Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Happy B-Day my friend. Pretty much came and posted on the same day together in this ST game.
  2. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 11:50 AM) Oh yeah...my secret spot is Taco Mex on 107th and Torrence. They have the BEST HARD SHELL TACOS you can ever find. I used to live around there, and been there. Not a big taco fan, so I'll take your word for it, but they have damn good tacos.
  3. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 02:40 AM) tsk tsk, and you want to be a drinking champ..... If you can roll 5 shots, and 2 beers AFTER a night of drinking then I'll be impressed. Also you're never on AIM anymore . f*** I have to work at 1 pm tomorrow/today . woooo alcohol You already forgot the stories I told you when I was really killing it Kev? I'm not a legend in some areas for nothin bro. I'll be more impressed if you drank and had to work at 5-6 am. Your still learnin though rook. I think I had about 16 beers and 3-4 shots last night... didn't sleep, went to McDonalds around 7 am, drank again at 11-4pm, went home and crashed till about 11 pm. Great 24 or so hours.
  4. QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) What a meltdown tonight by the Slovaks. Really wanted Slovakia to win just to see a new team win a medal. It would have been nice seeing all the Hawks come back with medals.. Oh well.
  5. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 01:27 AM) I had nother dream about getting engulfed by a giant anaconda. i am now convinced that's how i'm going to die. so if i ever dissapear from the board know it's because of a god damn snake. probly cuz u gond die gettin raped....,, in da azz@!!1
  6. QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 08:30 PM) Everytime I see Andre Miller, I think back to Rose's block last year. Me personally.. the crossover.
  7. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:45 PM) I will see my friends for the first time since new years. I'm hearing a s*** ton of beer and counting. Gonna be downtown making my Pilsen visit tomorrow. If I stumble upon their computer I'll try and go here. So far, hanging like a champ. 5 beers, 2 shots.. Still feel great/not even close to buzzed. Though I highly doubt I'll be on very long.
  8. I was pulling for Slovakia (cause I think USA has an easier chance of beating them), but I love the USA/Canada matchup. Should be an epic game, and I love that the game is on Sunday, which doesn't have any "competition" per say on other networks.
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 03:50 PM) Well, if Nabokov was bad, then I don't know what adjective describes Kiprusoff and Backstrom in the 1st period. Just like both games, the goalie was pulled way too late. Kipper should have been pulled when he let in the third goal on what 5 shots.. They left him in before pulling him down 4-0.
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 03:07 PM) You dirty dog, you... I'm just glad she still had "definition" on her body, before she knew. She is a nice person though, so I do keep in contact occasionally asking how she and her baby are. If I knew before-hand I probably don't even hang with her.
  11. So it looks like (though we still have 2 periods to play) it's gonna a Blackhawk (Kane) against at LEAST 2 Blackhawks for the gold. (Hossa/Kopecky or Keith/Seabrook/Toews) Gonna be fun to watch.
  12. KANER!! AGAIN!! 5-0 USA! Mercy.... 6-0 USA. Still the first period.
  13. Kipper is having a horrid game for Finland. Erik Johnson. Really great kid scores a goal. 3-0 USA.
  14. Parise must be eating what Rafalski is eating lately. 2-0 USA.
  15. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 10:28 AM) Looks like Jared Mitchell will be playing in Birmingham this year. Article "OF Jared Mitchell: This talented leadoff hitter will work alongside Pierre as a non-roster invite during Spring Training, in preparation for Mitchell to assume this top-of-the-order role in a couple of years. The 21-year-old top pick for the White Sox in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft will start 2010 for Double-A Birmingham, and could be the fastest player in the White Sox system." I am stunned if this turns out to be true. He is definitely moving the Beckham route, though Beckham was more fundamentally sound which is why I'm puzzled with this. Mitchell still has some holes he needs to work out. He will be exposed against lefties pretty badly (though he still has excellent discipline), and if he takes over center, which he is still raw in as well, is Danks a LF? RF? promoted? Perhaps the B-Ham hitting coach is a better teacher for Mitchell than the W-S hitting coach is for Jared. I gotta say this though... I hope Jared never turns out to be like like Juan Pierre. If he can get a bunt game... fine, but he doesn't need to do that all the time. Anything else from Pierre... I'd rather have Jared watch tape of Crawford/Sizemore/Span.
