Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:46 PM) running hurts my lungggggggs Quit smoking f@gs then. I see that word is a filter even though it doesn't always mean what it means.
-
Slow pitch softball bats
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 04:46 PM) I am not saying it can't help, I am saying for many people it doesn't matter, but they sure think it does. Like the high socks. Some people think thats cool and sexy..
-
P90X
QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:15 PM) you're right except for the stomach. You can have nice tone everywhere else and still have a little bit of a barrell Thats a bit of my problem right now (can see the definition back of the 6 pack I once had though), though I got some fat around the tricep area. I am seeing results though, I'll probably look into getting alittle bulk later, but right I'm just looing for more tone all around.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Kane so far with 2 points. Continuing his hot streak.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) I can't help but to think that's a HUGE mistake. The entire staff will be gone in a season, so you're going to trade Olsen for a 2nd because Mike freakin' Martz wants a 300 points tight end. I have to agree with this. I'd rather have Olsen's development as far as blocking take a step back and have him as a WR occasinal TE set, than to trade him, and get older. I'd rather trade Hester if I had to choose, but I'm sure this org. won't do that.
-
Tuesday's B-game
Looks like Cow-hide is the only one who has updated his status.
-
City Police Vehicles...Why the f***?...
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 02:13 PM) The other 1% of you know someone IN the department, and have some sort of idea how it actually works so what I said doesn't apply to you in that case. Yay! I feel special! I know more than some about law enforcment (hell I'm basically a rent-a-cop right now. Grew up hating cops, and now its a possibility I'm becomming one.) But there's alot of "bulls***" (I'll say nicely) in closed doors that makes me question whether to pursue it also. I'm not gonna change this thread though from the vehicles standpoint.
-
So who are everyone's nominees for the...
QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:39 PM) So who are everyone's nominees for the annual ANDERSON-FIELDS AWARD? It's for the position player who hits around .500 in Spring but it doesn't translate to the regular season. Named after the 2 former Sox players who did it year in and year out. Also there is the DANNY WRIGHT AWARD, for the pitcher who's mechanics looks clean and pitches awesome, followed by forgetting about all of that come April. And finally the PABLO OZUNA AWARD, for the player that comes out of nowhere, hit's .500, makes the teams and actually contributes to the big league team... :lolhitting This really should be a thread..
-
P90X
Man I wish I had P90X. In other news I'm down to 155 today from 180 so I dropped 25 pounds. Too bad that biggest loser thing still ain't goin on. Got some extra fat that needs muscle, but have no idea how to work them.
-
Tuesday's B-game
Meh... Cabrera was a long shot to make it anyway. Hopefully he has a good year in AAA for the Knights sake and his sake.
-
Tuesday's B-game
QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:01 PM) Per Cowley... Hudson looked all-man team. Two IP, 4Ks, no hits. Plus, he fanned "Snoopy Dog" as Oz called him. I'll be the first to say it.. I hope Hudson quietly out pitches Freddy to make this team. I think he's the better option going forward, plus I love prospects/young players. I've said this all winter though, so it's no secret.
-
Happy Birthday MurcieOne!
Happy B-Day bro. I'm gonna get that Rex Grossman blow up doll delivered to you right away.
-
Tuesday's B-game
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 12:32 PM) I hope Gavin isnt getting ready too soon. He needs to dial it back. Gavin is like this every year. Always seems he's 2 steps ahead of the curve... sort of speak.
-
NHL Olympics Quiz
64/144. Hockey is my least favorite, but I know names, though some I'm surprised I forgot. Good luck to anyone guessing international names. (excluding the obvious stars)
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:55 PM) Rose is a much, much better shooter and scorer than Kidd (Kidd is better at 3 point shooting, but from the field, it's not even close, plus Rose shoots and scores more.) With that in mind, Rose probably won't ever be at the level Kidd has been in assists, although having better teammates someday will help. Rose is averaging about 4 rebounds a game, to Kidd's career total of about 6 and a half a game. If Rose can get closer ot 5 in that department, I'd be happy. And I think he can. It seems he's taken Wade's shooting for sure. Kidd has always been a triple double waiting to happen every game. He can rebound and find his teammates and make anyone better. I'd be happy with a combination, and your right.. Kidd was just a beast with passing the ball (similar to Nash/Paul) not to mention his career 6.6 in rebounding is just insane for a PG. (who knows if that would be higher if he didn't get injured early part in his career) Don't get me started on his steals as well. It would be nice though to see Rose finish with 20-4-7 though he's got a long ways to go with the assist. 2010 FA is so crucial to this organization and his development. (not to mention the coaching change) BTW.. it's weird it took Kidd 18 years to actually shoot over 43% from the field/3.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Derrick Rose has got to do a better job rebounding the basketball, especially with Joakim and possibly Luol out for a few games. I don't blame his assist being down with no pure shooters when he passes the ball, but he's regressing in the rebounding responsibility. Defense, 3 point ball, using your strength to box out and rebound. No particular order he's got to work on this offseason. I didn't even mention drawing fouls (though that is more on the refs too) and alittle post up game (not many people talk about this but, he has the size/athleticism. Plus I love watching Billups/Davis post up other PGs though this isn't a necessity.) I have my doubts if he'll ever develop into a Jason Kidd type player (which he was projected to be if everything goes right, minus shooting) but I can see (and settle) for D. Wade part 2 in PG form as a second alternative.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:26 PM) Danny Richmond is like the turd that won't flush. He keeps coming back to the organization. I'm sure he's happier than all hell once again. A Chicago born player back on the team he grew up rooting for.
-
Miguel Cabrera
Every post I read from Mark, I agree 100% with, which is unusual.
-
Target Field
Morneau, what the hell are you talking about?
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 09:38 PM) It sucks that Ames is about 80% guys. It also sucks that your hot roommate is like a sister to you.
-
City Police Vehicles...Why the f***?...
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 02:28 PM) 90% of Chicago cops can't run up a single flight of stairs without stopping to take a break. now imagine if they had to take an agility test. lol :lolhitting
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 05:59 PM) I honestly have no idea what I meant by my post to be honest. I'm in my 2nd year of college and drink at least 3 nights a week too so I'm definitely not a rookie your just a seasoned veteran who is past his prime haha. I can't even counter that one.. Your right..
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 09:08 PM) Youre Serbian though, I am not Canadian.. so im just a weirdo.. Yes.. yes you are. f***ing kills me of all people... cry baby Sid gets the winning goal. ANYONE else from Canada I was hoping would get it if the USA didn't. Glad to see Toews following the Yzerman 2002 line. Hopefully he completes it like Yzerman did with the Stanley Cup this year as well. QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 10:10 PM) I would think you'd want to cheer for the team that is representing the country you live/born in. Yes, though I can at least see Slav's point of view too. I'm half Mexican, and my dads side is all true Mexico through and through, so like the WBC for example, if the USA got bounced, I would root for Mexico. If USA-Mexico wound up meeting for the championship, I would cheer for the USA (possibly both equally), but personally could care less who won since I love Mexico as well. Home soil is irrelevant.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Jerome James is the guy who should be cut. In fact.. I'm shocked he's still here. (well... his expiring contract) Chris Richard easily can take his spot.
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 03:23 AM) You're such a tank. I bet you have a huge dick too. Unfortunately, I'm only half black, so I got more of a mexican one.. That probably shouldn't be in green... And yes, I know you were being sarcastic you douche.