next season Jared. Anyone know if he's getting a screw or something put in it?
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 04:40 PM) at least Beckham's putting on a clinic. Rios as well. Both have hit the ball real well today. Funny I told some here that Mitchell would still be a PR or late inning replacement OF/PH after getting reassigned in the last game thread, and here he is getting injured. Hopefully it's not serious, but I hate to hear it's his ankle which is not a good place to have a guy, especially with speed, get hurt on.
-
What are the chances of the Sox eating Linebrink's contract?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 04:42 PM) If Putz arm is healthy, he is not a question mark. Not to mention so far.. it seems he got his velocity back and has looked really, really sharp in these games. If this continues, he'll probably be as comfortable for fans to see get outs as Thornton is.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
Rios has been killing the ball the last few games. Good to see, and hopefully that carries over to the regular season.
-
Hawks national anthem... Disrespectful?
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:18 PM) I did at first too. Know I kind of like it. It's "our" thing. I was the opposite. I LOVED it at first... now it's starting to get old. I wish they would just play a different song for different Hawks like they used to. Rock you like a Hurricane for Kaner, Sharp dressed man for Sharp, Johnny be good for Toews etc.. though I haven't been to a game this season, so they might actually still play those songs that I'm not aware of.