Everything posted by SoxAce
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:19 PM) How did the other Sox runs score after TCQ? ? Sox only scored 1 run.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
Linebrink's goal has got to be have a 1-2-3 inning this spring. And theres a walk. Hopefully he can get out of this for his psyche.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:08 PM) Yikes. There is nothing bigger to change your life than that. You got that right. I just hope he gets off his ass, gets a job and handles his responsibilities if its true. I'm gonna talk to him when he comes home from school tonight about this. Hopefully the kid isn't his for his sake. I'll keep ya posted what happens later on today.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
Kotsay just missed one.. though the announcer got "Hawk type" happy, even though the ball was caught like 5 feet away from the track.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
Just found out my little brother (age 17) is possibly a father. This should be an interesting few days in the household.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
Quentin 2-2... he's en fuego.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) Who is on the mound for Cleveland? Mitch Talbot (basically a AAA pitcher) I'm watching mostly cause of Alex White. (Indians top prospect) He is scheduled to pitch today and I wanna see how he fares against some of our guys. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:23 PM) How did Garcia do today? Still early.. but so far has given up 2 ER. 2-1 Top 2nd.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:22 PM) Brandon Webb will be an interesting story to watch this year. If he is healthy once again.. the D-Backs will have an incredible year. Haren-Webb-Jackson will win you alot of games and I love Ian Kennedy going to the NL as their #4.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
Sigh.. Kearns was a guy I really wanted to see the sox get in the offseason. I think he's gonna have a great year for Cleveland.
-
ST: Indians @ White Sox
Quentin looks very healthy scoring from second to home.. nice slide and nice 2 OUT RBI single by Konerko. 1-0 good guys.
-
Your MLB Realignment
Bring the Milwaukee Brewers back to the AL!!!
-
What Would Your At-Bat song be?
No Rick Astley to piss off everyone?
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
This stretch might get ugly fast.... Deng out "a while" Gibson possibly out as well. I guess the only bright spot(s) is James Johnson can finally play some god damn minutes, not to mention see if the Bulls sink or swim and to shut down Noah the whole year or not.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 10:25 PM) I loved Kaner's attempt at a Savvy special. Wish he would had made that afterwards. That was sweet for sure.
-
MLB Network 30/30
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 12:50 AM) A Cubs guy, not sure how much he loves SouthSiders. He loves Ozzie, and always says nice things/points about the sox. He is a Cub homer, but he isn't "David Kaplan" territory at that. (cept the Ozzie love) A true analyst.
-
Torii Hunter: Black Hispanics are "Impostors"
QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:30 PM) Well it was a pretty stupid way of putting it, but yeah, he's right, black Latinos and black Americans are 2 different cultures and blacks here tend to not want to play baseball - at least for kids growing up in the 90s and earlier this decade, anyway. He is right, even Ozzie agreed with him. BTW, here is the quote you were looking for.. it was mostly the Astros not having ANY black players which I never knew they didn't that year.
-
Just throwing this out there
QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 11:17 PM) Flowers is a s*** prospect compared to Smoak, and Davis is going to break out. No way in HELL they trade either one for a crappy return like Flowers or AJ. Come on. I wouldn't go THAT far especially considering catching prospects are much more valuable than 1B prospects especially when you have alot of stud 1B spects out there. Catching prospects take much more time to develop unless your name is Joe Mauer, but Smoak is a stud though. If your talking Smoak, Texas would probably prefer pitching back. So ya.. Hudson and go from there. QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 07:23 PM) Welcome to the forum Knackattack. Don't stress, Kalapse is our poster of the year, and he owns everyone on this forum, including you on this one. :-) Meh.. qwerty and cheat (once upon a time) were just as good (some would say better and I LOVE Kalapse.. ) but thats just my personal opinion.
-
Nice article about Danks1 and Floyd
Scott Linebrink FTW.
-
ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:13 PM) I don't understand the reasoning behind his reassignment if they were still to use him in games. So you thought he had a shot at the MLB roster? I was only shocked they announced it this early. Usually top prospects don't make the announcement official til a bit later. What the real question should be is if Mitchell should be in A+ or AA. Phegley and Gonzalez were obvious especially with Flowers, Lucy, Castro and others ahead of them. I guess thats why Jared wasn't around since he isn't as advanced as Danks, Flowers, Hudson, etc..
-
ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:10 PM) Yes. I was lucky enough to watch the Dodgers and Indians square off in the fields in the back. I believe sportsnite also had a preview of the Sox, and the Dodgers were literally like 5 feet away from the sox on the other field training.
-
ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:03 PM) Isn't minor league ST on one of the many other fields in the Camelback Complex? I believe so yes.
-
2010 Preview: Lefty Starters
Great read Dan. Ya Leesman is a guy I like alot, especially with the increased velocity on his fastball from where he was drafted to now. One guy who wasn't mentioned who is worth keeping an eye on as well is Santos Rodriguez. Dude can really dial it up himself. Still raw, but is an interesting prospect. Should be interesting to see not only if he fills out his 6'5 frame, but if the sox like him as a SP or RP.
-
ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 03:44 PM) He'll probably still get some occasional at bats, especially late in ST when the roster decisions are made. Yea he probably will. Even if you get re-assigned, you can still stick around until the final couple days of ST I believe. I remember a couple years back Gomes (the Brazilian prospect) was re-assigned, but a couple days later he came on to pinch run and play the OF in a game. Minor league ST is a bit away as well. Hell I don't believe rosters have even been set by the org. yet. I don't know if Mitchell will play any games here scheduled, but say a B game.. perhaps.
-
ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 03:01 PM) Every White Sox started but Vizquel and Rios have reached base. Now every one except Vizquel has reached/has a hit. Randy Williams 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 SO.. nice outing for him. Hudson made one bad pitch to Chavez, which made his outing seem meh.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
After his combine, if he fell to the Bears in the third... I hope they take him. They have a knack of taking players from Abilene Christian as well. Would be a good way to rebuild that OL.