Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Love the new Bulls and finally good to see Law gettin some minutes (as well as JJ). Didn't like VDN keeping Gibson out there with Alexander on the bench. Usually I wouldn't care since he's a rookie, but not when your playing with plantar fasciitis. BTW, poor Noah. I know he took a ripping for missing an open dunk. Sucks to see his stats plummet (like Rose's did when he left against ORL) as well only playing 5 minutes, though I know he only cares bout winning so it's all good.
-
Where now?
Hmmm... Pierre 40-60 (if he gets his usual 600+ PA, since he is starting again) Beckham 15-20 Rios 20-30 Alexei 15-20 (he's improved his discipline as well as his stealing ability so I expect that to continue) Nix 5-15 (depending on playing time) Teahen 5-10 (though he's capable of 15) Konerko 0-2 (he's on a 2 year SB streak.. you gotta think he'll swipe at least 1 this year ) Pierzynski 0-1 (he's on a 4 year streak) Quentin 5-10 (assuming he can stay off the DL, and Ozzie feels comfortable in him running) Kotsay 0-4 (depending on PT, and is older) Jones 0-5 (not in his prime anymore, but Jones can still swipe em at will) Castro 0-0 (he will NEVER steal a bag regardless of PT) Not counting De Aza, Flowers etc.. since who knows what will happen in ST from now (someone beating out someone else for a spot, someone getting released/traded, injuries, etc.. etc...) I don't think stolen bases or "steal threats" will be an issue with this team.
-
Where now?
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:44 PM) I can't wait to see Beckham turned into captain bunting because Ozzie wants to completely recreate the Marlins 2003 lineup. One of the main reasons I want Beckham lower in the order myself. I don't care if he's 3, 5 or 6 (which Ozzie said he wanted him in the 6 spot anyway) I don't want to see a man with his talent (not to mention before last season, never bunted in his entire life playing baseball) ask to bunt (which Ozzie will do) and pretty much waste an out from a run producer.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
It's officially over folks.
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 03:41 AM) Why you afraid to drink some Jack? Thought you were a heavy drinker? I am, but I'm afraid I'll drink it all and won't save any (also don't wanna spend more money since I'm broke these days) by mid March to enjoy. I plan on B.Y.O.B. for myself these days. (especially considering friends like to go to bars)
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:46 AM) Four Shots of Jack D's tonight. I hit my head though, hurts like a b****. Didn't hurt much at the time. I got a big bottle of JD literally under my bed, but I haven't touched it in about a month now. It's barely even dented actually. I'm trying to wait till early to mid March though as there will be a good number of parties I will be attending.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 01:41 AM) People act like you needed to hit 3 singles to get the guy home. Granted he couldn't score from 1st on a double most of the time, but the guy got the job done and could have gotten it done part time vs RHP certainly. Funny thing is.. Thome is actually FASTER than Konerko. Konerko is one of the top 3 slowest guys in the game right now. (not to mention one of the worst rally killers of the last 50 years, if I remember correctly) If it wasn't for 2005, class act/leader, and what he's meant to our sox org. since he's dawned the uniform, I probably would hate the guy. I'm sure most of us will be happy to see only he will probably struggle on scoring from 2nd to home or 1st to 3rd.. maybe A.J. (though he's probably the best or second best baserunner [next to Teahen] on the team) but thats about it.
-
WGN Radio @ 9:30 AM Central Time on Saturday
No Jason, there is no way in hell I'm waking up that early to listen to your girly voice. Hopefully there is some kind of record like someone said. I'll probably be up and around by 11 or so anyways.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I love seeing Derrick Rose with 8 rebounds. That guy should be averaging 7-8 rebounds a game. He's too strong and too athletic to just back away from rebounding the ball (especially if Kirk has been in there having some nice rebounding nights) Just sucks to see Rose only averaging 5 assist cause his teammates suck at hitting open shots when he passes them the ball or they fake the shot and try to drive/pass and do too much. Scary to think Rose could be averaging 20-7-8 right now if he had better shooters/teammates, not to mention Derrick himself being more assertive rebounding the ball. Luol Deng is still selfish BTW. As Noah said earlier this season.. he only cares about his stats (more-so ppg and rpg) than passing the ball to the open man and playing unselfish/being smarter to win.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
I'll just make mine short/brief.. My senior year in high school... We were in love... had plans to go to college together, possibly move in together and what not.. she got drunk at a party.. cheated on me (with her ex at that), I found out, cheated back (drunk also) told her the next day, she b****ed me out, didn't say nothing till a month later busting her out for cheating on me first, now 5 years later... great/funny story to still tell to friends, or good advice to give to the younger kids. Oh forgot to add that 2 years after the break up, we hooked up at my good friend's b-day party, then afterward (liquor in us) starting yelling at each other..