  16. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 10:26 AM) I had the shortest relationship of my life with a girl who had a kid. It lasted less than two weeks. All she ever talked about was her f***ing kid, and I just wanted to tell her that I didn't give a s***. Haha mine was like that, but alittle different. It only lasted 2 weeks as well, but she was pregnant.. And of course it was a two week relationship (didn't have sex with her.. yet.. ), so obviously it wasn't mine. I had to dip-set with the quickness with that.
  17. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 11:17 AM) Ugh, Aldridge would be so nice. QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 01:25 PM) seriously, aldridge would be so great. We wouldn't have Derrick Rose if we had LaMarcus. He alone probably gives us a couple more wins from that 08 season. (unless Skiles and Boylan dick around with him as well, then in case I'm wrong) I'm quite satisfied personally.
  18. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 02:04 AM) I don't think we'll see ever see a Mitchell/Danks/Quentin/Rios OF, but stranger things have happened with White Sox prospects. Maybe the strangest of all would be Sox position prospects starting to make a consistent impact, starting with Beckham. We would have to be extremely lucky if two of those guys pan out, yet alone one. That's why I don't waste my time on those "future projected lineups" in 2011 and beyond on the futuresox board. Lord knows how many threads I've seen since I've been here where I've seen Sweeney (noone knows if spects will get dealt too FYI) BA, etc.. outfield, Malone/Rauch the ace, etc.. etc.. It's a great scenario, but more than likely for all we know our next big time.. say... future young 3B stud for example, could be in another organization, or in this years (or next years) draft IF that.
  19. QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 06:49 PM) 400 lb guys are not long for the league. You'll be lucky to find many over 350. You better stop while your "behind" Jeremy.
  20. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 12:24 AM) I don't see any chance of him repeating at Kanny. He hit .300 there with a .417 OBP and .850 OPS in his 34 games there. I think he is basically passed that league. I think W-S is the obvious choice, but I think there is an outside chance he starts in AA. I guess it also might depend on Jordan Danks placing too. If Danks is in AAA, I bet Mitchell goes to AA, and obvious if Danks goes back to AA, then Mitchell will be in A+ at W-S. It depends how the sox feel he's progressing. Just because you rake a small smaple size in 34 games, doesn't mean your getting promoted. Look at Brandon Allen for example. Dude put up a .275/.358/.615/.972 line in AA in 43 games. Sox obviously felt he needed more time so he spent about a third to half the year in AA before getting promoted. Hell Dexter Carter was unconscious in low A (actually had better numbers at the time than Hudson) but he stayed in low A to further develop his pitches whereas Hudson got the promotion since he was further along in development. Like I said, it depends how he farm directors feel a prospect is ready to make the jump. Hell some guys might only put up average lines in a league (low BABIP/unlucky but excellent discipline, whatever it is), but get promoted and rake. If he gets the call to W-S, then that means the sox feel Mitchell is ready. If he stays at low A, the sox feel he needs to work on/tweek some things. (notably his swing/adjustment to CF, hitting left handers, etc..)
  21. QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:28 PM) I have no insider knowledge on this, but I'd be pretty surprised if he started in AA. That seems too fast. There's no way he starts off in AA.. no chance. At best, he might start at W-S and even that is a question mark.
  22. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    I will see my friends for the first time since new years. I'm hearing a s*** ton of beer and counting. Gonna be downtown making my Pilsen visit tomorrow. If I stumble upon their computer I'll try and go here.
  23. QUOTE (qwerty @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 04:26 PM) Every player is thrown out there during the off-season. It's just that the level of seriousness varies all sorts of different degrees. No doubt, and in all honesty, it wasn't serious. But my point is that there were "discussions" now how serious they were, I have no idea.
  24. QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 04:23 PM) Another out of context article by JC about Ozzie. Ozzie said that he would retire after the W.S. win too, so I take anything he says about retiring with a big 2 cents. He tells it like it is, but not even Mr. Guillen can predict the future.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.