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Tyrus numbers.. 9 points 12 rebounds 6 blocks Salmons numbers: 19 points 1 rebound (33 minutes) Warrick and Murray were solid. Hopefully we see an Alexander & Law sighting tomorrow. (more than likely IF the Bulls blow out the 76ers)
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 03:39 PM) Especially after Damon calls and accepts KW's terms. I like the optimism.. hopefully your right. Ima head out though so hopefully by tonight or tomorrow or even Sunday, theres something different.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
This really sucks. Gonna be an interesting Sunday for KW to speak about this....
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:55 PM) I have never been a big gambler but I have been winning and winning pretty well on an online site. Its like I cant stop now cause I keep on winning! I'll be anxiously waiting for your post a couple days from now "As you all know, I kept gambling, and now I lost everything! Why didn't any of you tell me to stop while I'm ahead?!"
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
You know your on the verge on insanity when your talking about how many pages are on your screen in a thread. BTW, I'm on page 97 (default) as well.
-
Happy Birthday SuperSteve
Didn't see a thread for ya, since I know you still post from time to time. Have a good one my friend! :cheers
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:44 PM) That is something he did talk about as well. He said that Damon's wife nor Damon himself really sound like they want to go to Detroit yet here they are debating it....TIFWIW. $$$$$$$
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:25 PM) Wow. I was away from my computer for an hour and I miss a fight, screaming, yelling, punching... No news, though? It doesn't help that it's Friday and I can't concentrate on work as it is. Agreed. Ha, Rock got dissed, when he's been pretty much right on rumors/signings for like 2 years. Hilarious. Anyone got an update yet? Didn't read the "whole" thread per say.... Doc? Rock? Jas?
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:13 AM) How insane would it be if this dude broke the report before anybody else? Not to mention soxtalk, first as usual, to find a news source before anyone else.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:01 AM) OK, don't shoot the messenger and I have no idea who this dude is, he looks like a scout....but here are a few tweets: An inside source to the negotiations between the ChiSox/Boras/ Johnny Damon stated that a deal is done pending physical #mlb #whitesox about 4 hours ago from web Source stated that Damon's contract with the White Sox is complex, and a healthy chunk will be based on player performance #mlb #whitesox about 4 hours ago from web http://twitter.com/Roger26N This is a pretty random source. What he is reporting may actually add up: 1) Why there is a "delay": The Sox can't offer the most money up front, but they can offer deferment in the form of performance bonuses. I imagine there are a lot of creative milestones in the contract that would allow for a larger payday. This kind of complexity does explain why it would take time to hammer out a deal 2) Why the action just "stopped": After a brief comment from KW and a cryptic statement from the Front Office, today brought a sudden silence from all camps. I know Kenny would demand a gag order if the deal is pending finalization. Take it for what it's worth... Lets hope to god that guy is right.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:59 AM) Eh, in the good parts of the country yes. Oh your just a picky Aussie Andy. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:01 AM) Btw, OT, but a friend of mine asked me this interesting question today, and I guess it can go here since it relates to 2 of the 3 people mentioned. Best Chicago athlete born in 1988: Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, or Derrick Rose? (And off topic again, lets hope Jared Mitchell ends up in that question someday.) I'll just say this.. "athlete" and "player" are two different scenarios IMO. And in both cases.. I would still take Derrick Rose, though it is much closer as far as "player." (and honestly there really isn't a wrong answer, but as of right now and possibly the future.. Rose) As far as pure "athlete", its not even close. It's bad enough people still compare Kane and Toews and they are on the same team..
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:30 AM) When your batting average is in the .220-.230 range and you're getting on at a Pablo Ozuna-esque pace, then yes, you still suck. "I'll tell ya what Stone Pony, batting average is overrated. It's not what you hit, is when you hit it." - Anonymous
-
Favorite Chicago Food Spots
QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:42 PM) Macku sushi on clybourn, simply SPECTACULAR!!! easily the top sushi place ive been to in Chicago, and ive been to toro, sushi samba, japonaise etc... my gosh, i can really die happy now :headbang UGH... you have great taste in food, then you go ahead and make this post... I hate seafood.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:54 PM) Nice 43/13/15 for LBJ And Carmelo still beat him. Quite a fun duel to watch though. I didn't really realize how far along Carmelo has taken off.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:53 PM) Toews vs. Kane. Kane, the American man, anyday and twice on Sundays. (no disrespect to the captain of course)